1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I have to say, considering the whole mess i'm very pleased to see how relatively civil it's all been, in general, on both sides.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

speak for yourself, I've been called everything under the ****ing sun for having the audacity to vote leave.

3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

By who?

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, well, I've been called all sorts of things by your tabloid press, and a bargaining card, a citizen of nowhere and a queue jumper by your government. And I didn't even get to vote.

So cry me a river, mate. You haven't spent the last two years worrying whether you can stay in your job, your home, the country that you loved, lived in and contributed to for the last 26 years. To be treated like an outsider whose presence is merely tolerated as long as he is a useful commodity. You didn't give that a single thought. You're just pissed off because "you've been called names". Boohoo.

Last edited: 30 Mar 2019
    edzieba and Byron C like this.
  5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Congratulations mate you earned it :)

David likes this.
  6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Serious question with what's come out since 2016 about the (secret, illegal) money Leave took from the Russians, the (secret, illegal) campaign of surveillance and targeted fake news carried out by Leave and the (secret, illegal) combined strategy to dodge the campaign budget cap, can the decision be viewed as democratic?

With the end margin being so narrow, it takes some serious head in sand-ing to view that referrendum as anything but tainted now. But then there's apparently a fleet of JCBs and dumper trucks kicking around the country providing sand to anyone who wants it.

7. Nexxo

It's all about optics. The average voter doesn't understand that the democratic process of the referendum was heavily compromised. They barely even remember the flurry of conflicting and contradictory promises that were made, and that they're not at all getting the Brexit they think that they voted for.

All they know is that the majority result was Leave. And their limited understanding is that it now has to happen, because "democracy"; because to do anything else means that they are being "ignored", and nothing pisses voters off like the feeling that they're being "ignored" by politicians (although that happens all the time, but not in such an obvious way).

8. adidan

Sticks and stones.

Imagine what my partner, who has lived and worked here for two decades, has had to listen to on top of residence concerns, job concerns and so on.

edzieba and Byron C like this.
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

If we're keeping things tribal, how about being called anti-democratic, or a traitor to your country, or an insult to the memory of people who died in combat, or a cheap Francophile whore*? 'Cos that's what I've had (and more) for voting remain and thinking it's a bad idea to leave the EU. How about the people getting death threats - actual credible death threats - for voting the way they did or not voting for the WA when people think they should? What about the MP who was actually shot and killed because she was a passionate supporter of the EU?

Personal abuse doesn't excuse people effectively calling for politicians to be hanged.

*To be fair, "cheap Francophile whore" is a step above the average leave vs. remain insults that get thrown around, so I have a modicum of appreciation for that one.

edzieba, Corky42, adidan and 2 others like this.
  10. adidan

Petition hits 6 million.

Leave campaign drop their appeal. Leave campaign broke electoral law. We observe other countries elections and pass judgement, if we don't address this beyond a fine we will have no right judging others and their elections in the future.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Just curious, which one of the eight rejected options did you believe you where voting for?
    And what process do you propose to get it past parliament?

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

...and what tangible benefit will that option have on the UK, that isn't already massively out-weighed by the cost of leaving?

13. adidan

At this rate it will be rock, paper, scissors.

14. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Does that now mean all the main leave campaigns have been found to have broken the law? I only ask as when politicians trot out that not honoring the result would be an affront to democracy, that it would destroy what little trust there is in politicians, i think exactly the opposite, that to go ahead with such a decision when there's such clear evidence of wrong-doing would be an affront.

And worse of all the media are refusing to hold our politicians to account, IDK if anyone watched AM this morning but he completely failed to rebut what were outright falsehoods, particularly the claim that remain spent tax payers money on the leaflet informing people of the referendum and overspent to the same degree.

15. Nexxo

You didn't think he actually thought about anything like that, do you?

But other Eurosceptic parties in the EU are having second thoughts.

Last edited: 31 Mar 2019
  16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

17. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Brexit, now that's what you call taking one for the team. ;)

adidan likes this.
  18. adidan

The things we do to save Europe.

19. Nexxo

Rees-Mogg arguing against Brexit in 2012:

20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Please tell me that didn't surprise you. Hypocrisy and lies are the stock in trade of a brexiteer.

adidan likes this.