1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL The Verge Bashing

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Crapman, 28 Sep 2018.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Kyle says Youtube reviewed it and the strike was removed and his parody reaction vid has been reinstated.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2019
    TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

"Couple of parts wrong" - that is simply not the case:
    • the guy said it doesn't matter which PCI-E slot you use. He used a microATX motherboard, in case of lower end board the second x16 slot is often only x4, which would limit the card horribly (~25% if i remember the numbers from techpowerup article correctly)
    • he put the memory modules in two closest memory slots to the CPU. If he bothered to check the bundled manual, he would have noticed that was not where he was supposed to put them. Some boards wouldn't even boot with memory in wrong slots.
    • he put the PSU wrong way around. That could have cooked and killed his PSU.
    • he used only 3 screws for the CPU heatsink. Could work, but also could cause overheating due incorrect contact with the IHS.
    • if my memory serves me right, he used the wrong length screws on the radiator, which might damage the radiator.
    Those are not minor issues, more so if it is presented on such website as Verge. I ignored minor issues like too much thermal paste (which was proven by various youtubers to not be as bad as too little paste), bad cabling etc.
    You can do these errors in your own build, but when the video goes through 10+ people and it is supposed to be a guide instead of "here i built a pc, how cool i am" home video, then it is a problem.

The fact that they are playing the victim card makes it even worse. Well, i wish to congratulate The Verge for being the first entry on my media blacklist.

Arboreal and MLyons like this.
  4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I wish I could blacklist all of them tbh. Gets on my tits. Even though I don't sub I get more notifications about that crap than anything else.

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Youtube be like
    [​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

The part i find most odd is how they open the note by saying the issue could've been resolved if the parties involved had simply reached out. o_O

Has it not occured to them that they could've resolved the issues if they had simply reached out to the people who published the videos, they could've contacted the owners of the videos anytime in the last 3-4 months but they chose not to.

7. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Just watched a reupload of the Verge video... it was painful viewing.