1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Even if I bashed myself in the face with a labrador i'd still be the looker in a line up of me and thee mate. :p

David and Byron C like this.
  2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ah, HJC Skipfog... Seems to be what HJC supply with their lids, even though genuine pinlock inserts are available.

Checked the fit on the insert in work earlier; seems to be making a seal with the helmet OK, so I'm pretty sure this is on the outside of the lens insert (i.e. the bit in front of your face). Same thing happened with the genuine pinlock inserts for my Shark S900 - they start out working great, but after a few months of crappy weather they start to fog up on the outside of the lens insert. Except this time it didn't even last the 20-25 minute ride into work...

It's due to rain again tomorrow so if it fogs again I'll be back on to the supplier for a replacement. The lid itself is fine; good cooling, seems to be a lot quieter than my other helmet, good visibility... Though double D-rings are awkward to get used to - the ratchet strap thing is a lot easier with gloves on.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I have to do a sleep study to assess my sleep apnoea, which is just frikkin wonderful - I have straps and sensors all over me, tubes up my nose and an annoying little rubber finger cap/sensor. Of course, all the sensors are fastened with super-sticky pads, stuck everywhere there's hair, and all the tubes and wires are held in place with surgical tape that could double as gaffa tape.

I can't sleep because they gave me a flu jab a few days ago (which they swear isn't a live culture) and I'm coughing and snotting all over the place.

I'm pissed off and uncomfortable already, but that's nothing compared to how I'm going feel in the morning when I have to peel off all this ****ing tape.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I've had the flu jab twice and both times I've had an 'overly agressive' reaction to it. I haven't bothered in over 10 years and have had the flu twice, so I fancy those odds better than a guaranteed dose.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Should try immune system boosters when you're on chemo.

First one of those ****ed me up good and proper.

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Mrs is in a mood with me, she called me at work and before I could even say anything more than 'Hiya' it was 'You're in a mood...'

Wait wut? - No.... just working, Happy to talk, quite cheerful infact. After a short conversations she hangs up on me, I call back later hoping she's maybe not in a mood herself and again accuses me of being in this mood and being really off. I had to briefly leave work to ring her from my car to be private.

It seems to happen ever so often but really gets my back up, When she's in a mood about something ridiculous I'm the one in the wrong? Always... Its always something stupid or not unique to her or really really irrational. The other day complained she has no money despite my share of the household bills equating to £850 or more while hers was about £200 and still having enough money to blow it on some £70 perfume that smells exactly like the £14 perfume she has... Feels not happy with her body (she's petite and not even remotely fat) but will still gorge on chocolate and then proceed to complain about it after despite not gaining weight. She's better at complaining than actually doing anything about it, she just lets it get to her and then does a period of self loathing.

I feel like sometimes despite our current situation she just tries to make things unnecessarily difficult when they really don't need to be....

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Not really life ruining however i do enjoy my down time, ever since i bought my latest fishing reel the weather has turned to absolute crap.

“Weeks of gales and heavy rain on cards for Devon and Cornwall, says Met Office”

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

Youwot mate? "Our products are actually a bit s**t, so get a real Pinlock instead"? WTF exactly does "lower temperatures" mean? This is Britain FFS - "lower temperatures" can mean anything from ~15°C to 0°C (or less) depending on who you ask.

It was about 4-5°C on my way in and this was the result:

[​IMG]

The fogging is clearly on the inside because I can wipe it off with my finger:

[​IMG]

And this is what it looked like when I got home (around 10°C, damp, but not actively raining), despite: opening the visor when stopped (waiting at traffic lights, junctions etc), having all the vents open, and having the visor fully open for ~5-10 minutes while I parked and locked up.

[​IMG]

"Sorry mate, buy a real Pinlock because ours suck" is a pish reply. Sportsbikeshop are being utterly useless here too - they could at least knock a fiver or a tenner off the price of a real Pinlock insert. I'm not trying to get something for nothing here, but an anti-fog insert that doesn't actually stop fogging? Come on, any fule kno that ain't right.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

To imagine I never even knew Iron Man was one of the Power Rangers...

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Stress/excitment induced IBS. Running to the toilet convinced I'm about to crap the world from my bottom only to pass lots of gas. Like, so much gas it immediately relieves the stabbing pain in my abdomen . It had me up until 4am.

Took some codeine today. Nothing else works and relieves the pain.

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ah the ability of a loved one to make you realise you're suddenly in a 'situation' and you have no idea why or how you got there.

You only ever notice the event horizon once you've crossed over it.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

****ing German tenses. Ge...t and ge...en, oh and ..ge.. can eat a steaming bag of dicks while I spray-paint WHY on everything I can reach..

The_Crapman likes this.
  14. Vault-Tec

Packing !!! it's like the most tedious unboxing only in reverse, with added puzzles (like how the eff did all of that come out of there?!?!?!).

I was stupendously happy with one thing, though. I dropped a PC side panel on my valve amp (well, one of them) a few months ago and broke the valve shield (acrylic). Imagine my surprise to find a brand new set of shields in the box ! so that can be complete once again :)

15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Remember to put all your books in one big box, rendering it immovable.

yuusou, IanW, spolsh and 4 others like this.
  16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

And all cutlery into a small box thus producing a small yet inexplicably heavy box.

New frame is "in transit" by that they mean its been sat in a warehouse all day about half a mile from me while Yodel decide if they are going to put it into a van. I could drive over an pick it up but nope. not allowed, Urgh!

Arboreal likes this.
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oh yeah, I did that when I moved in to my current house. Not doing that again...

18. Vault-Tec

One box is very heavy. Rest are OK so far. Not really taking any cutlery apart from 4 steak knives, two forks and my Victorinox knives (for when I fancy putting a chef on).

Rest is all old junk and will be going out for the dustman. He shan't be happy in the morning when he has to carry the ten bags I have ready for him full of heavy junk.

Today made me hate my ex even more. She got to pick and choose what she wanted to feather her new nest with, and left me with all the shite to get rid of. She moved an entire house into this flat FFS, and she left most of it here :(

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

My youngest got a nasty gastro bug from Nursery at the start of the week, and has now passed it on to her sister - and me. Which is why the news only went up at 1700 today.

Blegh.

EDIT:
    Which is why my brain decided that "Mojave" is spelt "Mohave." 'kin 'ell. Welp, I'm off back to the sofa.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2019
    IanW and MLyons like this.
  20. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

One box, try 10 boxes...