1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 120 Thread Size Pitch of Screws

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N17 dizzi, 25 Feb 2019.

1. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Can anyone assist me with the exact thread pitch and size of the Arctic Liquid Freezer 120 mounting screws.

They are different to a standard M (i.e. m4) size, maybe proprietary? I need to get some longer screws to attach a filter and reverse their polarity in my case, but the standard screws wont do it.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I have only seen M4 on Bitspower. The rest are either M3, or 6-32 UNC.

N17 dizzi likes this.
  3. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Yeah definitely not M3. 6-32 UNC pitch looks different, that might be the right size. I'll do a comparison when I get home. I just basically need their diameter and pitch so I can order something longer.

4. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Getting custom sized 6-32 UNC screws in the UK was like searching for hens' teeth.

Quick shout to say kustompcs.co.uk keep a stock of 35mm and 40mm. If you have an EK or XSPC radiator, or an Arctic AIO radiator for example, and you want to add filters or other extras, this is your choice!

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yup. I had nightmares finding mine. I wanted silver hex bolts, long enough to go through a case and a fan before meeting the rad. They weren't cheap either !

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

On My Tj08-e the screw had to go through a fangard ( i reach behind it alot and on more than one occasion caught my finger in a fan ) the Fan, then a pair of washers to allow the side panel to sit flush then the case, then the Radiator

i ended up getting some longer screws and simply dremelling the ends of to get a good fit

All that work to save a few MM inside the case as now the rear fan sits on the outside

N17 dizzi likes this.
  7. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

The same with the dremel! This is precisely what I do/have done in my case.