1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2019 thread - Season Over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 25 Nov 2018.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Tell that to LeClerc.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I was referring to Merc.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ferrari probably have team orders for who goes to the toilet first

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Shame max stuffed it into turn 1 and dropped back from wahmilton. Would have been good to see them fighting.

Why they only interviewing the race winner now? Or is that just the shitty highlights channel 4 have ended up with?
    I ****ING HATE STEVE JONES. An extra £30 a month for sky sports would be worth not having to put up with that smug ****. And where has Karun gone? Was one of the only people on their team I like. I mean, he's obviously no Ted (swoon), but he was alright.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2019
  5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

To Sky. He's more or less replaced Mr Kravitz from what I've seen.

6. The_Crapman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    :waah::waah::waah::waah::waah::waah::waah::waah::waah:

adidan likes this.
  7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I was surprised that Ferrari did bring le clerc In for a shot at fastest lap, I wonder if there was genuine concern about the vehicle considering Vettels drop off so juts wanted to get them home?

8. RedFlames

I see the Ferrari rabids are already trying to get Wotsit McNewguy fired because not only did they not win... they finished behind a honda.

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Based on this weekend's performance there is one Honda that has had theentire budget spent on it whilst the other three guys have been given power units from that racing lawn mower they used to make. I feel really, really bad for Gasly.

Really they should be after Vettel's head.
    Vettel to team : Why are we so slow?
    Leclerc to himself: 'We're,' not.

10. RedFlames

I thought that's what Ricciardo was driving...

I'm 100% not surprised McLol had the first engine failure of the year...

Plus, if the fastest lap BP means to top teams keep pushing at the end of the race because they all want that BP, as seemed to be the case today... it might have merit.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Apparently, they decided not to renew his contract back in February, then pulled a u-turn and came up with a compromise - the Notebook segments have been scrapped and there's talk of him taking over some of the grid walks, but he won't be at every race...

12. RedFlames

I know there was a lot of #wherested, after he was absent from the Sky promo materials only for Sky to hastily go 'he's still here, honest!' [but then wouldn't actually say what his role was given Chandhok had been confirmed as doing most of what Ted did reporter at that point]. Shame as Kravitz was one of the redeeming features of the Sky coverage.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Well that was mostly a dull race

Because I had a semi moan about the posting of Moto GP results in here.
    There's no need to spoiler F1 results (imo), if someone is stupid enough to come into an F1 thread before they've watched the F1 race / highlights and discover the F1 results, well tough titties, b ut posting the results of other sports is just not cricket old boy.

Not that Sky might be stuggling for numbers and trying to up their viewing figures / promote the barren waste ground that is SKy F1, but they did show the whole race on Sky 1.

14. The_Crapman

I did see that, but I also thought well if you don't want to know the results this is not the place for you. I didn't go on any website or media platform where I could possibly see the result till I'd watched the race. Almost autopiloted on to Facebook a couple of times but quickly backed out.

Oh ffs! I had a bloody series link for F1 on 4, sky 1 and sky sports mix (which gets 1 maybe 2 races if you're lucky). Where the f did they go! Seriously disappointed. Channel 4s commentary team (bar webber and the leprechaun) are total personality vacuums and suck the life out the race.

15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

F1 commentary has not been the same since the days of Murray Walker's hyperenthusiasm (backed-up by considerable knowledge and research), moderated by Hunt the Shunt.

16. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Doesn't that include Ben Edwards? I always thought he was actually pretty decent and highly knowledgeable.

Eddie "Flippin" Jordan, IMO is a silly old fool. Should have left the grid a long time ago but I guess Bernie gave him a gold plated paddock pass for life so not much chance of that happening.

F1 coverage on Sky F1 is top drawer, best commentary team hands down. Brundle has so much experience and is respected up and down the grid, he learned from Murray after all!
    Crofty can be a little annoying sometimes, and I can't for the life of me understand why they put Karun in the pit lane instead of Ted.

Decent enough race, enough going on up and down the grid to keep me watching.

17. fix-the-spade

A silly old fool who's somehow got £360million kicking around, I reckon he does the GP events because he has fun going to all the parties and spending time with the people he used to work with, he'd probably turn up to most race weekends without anyone asking him to.

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Exactly. They're using Eddie Jordan because of who he knows (and will talk to him), not how good he is.

19. fix-the-spade

20. The_Crapman

Slightly disappointing day for Ricciardo, over a second slower than hulk. I know it's going to take a little while to settle in, but that's gotta hurt.

wolfticket likes this.