1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

It was the same for me, money first direct from bank, then a letter telling me it's coming...

goldstar0011 likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

50 odd miles away fella, so would cost me nearly that in train fare. Plus they wouldn't deliver here without the £40.

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Dayum, they've changed it, It's now £29 for me... Bugger...

Sam

4. Vault-Tec

I'm sorta between stores. One is in Croydon about 65 miles away, and the other in Southampton about 45 miles away :(

It's cool I will be sorted at the weekend. Sister in law got Ikea to put it in their car, so it's coming Saturday. Then I can finish the bedroom. Will be nice having so much storage for clothes.

5. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

Which company did you use? If you don't mind me asking

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah they don't do that in Cardiff either, you still have to pay a delivery charge in our store. You'll get it faster than ordering online but not free.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just realised that it was my 17th cake day on this forum a few days ago... 17 bloody years, holy crap...

adidan, MLyons, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I have a smol car, so if I need to do a raid on Ikea (Warrington - around 35 miles away), I'll rent a van for a few hours.

MLyons likes this.
  8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Let me see If I can find something in the office for that level of dedication

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I didn't even realise that I had just gone past my 17th too. I think this was one of the first things I ever signed up on, with a question about fan size converters or sommat I think.

adidan and Byron C like this.
  10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Wonder if we could do like a 15 year prize thing. Let me bring it up at the next meeting

Last edited: 16 Apr 2019
  11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Got a 70% of my sleeve reworked and its looking so much better, still a session to finish the rest yet. its a week healed and almost there besides a little bit more peeling... Its really boosted my confidence again at a time I really feel like I need, but like every time I go under the needle I get the desire for more... I've always wanted to get my hand(s) done. I think about it regularly, weekly even, probably more than I should. I went to even discuss with HR at one point a few years back and the bottom line is their is no policy against it therefore my job is not in jeopardy If I did. granted we all have unconscious bias but that's a different kettle of fish.

I know exactly what I'd have, Black and grey rose, realism, nothing else. My grandad passed away last year, he had a crap last year of his life spent in a nursing home, a fraction of who he once was. One thing that sticks in my mind a few weeks before he passed was a discussion we had, his dementia was setting in fast and would very easily get quite angry about being in the home unable to leave and go back to his old life of independence, it was quite upsetting for the family. On this occasion he noticed the roses on the balcony and stopped instantly to admire them. Something changed in him, It was like everything became calmer and despite all the **** he could still appreciate those small moments of beauty. Sometimes I find myself thinking about that situation and the sorts of things I complain about or get me down and find those small beautiful things in life that pick me back up. Weird I know...

I'm 27 this year (still a young buck) but I can't help but feel I'm self censoring myself simply because I don't want the hassle of 'Why would you do that?' from friends, family, work colleagues...

On top of that. I weighed myself this morning and despite two weeks of eating crap food I'm lighter than I've ever been at 13st 6lbs... sets me up great for getting into lifting weighs and building lean mass!

12. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Did it myself using a link in Moneysupermarket site, a little chat with my bank who called me and a form, explained I didn't have any document history (due to my ex just binning stuff when we seperated), get to keep all the moneies :clap:

cowtc, adidan, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mr_Mistoffelees

It may be OK at the company you are with now but, it may cause a problem with a potential future employer.

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Jebus, I'll be 65 before I get to 15 years on this forum...

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

EDIT: On topic...

Had an interview this afternoon and within an hour of getting home I had a call asking me to attend a second interview. feelsgoodman.

I think the first forum I was active on was the the HardOCP forum - that couldn't have been more than a year or two before I came over here.

Almightyrastus and adidan like this.
  16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

First day cycling into work since... mid-September? (baby came early October, so couldn't have been much after that, at least!)

I didn't die.

Nothing broke.

My arse doesn't feel like it's been tenderised by an angry Gordon Ramsay.

I call that a success!

17. Vault-Tec

Cable management boxes. A revelation, combined with ikea trunking.

[​IMG]

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Good to see you're labelling the sockets, but I would've splashed an extra £10-15 on a label printer to label the plugs instead. That way, if something dies the cable will still be right.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There are two ways of labelling your cables: proper old-fashioned Dymo Omega, and the wrong way.

perplekks45 likes this.
  20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aye, or if you foolishly unplug two things at once :D