1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

3. Vault-Tec

Oh OK yeah I could see that being very useful on the huge oak desk I'm using now. I'm leaving that here though 'cause it's bloody huge and taking the fully open office desk my ex had made. It's the full 1m deep but not as wide as usual which I like because the PC is going on the floor.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Be careful of leaving anything of yours in the flat when you leave mate, or you'll get charged for removal.

liratheal likes this.
  5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Chances are you'd be best putting it on Gumtree or similar as 'free to collect' rather than leaving it there.

6. Vault-Tec

Nah she didn't do an inventory. So she's screwed really. However there has been a problem. Basically I need proof that £1500 or so was paid to her as the deposit. However when I searched my bank statements I soon realised that I personally only paid her £150 and my ex paid the rest. When we moved in the flat had to be in my name as my ex was from Dorset and you can't get rent paid unless you have lived in the area for 5 years. However it was the first time I've ever rented and not lived alone without living with parents or in laws. So, the tenancy was in my name and every month I would bank transfer the rent to my ex and she would pay it to the landlady by standing order. So she also paid the deposit apart from the initial £150 holding deposit.

This was all done because I didn't trust myself with money. So I would BT around 80% of my money to my ex every month. Which in hindsight was pretty dumb because I had no idea of how much money "we" had. As such when she left she took all of "our" savings. I got revenge by taking £1500 of the £2000 that she stashed with my mother. However don't think I'm that terrible because my ex left on the 24th and the rent was due on the 26th and she did a bunk with the rent money I'd sent her leaving me in the crap. Which is kinda stupid when I had two grand of hers. The £1500 I took? Just about paid the rent, final bills (as that was all in her name so she changed the payment method to my debit card without asking) and that was about it.

She was ways a greedy cow, was my ex. So I guess the landlady has plenty of cash to clear the place out. I never really wanted it anyway as I didn't pay it in the first place and I can look after myself (wow, I actually can mostly)

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Was the deposit not placed in tenancy deposit scheme? If you have an email or letter from her confirming she's received that money for the deposit, you don't have to prove where it's come from

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yup @Vault-Tec it's a legal requirement of landlords or agents representing them to do this. https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-protection

Vault-Tec likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Yup I am 99.9% sure that it was put into a deposit scheme tbh.

Thankfully my saviour at the trust (I shan't name her but she is WONDERFUL) is also very skilled at all of this stuff. They actually relish bringing down bad landlords. So thank the lord that is all pretty much in hand and being taken care of.

But yes, you are right it did worry me briefly about leaving stuff here. However, as I said the silly mare (in her haste for us to start paying her mortgage) did not perform an inventory so she can't prove jack. The lady at the trust has already said she screwed herself there. I could leave it packed to the rafters and she can't prove it wasn't here before we moved in.

If I get even a few quid back from the deposit I would be happy, but as I said I wasn't relying on it nor did I care. I was going to leave a nice letter instructing my landlady to use it to clear the place, but after nearly three years of no maintenance and her ignorance last year I'm not feeling terribly generous.

More packing tomorrow. The living room is 90% of it in all honesty. The rest? throw away, repeat, repeat.... I gotta pack up my Xbox at some point but that's easy because I kept the box and etc.

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Even with all that in mind - Especially how helpful this unnamed person has been - I'd suggest doing your best to be a good tenant.

It sucks, because your landlord is a douchebag, but if the people who helped put you in this sweet new place think you're okay, then they're more likely to believe your side in future, should anything happen.

Being able to say "I cleared it out to the best of my ability" rather than "**** her, I left her a ****-tip because she had no proof" might be a good thing.

Arboreal and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Oh yeah I am doing that dude. For every box I pack I fill three trash bags. That is why it's taking so long.

When my ex and I split she was doing her best to push me to hitting her. She was pretty sick in the head in that regard. But that just isn't me, so when the red mist set in I just told her to leave. I ended up calling the police, explaining what was happening and they took her away. I don't dig hitting women, it's just not me (even though she used to complain that all three of her ex husbands used to beat her up, and one intentionally crashed his car on the motorway because of her). So yeah, off she went.

