1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Division 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 6 Feb 2019.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I played it yesterday for a few hours go to level 7.

Only played the stuff that was available within the version's I have played before and 1 other side mission.

It does feel different to the beta, but then the beta ran quite well for me most of the time.

I will get a few more hours tonight and over the next few days, don't know how much time I will have at the weekend, but I have all next week of work so will be putting in the most effort during that time probably.

The video from Marco regarding leveling up is a good one, but I still think that the same could be done in Division 2 as was able in Division 1 but won't know for sure until I hit level 30 and get some gear and then see if world tiers are still a thing.

The_Crapman likes this.
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Rig now cleaned and completely in peices. Hopefully tonight I can get everything back in and filled. I don't "HAVE" to make the riser bracket, as do have a support arm already, so might forget that for now and don't later.

I'm disappointed they haven't addressed the menu navigation as it really is awful and EVERYONE has complained about it. Good to here it's running well though.

I probably won't follow Marco's advice on leveling up, as it will detract from the story. Also being as analy retentive as I am, I like to complete everything or as much as possible in one area before moving onto the next.

World tiers are back and in order to progress to the next one, you have to (allegedly) complete 2 specific missions and another missiony type thing and satisfy a minimum gear score.

Last edited: 13 Mar 2019
  3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well that kills the idea possibly I had for leveling quickly on alt characters, as I was hoping to do the old jump in with someone on World Tier 5 on a new toon and level it up in a couple of hours.

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Really want to be playing this tonight but I have yet to received my code from AMD.... Then I need to install it...

Might get it at some point over the weekend..

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've bought and pre loaded it. I can play it today, but am waiting on my pal. I was kinda on the fence, but with New Dawn finished we have nothing to play really. What I won't do is buy it three months in so that he's at a level that makes it purely spectating for me. Kinda how I did with Division 1.

6. The_Crapman

Only took me an hour to download it.

Been waiting for my brother all as was supposed to be playing with him, but he forgot he was helping my mum take the dog to the vets. Finally get him on and they're closing the servers for maintenance. Should have known better, he's such a muppet.

7. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Finally got my AMD code and also bought a code off of cdkeys for my wife.

Should be gaming by this evening as it downloading at a sufficient rate (capping our connection if your factor in both systems downloading at the same time).

Vault-Tec likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

My buddy managed to score a rare Saturday off, so we're starting today too :)

xaser04 and The_Crapman like this.
  9. The_Crapman

IMPORTANT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

There is a 'game killing bug'. As you level up you make your way south down the map. At some point you'll come across a very large red brick building which MIGHT pop up on your map as a settlement called 'the castle' and MIGHT show on the map that you should go in there and talk to agent Kelso. DON'T DO IT! It should be completely locked until you're level 11 at least, but ideally you need to complete the last main mission given to you by the rooftop settlement, in the air and space museum. Once you've completed the mission in the air and space museum, you'll be instructed by the guy on the radio to visit agent Kelso in the castle and she then gives you a new mission. If you somehow get in the castle early, you can end up not being able to talk to her at all and not get that mission. You won't then be allowed to go forward into the end game stuff once you reach level 30.

Hex, Vault-Tec and xaser04 like this.
  10. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

NIce! Switched our networking upstairs from Wifi to Gigabit homeplugs (went for the TP link 8033P AV1300 models as they seemed to review well). For whatever reason the wifi on my wife's machine was running at a quarter of the speed of mine - using Speedtest with nothing downloading on my machine.

Switched to the homeplugs and now we both max the connection and have increased transfers to the NAS 4/5 fold. :D:D

Cheers for this. Will make sure to watch out for it when playing through.

11. The_Crapman

I so almost got stuck in it as I'd 'activated' the bug and had a message to go to the castle, couldn't walk in but transported in. Luckily I could talk to Kelso and when level 11 I could walk in and talk to her multiple times. Even luckier I was on my way to the museum mission but kept getting sidetracked, so was level 11 by the time I did it and could then go the castle, talk to kelso and 'unbug' myself.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well here I have played for about 21 hours now overall and so far I am liking it allot.

I am loving it, reached lvl 30 now so the long grind to get to World Tier 4 to start prepping for World Tier 5.

The strongholds are fun, the story missions are fun, and the side missions compared to The Division 1 is just stupidly funny how much better they are.

I am loving the whole random event spawns on the map, but the control point's I find boring they always want something.

The Dark Zone being split in to 3 is a bit boring and up to now I have spent 1 hour in the dark zone but I have not seen another player in there.

Well this week is going to be fun as I start the real grind.

