1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Erm, how many times must they be told, its pretty hard for anyone to stockpile medical isotopes?

Or do the laws of physics stop at the point of Brexit?

3. RedFlames

EDIT:

Last edited: 11 Feb 2019
  4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Normalcy bias at work. "It would be crazy to have no deal, so surely they'll agree on something/surely the other side will cave in at the last moment..."

Last edited: 11 Feb 2019
  5. RedFlames

6. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

And enter Gavin 'Airfix' Williamson now chiming in his surreal Brexit piece, has Westminster turned into Walmington-on-Sea only except it's not funny.

7. Nexxo

"UK government accuses reality of intransigence for rigidly sticking to laws of physics"

Goatee likes this.
  8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So did Mrs May come back with anything? I know she spent the last two weeks or so in Brussels trying to renegotiate and she was updating parliament today but I've not heard much on what she's managed to achieve, was it basically nothing?

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

No, no, no she got an agreement to talk again...

Besides that I think she got a load of Belgian chocolate and beer to sell on ebay after we leave.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Basically she confirmed the stories about MPs having no real say in Brexit until end of Feb, then sometime in march there will be a final vote for MPs...

In the meantime she will continue her current charade of randomly picking between the following five:
    "nothings changed, honest"
    "Brussels has to and will surrender"
    "National interest"
    "But Corbyn"
    "leave is totally compatible with the GFA and CTA, there will be no border but we take control of the border and the backstop will be changed or removed, just don't ask me commit to either removing it or changing it"

While in reality she is just kicking the can down the road and refusing to acknowledge that the clock goes tick tock as she quickly runs out of said road.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2019
  11. Nexxo

12. Risky

Risky Modder

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

She did promise to kick the can herself:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47218687

So as far as Brexit is concerned they could go on holiday until the end of the month and it would make no difference.

14. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I guess I'll have to keep hoping that one day I'll turn on the TV or look on a forum and see Mrs May standing outside No.10 saying how she sent a letter to the EU saying the UK withdraws A50 and that she's stepping down, then.

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I feel like flying pigs, unicorns, and a sudden discovery that cures all ailments, repairs the ozone, reverses our impact on global warming, and everything else that's impossible is more likely that that.

17. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Wow, way to make someone feel good, that was my last hope and you viciously dashed it on the rocks, you heartless brute, you. ;)

I'm still going to hang onto it though as it's my last, best hope. Look i think i can even repair it...this bit goes hear and that goes there....yes, that's it...does anyone have any glue... :D

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Honestly, it's my ideal solution to this whole shitshow too - It means I don't have to apply for a visa in a month or two.

Tbfh, as I've mentioned, I'd suggest a political party forming with the express purpose of cancelling A50 and then calling another GE. The current parties don't have the balls to do so, and I don't see them ever having aforementioned scrotal fortitude.

19. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Create a new party on the pledge that they scrap A50 and call another GE. What would be the point of that, they wouldn't win so it'd be wasting yet more time and causing yet more uncertainty. They wouldn't even come close to winning. All the while we're descending into yet more uncertainty. We need to progress now not god knows how long down the line. I know Brexit is hurting the economy right now, but so is the uncertainty surrounding Brexit. We need to sort it out not drag it out.

This proposed party, how could they hope to win seats in constituencies like mine, where the leave vote was at over 68%, quite a bit more than the 52% overall result. Even if you don't like that fact, it is a fact. Also, your proposed party sounds like a 1 trick pony, I'd rather vote for the Greens than this party.

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Just look at the LibDems, they ran on a remain platform in the last GE and it couldn't even slow their descent into total irrelevance, much less reverse it.