1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yes, and there's no shame in that.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Orange tubing?

What size are your fittings dude?

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yeh I had thought of that, but couldn't find any 13/10. Plenty of 16/10, but don't want to spend a fortune on new fittings. lol

4. Vault-Tec

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. The_Crapman

Cheers for looking dude. I looked everywhere, even fleabay, but no joy. That uv stuff is a bit :eeek: and not quite the Orange I had I mind. Lol

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

KFC as it's a Friday
    [​IMG]

The_Crapman, Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Seen a Red Kite. Again. Awesome birds.

Edit: Seen another one from the living room of the house we just bought (come over to do a bit of graft before the builder comes in).

Sat in the frickin living room...

Last edited: 15 Mar 2019
    The_Crapman likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Did you see the silver? it's kinda sassy. I like the white too.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've been brassic for a while now, after a heftier-than-usual tax bill (which'll reduce my next payment on account following April's filing, at least), home repairs, car tax and insurance, home insurance, and a bunch of other annual bills.

ALCS, which gives authors and other writers cash for things like photocopying and republication, just published the March statements: I'm getting a whack of cash which is more than I currently have in my bank account. Couldn't have come at a better time!

David, Arboreal, Bazz and 4 others like this.
  10. Vault-Tec

I had a small but very handy financial result last week.

With my trust property I don't have to handle the rent money at all. I am thrilled about this, as it means not having to work out every separate month to see what days the rent is paid (and how much I would have to add to it 9 months of the year) and I can just worry about my bills instead. Any way, I gave notice etc and have my move date. Well I got paid a bi-weekly rent payment from the govt. Immediately I contacted them, but they told me it's paid in arrears (2 weeks) so it's mine to keep. Hurrah. And, for once I did not rush out and spend it. Instead I replenished my £400 buffer that I had spent all of (due to not needing it given I consider myself sofa surfing ATM). I'd already saved £200 back into the buffer, so this topped it back off nicely.

adidan and IanW like this.
  11. The_Crapman

Dam I want KFC real bad now. Got some southern fried chicken steaks for tea, but not the same. I'd eat a bucket of skin if they sold it. Ha h
    The silver could either look great or like a cheap plastic toy gun grey. Lol

God this block I'd good. I whacked a quick OC on the card, bit of extra vcore, getting 1428mhz core boost, not mega fast, but only getting max core temp 46C. :brrr:

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I live a kilometre away from a KFC, sometimes that occurs to me and within ten minutes I'm tucking into a burrito. Somehow the Wilko across the road doesn't have the same power.

Vault-Tec and The_Crapman like this.
  13. Vault-Tec

It should be illegal that we don't have Taco Bell or Don Pablos here and all over!

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

There's a taco bell in Newcastle... I know we inflicted Greggs on the world but did we really need to be punished with Taco Bell?

15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

There's one in Poole (the high street is so dead McDonald's and Burger King have pulled out) and the food was acceptable but the portions too small for the prices.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There's one in the food court in Bradford's Broadway shopping centre. I wasn't impressed, to be honest.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If you were hoping to be impressed by taco bell, I'm not sure you understand the concept of taco bell..

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Sat down and looked at our budget yesterday; worked out that we can not only put more money away each month and give ourselves more disposable income, but we could be debt free in just over 2.5 years. This is without accounting for student loans ending and possible pay rises. Plus, thanks to last week's unexpected PPI refund, we can maintain a significant emergency fund.

That's a damn good feeling, we have a lot of debt...

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I keep getting more debt to avoid having the German state taking away my money for my mum's treatment. I mean, what exactly do we have a bloody health insurance system over here? So, to avoid having to live off 1800 Euros per month (after taxes) and giving everything above that to my lovely government I just buy expensive stuff and put more money away in funds and such. Feelsbadman for somebody like me who lives for right now and not the future.

On a positive note, this allows me to buy more expensive stuff soon. AMD Ryzen 3xxx, here I come!

adidan likes this.
  20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm at a wedding and I don't know how many beers I've had.