1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News UK gets just 100 Radeon VII cards at launch, claims OCUK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 6 Feb 2019.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm not bashing the guy because that is what he does. Could I do it? no. Not morally. He will do whatever he can to sell, and that is why he now pretty much does all of the buying and selling for OCUK.

However 100 cards at launch for all retailers is just LOL. I mean really? that would be the weakest lamest launch ever.

Thing is? OCUK would not take orders for product they can not supply. So it was blatant pork pies. Then again at times people have requested that he repeats a special offer and in his defence he has done so. I also order pretty much everything from OCUK now because they are pretty much the best. I've gotten some absolutely fantastic deals from them.

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

- 100 cards allocated for shipment on launch day
    - 250 orders taken for delivery at some point
    - AMD guaranteed stock will be made available at some point to fulfil the rest of those orders

Product shipment isn't some sort of esoteric dark art after all.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Unless you want to believe that buyers actively avoided in stock models in favour of out of stock models there is no way stock could remain with those numbers, yet stock did remain.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mean... if given the choice of two seemingly-identical graphics cards, both of which are reference designs, and the only differentiating factor is the brand on the box they come in, I'd probably buy the £649.99 one before the £799.99 one, yes. If the £649.99 one was on back-order, I'd grab my place in the queue.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Not all shops tried to rob buyers of £150 extra, yet stock remained there too.

6. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Until you've worked in this industry at that level you can't actually comment as it's clear those who do are talking out of their bottoms.

Speculation is just that. Speculation.

I don't understand the hostility. Yes he's been wrong before but the reason he is wrong is because the person working at the vendor is wrong.

Gibbos main problem is trusting those who work for these manufacturers as it is there where this info comes from and if he has been lied to, which happens from time to time, you can't just blame him for repeating it. There has to be some level of trust however from time to time it is missguided.

As I've said, if Gibbo said there is 100 cards then that is the info he has been provided.

If other companies have stock then that's likely due to the customer not wanting to buy from there.

There have been times when I have purchased 2-4k of an SSD and another company has had sub 100. I sold out, they didn't.

It's about the noise generated that leads to the sale. Is it my fault my at time competitor was crap at their job?

It's not hard to be nasty and it's certainly no more difficult to be nice so why don't we try to be nice? Some may actually find it rewarding and who knows, perhaps enjoy it!

edzieba likes this.
  7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Nice to who?

Because if the "only 100 cards for the UK" thing is wrong then that is being nice, admittedly to AMD and TSMC rather than Gibbo, but that doesn't have anything to do with being nasty.

adidan likes this.
  8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Well, indeed. And that's why Gibbo posts what he does on the OCUK forums.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I agree it's just as easy to be nice but, to be fair, holding someone accountable for what they say is not 'nasty'.

Vault-Tec and MLyons like this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It worries me these days about what is sometimes defined as nasty. Nasty to me is threats of violence and etc. I've not seen any one being particularly nasty here.

adidan likes this.
Tags: Add Tags