Well when she did her move she did it without telling me. She asked if I could give her access to the flat (and of course muggins here did what he was asked) but what I didn't realise was that she had the movers in. She just said she wanted some stuff. I came back and she had basically cherry picked all of the stuff she wanted to feather her new nest with, leaving me with all of the crap. I did get the TV and sofa, but I also got the contents of her entire 3 bedroom farm house in Dorset. Like, that is how much she brought here. No wonder she wanted this flat.... I wouldn't mind, but it's just total hoarder junk dude.

But yes, anything I can get rid of? will go. The huge white oak desk? Not much I can do about that. It needs to be taken apart to go out the door and I don't have a car or anyone who could take it for me, without paying out the backside. So that is going to stay, and I won't feel bad about it due to the way my landlady has treated me. She has done no maintenance to this place at all in the last three and a half years. So I've either had to do it myself, or, leave and go to my mother's (like when the heating wasn't working at all).

The ladies at the trust have seen what she is like. I have forwarded all of her emails to them, including when she tried to get me to pay for my own eviction.

[​IMG]

So they know exactly what she's like. Like I said, they enjoy this stuff. Stuff that would make me ill from stress (and did last weekend, I was bed bound with IBS over the latest round of talks with her) they actually love doing.

The best thing to do about what I am leaving? just say nothing. If I say "I did my best" that is a confession of "I left stuff that wasn't there when I moved in". I would rather say nothing, and do what I can, that admit to it.

TBH? this all works out best for every one. I get to move out fast, with minimal hassle (apart from the move of course) and she gets her flat back without having to spend £X on getting me evicted, having to get a locksmith out and etc etc. Now if she's daft? then yes, it will get expensive for her.

She would be an absolute fool to kick off over *anything* now. Oh and I also forwarded on the Section 21 notice to the trust and etc etc.

adidan likes this.
  12. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

my old desktop/room
    [​IMG]

13. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I got bored of playing the same old PC games, so have just built myself this new 'gaming' PC. It's currently stuck at the end of the dining room due to the size of it!

I currently have over 150 'tables' to choose from. I haven't had so much fun since I played the real ones way back in time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Byron C, Arboreal and Wakka like this.
  14. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Amazing! what size screen is the main 'deck'?? If I had the room, I'd love to do one. A couple of friends have arcade machines, but this would be a bit more invasive I fear!

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The nice thing about fauxball tables is that there's bugger all under 'em: I've seen some built on a hinge system so when you're not using it the playfield folds up into the wall like a Murphy bed.

Arboreal likes this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well jel, innit.

Arboreal likes this.
  17. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

The main screen is a 43" 4K Monitor as you are confined by the width of the wood in the table. I've got about a 10mm gap either side of the screen)

And below mine isn't bugger all sadly, it's got quite a lot going on. There's a full gaming PC tower to power it, 3 amps (1 to power the main speakers, 1 to power the front exciter speakers and 1 to power the rear exciter speakers - these are used to vibrate the case and make you feel like the ball is actually hitting things). It also weighs a bloody ton.

If you want to know how big the whole thing is, I'll be happy let you know, just don't have the dimensions to hand.

Arboreal likes this.
  18. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Updated my "Game" room after seling on my Rift and upgrading my Test Bench:

[​IMG]

My wife's desk, system and the beast of a Retro machine ( lol ) is on the right :)

Couple pics of the test bench itself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test bench is packing a Core i7 5930k* running at 4.4Ghz (currently), Rampage V Extreme MB, 16GB G Skill Ripjaw 3000C15 DDR4 (4x4), 256GB Samsung NVME SSD and a Corsair 280mm AIO. All housed on the Streacom BC1. Currently has a Titan (Kepler) on there which acts as my primary back up GPU.

*Passively looking out for a 6950x to replace it at some point.

19. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

I see you went for a ikea desk. I got the same but in black. I holes in the back of the drawers and now 2 of the drawers hold a powered usb hub and an extension lead with multiple outlets to hide all the wiring... Done this as i use flying and racing sims so i have a lot of peripherals.. Will get pics up shortly... Nice job by the way

20. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.