1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

Open House (2010) - 4/10
    Some Suspense for the sake of Suspense, but not really worth your time

2. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

The Highwaymen (2019) - 9/10
    One of the best films I have seen in a couple of years, also Costner and Harrelson make a good team in this.

3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Captain Marvel 7/10

Better than expected, and some nice backstory elements concerning other characters. Of course you could sit and pick holes in it all day long, but it's just another Marvel flick and it does a nice job of setting the scene for Endgame. If you're into Marvel stuff I'd recommend seeing it.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The Highwaymen [Netflix] - Hoover, you high-flying sissy!/10

Looked interesting in the promo so thought I'd give it a punt. Slow burner but enjoyable.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Glass Drake/10

Good film bit slow and didn't expect the ending, its confusing it hints at a possible sequel but the way the story went it doesn't seem to work.

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Did you watch the 2 films before it? Glass won't make much sense without them. (Unbreakable and Split for those that don't know)

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Yes, was more going on the mid/end

8. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Spectral - 8/10

Finally got around to watching this Netflix Original, and it (as long as you ignore the "science") its a good action/sci-fi romp. Absolute blast.

LennyRhys likes this.
  9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Shazam! - 9/10

That was one of my favourite DC films for quite some time.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2019
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Same.
    Although the mid-credits scene tees up a sequel (Sivana & Mr Mind teamup), there's no need to bother with the after-credits scene.The studio idiot already used it in the trailer! (It's the fish-telepathy test scene)

liratheal likes this.
  11. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Justice League: Fatal Five 6/10 ok Dc animated movie they missed the chance to make it so much more epic. kinda plays out like a long Ben 10 ep.

Mary Poppin Returns 7/10 no idea why i agreed to watch it, my sisters been raving about it and the mrs wanted to watch it. considering the differance in years between the orignal they did a decent job

Mortal Engines 5/10 stunning specials effects cant save this. even the kids thought the moving city was a bit of a joke and was kinda better done in anime like howls moving castle

12. liratheal

I liked mortal engines enough to read the books - and now I'm scared to re watch it.

Yaka likes this.
  13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) 8/10 began watching this the other night and despite it deviating from the manga (with the authors blessing as manga wasn't complete) its still a stonking good series after all these years, i am due to watch brotherhood after this which sadly wont have as much of Lt. Hughes in.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I don't think I ever finished watching the original series properly. I watched Brotherhood and absolutely loved it, been meaning to go back to the original.

15. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Brotherhood gits me right in the feels no matter how often I watch it. Ugh, SO GOOD.

16. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

its different but due to the circumstances it had to be at the time or go on a hiatus but i doubt anyone could say they did a bad job of it ending is alot darker than the manga which i finished read a while back, so moving on to brotherhood today tho i already know what to expect as its pretty close to the source

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Hellboy 2019
    Out with the humour in with the swearing n violence, what's not to like / 10

18. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

i wana go and watch that but ron perlman was the perfect hellboy

19. liratheal

Hellboy 4/10

What the hell was that.

It felt like someone decided to make it "adult" by putting the f-bomb every ten minutes or less, some of the accents were laughable, Jovovich was as convincing as she was in the last four Resi films, and the cgi guys need to answer some questions.

Violence and gore are fine, but a slightly less ****ily acted villain would be awesome.

I'm hoping a lot was left on the cutting room floor, and another cut makes it to home release..

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

SHAZAM! Superman/10

The best DC film in years and years, but my goodness is the tone all over the place. I feel like it was the scene of a running battle between team Aquaman and team Batman vs Superman, it flips between light hearted romp and trying to outdo the most disturbing bits of Indiana Jones at a moments notice, definitely not what I expected from the trailers. Also swearing, there is a surprising amount of swearing.

But it's really quite good.