13. The_Crapman

I've played for 20 hours but I'm only on level 12! Ha ha. I was intending on ploughing through it quickly, but I'm so easily distracted and like wandering around aimlessly. And I spend an age looking through gear an tweaking my setup, which I know is fairly pointless at this stage, but I found out little tricks and such. Like how rifles get a higher basic headshot damage bonus than marksman rifles, so if you want to use a SVD marksman without the scope on you're better off with a mk17. Maybe the damage difference is much greater at higher levels so it's not the case later, but the mk17 is much better handling.

Did you know you can revisit the control points every 24hours to loot the gear stores again? And gear boxes in the open world do as well, but not sure on refresh rate, but there's almost always gear boxes right next to food, water and tech stashes. There's a perk where after donating stuff to a control point highlights stashes and lootables near you, so I ran round for an hour topping everyone up, restocking on goods, picking up gear, doing the odd open world event. You also come across some of the big tanky bastards just roaming around and the odd named who drop good gear and mods. I picked up so much stuff I filled my backpack more than twice and got a load of XP from the donations.

I suspect, but have no evidence, that if you keep the control points well fed you'll get better gear. The control points loot refreshing every 24hours is a good engagement hook to get people logging in daily as it's better rewards than the old daily missions, get their stats looking good on daily/concurrent player base, but could drag the average play time down if you only log in and pick up the loot. Get better loot for keeping them healthy and you'll play longer, get sidetracked by a loot drop mission etc. Average playtime boosted. But that's just game theory and player engagement mechanics (their cosmetic chest opening sequence is straight out of the candy crush book of dopamine hits) and if they don't already do it they seriously should.

14. Vault-Tec

We ended up playing for around 8 hours and we're level 10. Bloody great fun.

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Good god this game is pretty, the art team need a damn raise for the work they've put into the city, especially the weather effects.

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec and The_Crapman like this.
  16. Vault-Tec

D'you know what, I completely agree. The detail to small items like the gold anodised bins and bottles of cleaning stuffs is just second to none. The lighting too is utterly fantastic. I love the way you are almost blinded when you walk into a dark room, but then the visibility increases once you "get used" to it. That's very clever. It's not often any more that a game makes me stop and go "wow" but this definitely has the wow factor for me. I would stick my neck out and say that it's even prettier in places than Metro Exodus.

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. The_Crapman

Ralph came for the graphics, he stayed for the watercooling.
    [​IMG]

damien c likes this.
  18. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I'm about 60hrs into it now. Got to level 30 but promised my friends i would not complete the main missions without them being on. It drives them mad when I know exactly where and when to go as it takes out the fun for them (I only need one run through to remember it fully). They also don't like doing them on their own as they tend struggle.

We've just got the strongholds and dark zones one left to complete. I don't mind not being able to progress, it's given me loads of time gear up, explore the world and take in it's beauty. I'm also learning my way around map so i know where to find all of the hidden items as I wander. As mentioned above, the detail is amazing and the lighting is great.

I really appreciate that I can't just face tank everything now. Even though I'm geared up as much as i can be before i hit the world tiers, I will still get my arse handed to me if i don't take care and watch what's around me. Sometimes I got frustrated when I was trying to take a control point only for half a dozen randomer patrollers to spawn behind me and join in the attack on me leaving me with nowhere to go.

I was so worried that they would try and go all out with the new game and ruin what I so loved from the first game. To me (apart from the menu's) it's even better - I am missing blowing up the cleaners though ;)

19. The_Crapman

Yeh I miss that too, but the grenade people blow up in fairly spectacular fashion, just slightly harder to hit their little grenade bag. I usually find them and blow them up first to kick off an engagement.

I've had to play solo for the most part so far amd I've found that it's got significantly harder since reaching level 18/19. I've been running with either an M1a or mk17 rifle for a while. I often have a m60 or m249 as backup, but found I rarely used them so then ran with 2 rifles. Started when picked up some Overlord gear which has 10%rifle damage, then 7.5% total armour, then 7% elite damage as the bonuses. Now just running 2, with 2 araldi gear for 10%accuracy and 10%headshot damage, and 2 badger tuff for 7%elite damage and 15% armour on kill. I'd been annihilating everything, but since getting to this level and moving over to round the 2nd settlement, it's been tough going. I got absolutely batterd trying to do a couple of bounties last night. My aim is a bit off as not been gaming for quite some time before this, so I think I need to get an automatic weapon back in the mix and rethink my setup.

20. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I love the mk17 too, it was my No.1 gun for most of the rank up. I'm currently using a SIG 716 CQB and love it. I found that using an LMG as the 2nd gun works well. It deals a lot of power against the big armored bosses and takes them down quickly. I swap this with a SRS A1 marksman rifle when I need to pick people off at a distance then switch back to the LMG when getting closer in.