1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Oh my god would you look at that backplate :jawdrop:
    [​IMG]

Still not started the actual upgrade though, keep getting distracted. Gotta get it drained and start the cleaning tomorrow as will need a thorough rinsing switching to clear coolant.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2019
    Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

All day breakfast. Wasn't sure about dinner tonight as I am moving more bikes. Decided to pop down the cafe. Am stuffed now :D

The_Crapman likes this.
  3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Got down past 14st

Now sitting at 13st 12lbs which is a total 1st 5lb loss since the start of the year.

Feel a lot slimmer but a long way to go before I obliterate the spare tyre. the tyre is certainly smaller and there's less of them but more work to be done. This has been done by just counting calories and being kind to myself, I want a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I still drink, I occasionally partake in a snack here and there and the odd takeaway. Its just in moderation

IanW, liratheal, The_Crapman and 3 others like this.
  4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Good effort!

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

rain drumming against the window, a hot mug of brew, some classic tunes an evening modelling. ****ing bliss

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec, legoman and ElThomsono like this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Builders quote for the house work is reasonable and my mate is coming back to the UK from Aus for a visit.

A good morning.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The monitor I'm buying from the forums seems to have a bit of a dim screen but it appears for £70 I can replace the dim 6bit screen for a full 8bit bright variant that is also 120hz. result.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Wonky Anker RSI mouse has solved my hand numbness issues, stopped wearing a splint at night on Monday an no issues since. Huzzah!

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Girlfriend bought this for me on our trip to Madrid. Well chuffed.

[​IMG]

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Had a letter drop through my door this morning, totally out of the blue.

"Dear Mr C,

You are due a refund from your Repayment Option Plan. We agree with the FCA's assessment that when you took out this plan, the charges and interest were not properly explained.

...waffle waffle waffle...

Therefore you are due a refund of £1515.42 and we have enclosed a cheque for this amount".

Sure enough a hand-written cheque for that amount was enclosed. I don't even remember having any kind of PPI on the credit card in question - in fact I usually opt-out of all that kind of stuff, hence why I haven't really bothered with any PPI refund stuff - and the card was paid off years ago... Re-chuffing-sult.

Sadly instead of splurging on tech or motorbike kit I'll probably be sensible and use it to pay off some debts and cut down my monthly outgoings. But it's always nice to wake up to a grand-and-a-half cheque you weren't expecting. I definitely need to go off and check whether I'm due any other PPI refunds...

11. perplekks45

Having lunch in the Iberia business lounge at Madrid airport. Food's okay but it's free and the wine is good.

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  12. adidan

Emirates business lounge is the dogs proverbials.

13. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

You need to get on with it, the closing deadline is, I believe, this August. If you use a PPI claims firm, watch the fees. I used one that charged 10% + VAT, many charge 25% + Vat or more. https://www.reclaimppi.co.uk/

Byron C likes this.
  14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Pah I've had worse days.....

Good for you mate, well chuffed for you. Think of all the tyres you can buy with that :D

15. perplekks45

Given we paid 370 Euros together for a return Frankfurt - Madrid in premium business, I'm more than happy with it. Same thing with Lufthansa economy would've been 500-ish for the two of us.

If I can find cheap business tickets for Emirates, Etihad or Turkish airlines I'll be all over those. Who cares where you fly to in the end, right?

adidan likes this.
  16. adidan

Ha, yeah I very true.

Reading my post I now read it like "oh Emirates are the best" - truth is I haven't been in that many and all of them were great.

I'm sure Big Budget Airlines would also have a business lounge I be more than happy to be in than is socially acceptable - cue me giggling at the sight of free tea and comfy chairs.

17. perplekks45

Well, I wouldn't want a Ryanair lounge, tbh. ;)

The Air Canada Maple Lead Lounge in Frankfurt is very nice, though. Can really recommend it. And the wine selection in Iberia's Velasquez Lounge in Madrid is impressive.

18. adidan

:)

Do Ryanair do business? I thought economy was their premium brand.

Business on EU flights hasn't really appealed to me TBH. Nowhere is that far and sitting infront of a curtain never seems to be worth the extra money :)

That said, I didn't say no to the free upgrade that time.

As for the booze, I rarely drink and never on flights. Now if a business lounge offers a posh shower when changing flights on a long haul then that has me sold.

19. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

They're not all great. The BA lounge (granted, the one BA lets you use, as opposed to BA's own) in... I want to say Copenhagen? Spent 2 minutes in there... the main airport is a nicer place to be. One of the lounges in Boston is much the same.

Frankly the BA Club lounges at Heathrow T5 are pretty shoddy these days as well.

20. perplekks45

I completely agree, but this was a long-haul plane (going from Frankfurt to Madrid to Santiago de Chile), so it was REAL business class. Should've mentioned that. ;)

adidan likes this.