1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement New website

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 27 Feb 2019.

1. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Also noticed that the mobile template for the navbar needs changed too - The text on the dropdown menu is white on light grey for "Tech" and "Gaming", making it hard to read.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Are both those images from Firefox, or is the second from Opera? I ask, 'cos zooming in reveals the following:

upload_2019-2-28_14-53-54.png

That's a cut of the first image: you can see the 'hue' is overly-aggressive subpixel hinting.

upload_2019-2-28_14-54-26.png

That's the same cut from the second image: same subpixel hinting, but it's greyscale.

Check Windows' (I'm assuming you're on Windows) hinting settings - maybe try forcing greyscale subpixel hinting, if it's better on your display than RGB. Windows calls it "ClearType".

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

IIRC the tuner is buried in W10... but typing 'Cleartype' into the Search/Cortana box brings it up.

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Yea both of those are FF, Opera is not greyscale like image #2, it was coloured but vastly more subtle and the text was finer.

Turning off Cleartype seems to have stopped it, cheers! Subpixel hinting thingy mabobs is beyond me, I just see pretty lights and shiny colours :grin:

I realised why the 'ild' section was noticeable too, it'd chosen bright orange and blue for the right hand side of the u, the i, the l and some of the d, with little variation. I wonder why ClearType was so much more aggressive on FF than on Opera. Maybe it wasn't being used on Opera? :oldconfused:

Glad it wasn't anything to do with the site, cheers for the help Gareth

Yea I've given up trying to find **** in W10, I just type it in and cross my fingers tbh these days :hehe:

5. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Ohh surprised me! I don't frequent the forums much so didn't know the redesign was coming. Honestly... I feel it was overdue. Looks good to me. It is still readable so thats a plus!

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The forums only had 30 mins of notice if that. It's much easier to read IMO and less cramped.

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

While we agree they're currently too light your version is slightly too dark so we've gone with something in the middle

VipersGratitude likes this.