1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

RESUUUUUULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant News Andy - that really is going to turn things round for you.
    I was over visiting Andy a couple of weeks ago, helping move stuff between the (shocking) flat and his Mum's house.

We had a really good natter, and even better had the fish & chip birthday lunch a day early that the family weren't able to sort, which they usually do.

We were both seriously stuffed after the lunch special:
    A goodly sized portion of Fish & Chips
    A round of thickly sliced bread & butter
    A Large cup of Tea
    and...
    Your choice from the dessert menu - I had a 'Brown Derby' (You older peeps may remember such a thing at Wimpy bars in the 70s and early 80s) - A warm ring doughnut with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
    Only one complaint, the tomato ketchup WASN'T Heinz :eyebrow:

I heard on the radio today that there is new legislation coming in that you can take legal action against your Landlord for unrectified problems. Historically it had to be Environmental Health enforcement, and those guys are thin on the ground; also council enforcement on themselves didn't always work out!

Thanks for the gifts Andy, my daughter loves the sound dock, and is eyeing up the Apple 20" Cinema Display to go with her ITX PC.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Haha I don't mind cheap ketchup. It's very vinegary. Reminds me of being a kid and having those plastic tomato shaped bottles in the cafe by the sea :D

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Tomato shaped bottles remind me of the Goodies in the 70s, where they were dressed as cowboys but had those ketchup holders instead of 6 guns!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Had a meeting today with the CEO of a community development organisation that went very well. Nothing's final, but I may have created a job for myself as a Fab Lab manager.

Vault-Tec and Arboreal like this.
  5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

What does a fabulous Labrador manager do then?

perplekks45 and The_Crapman like this.
  6. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Get them TV work? Prep them for Crufts??

7. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

It'd be based in East Belfast, so mainly it's separating them by coat colour and arranging dog fights to abuse the friendliness and cooperativeness out of them. Don't want the unionist community or DUP getting any ideas from their example...

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

That doesn't sound very fabulous at all!

9. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

No no Tad, the Labradors are the fabulous thing. Gah!

VipersGratitude likes this.
  10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Epic news. :rock:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You realise, of course, we expect nothing less than a full photo tour of your new pad. Unless you can manage one of those sooper-dooper 360 degree youtube vids. :D

IanW, MLyons and Vault-Tec like this.
  12. Vault-Tec

I can try!

The camera in this BlackBerry is the best I've ever had so I'll have to figure something out :)

Have also ordered one of those floor mats to stop the PC chair wrecking the carpet. Never bothered before, but the carpet around my chair in the dump I'm in now is waffer thin lol.

I proof read the letter my landlady is getting earlier. It's dead complex and goes into retaliatory eviction etc. One thing I know is I wouldn't want to be her. She may have pulled the wool over my eyes but these people at the trust aren't to be messed with. It basically puts things on my terms. IE give me back my deposit and I'll gladly leave your crappy flat, and no one gets in unless you do. So I may have another payday en route.

IanW likes this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Two interviews coming up. Good to be progressing with the next stage of things...

IanW, David, adidan and 1 other person like this.
  14. Vault-Tec

Good luck dude.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Thanks, probably gonna need it! Both these jobs are quite substantial pay rises, so they won't be a walk in the park that's for sure.

On the other hand if I do get either of these jobs that'll mean my wages will have gone up by £10,000 in just over a year. So... yeah - bricking it, but looking forward to it at the same time!

IanW, Arboreal and Vault-Tec like this.
  16. Vault-Tec

hah that about sums up my life right now :D

IanW, Byron C and Arboreal like this.
  17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Website I started recently has started being picked up by search engines and is doing well for a site that's only been up for a week. It's cool to have built something from scratch and see people actually using it.

adidan likes this.
  18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

What's the website?

19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Won't be anyone here's cup of tea but https://drillarchive.com/. An issue a lot of these artists face is their music being taken down by YouTube by request of police due to YouTube not wanting to get bad PR in the media. I don't care about the media so I'm in a position both technically and socially to make it happen. I'm getting a decent amount of views on it with just some small bits of advertising on Reddit. Hope to get it to the point artists are coming to me one day with a fair split of future advertising revenue but that's a long long way away.

The_Crapman likes this.
  20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

This morning I discovered that my mouse (Logitech MX Master) has a hidden button that I never knew existed :D Granted, it's because I never bothered to read the instructions, but in my defence there were none in the box with the mouse, and I didn't bother installing Logitech's software either :D

But yeah, basically the little shelf that your thumb rests on is actually a button, and by default it Alt-Tabs, which is actually really quite handy.

MadGinga likes this.