1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Jeez dude, I hope the insurance company comes through.

Surely the plumber should have insurance?

Puts our house renovations into perspective, not that that helps you.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Not life-ruining, just a minor rant...

How to make me completely ignore whatever it is you're recruiting for: reply to a message and call me Brian. A message thread on social media where you can clearly see my name spelled out on screen.

Yeah, no.

[​IMG]

IanW, perplekks45 and The_Crapman like this.
  3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Calm down Baron. :p

...I get it all the time too.

4. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Brion not happy ?

Got to agree though, being called Brian wouldn't make me amenable either. There are worse things I've been called from time to time though.

5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I feel ya Bryony, I get it a lot; usually Thomson with a P but occasionally Thomas? They even ****** up Laura's driving licence despite having the marriage certificate.

I used to live with a Nigerian guy and they always spelled his name perfectly, it was so intimidating people would copy it out letter by letter, mine they'd just glance at and mess up :hehe:

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It's bad enough when they get one part wrong... I've had multiple instances of people getting both my name and my surname wrong...

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The best ones are the ones who get it wrong, then insist that no, you are the one who does not know how to spell your own name.

IanW and RedFlames like this.
  8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I'm used to people mispronouncing my surname but, it pisses me off a lot if after I have put them right, they still say it the same way. Are they rude, or just plain stupid?

perplekks45 likes this.
  9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just had to wave my eldest off in the back of an ambulance. She started to complain about being unable to breathe, and while it could have just been a prolonged panic attack it's not a symptom with which you ****.

MLyons likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

My sympathies Gareth. My panic attacks started at 15 and I wouldn't wish them on any one. I too got taken off in an ambulance a few times. It's an awful thing to deal with.

11. adidan

Hope it all works out G, let us know how it all pans out.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Apparently she's currently sleeping on a bench in the paediatric A&E waiting area, breathing normally - but still with a crazy-high fever. She might need some stronger antibiotics - we'll have to see what the sawbones says.

13. adidan

Good to hear she's breathing ok and having a rest up.

Sounds like that fever needs knocking on the head. Bloody bodies, constantly trying to cause problems.

14. Vault-Tec

My birth name is Andrew. Man, you should have seen how peed off my mother would get if people called me Andy lol.

Gaz - good news.

15. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Thinking of you, GH. I was ill with a chest infection or tonsillitis every few weeks in my early years.
    Had my tonsils out aged 5 and happier for it, you seem to have to have it 30 times these days for them to consider removal, as they are allegedly the first line of defence.
    It was fine, but I was upset that I didn't get a bowl of ice cream as my first meal like they did in the Richard Scarry book...cornflakes were PAINFUL!
    I remember my daughter going off in an ambulance at 3am ages 18 months with breathing problems, very worrying. She also has an asthma attack while we were away 10 years ago, and she was with my parents. Neighbour who's a GP was brilliant and got her straight in.
    Normally being abroad we'd have been fairly oblivious. In Morocco the mobile phone coverage goes way out into the Sahara where we were. they bypassed rolling out copper in the rural areas and went to microwave towers on the mountain ranges and mobile masts.

16. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

His birth name is Gareth. Man, you should have seen how peed off his mother would get if people called him Gaz lol

17. Vault-Tec

Haha you got me :D

18. Gareth Halfacree

Doctor thinks it might be viral, rather than bacterial, but I'm not convinced 'cos A) she had white pustules on her tonsil, which is a sign of bacterial tonsillitis, but they'd gone after a day and a half of antibiotics (and I've sent a picture across for my wife to show him as evidence) and 2) he says that a very high fever is indicative of viral, but everything I've found says bacterial results in a higher fever and viral rarely goes above 38°C. I mean, I hate to question eight years of medical training, but... yeah, I'm not wholly convinced by his diagnosis. Hope he's taken a swab.
    I had mine out aged twenty-something - which my doctor was not happy about. I had to eat a dry corned beef sandwich on brown bread before they'd let me leave.
    Funnily enough, people used to call me Gaz at school. Haven't been called it in years, now - though the last place I worked before deciding to adopt a nomadic freelance lifestyle decided to call me Bob 'cos the MD was called Gareth, without realising that my middle name is Robert and my dad was always called Bob.

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Being called Andy and it being seemingly the most common name when I was growing up, I always got called by my surname (or Drew, or crappy). So much so that I'd rarely respond to Andy. It's probably only the last 5 years I've transitioned back to being an Andy. Or just And.

20. adidan

When I had my appendix out I had to take a dump in a pan and show it to a nurse.

Well she said she was a nurse.