1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

kim and LennyRhys like this.
  2. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

[​IMG]

LennyRhys and MLyons like this.
  3. David

That's the weapon/flying didlo* that will kill the Night King.

You heard it here first! ;)

* you know what I mean

kim likes this.
  4. kim

kim hardware addict

:rollingeyes: It looks like those who read the G. Martin books are mostly disappointed by the show, and I had the same feeling with the Lord of the rings movies, even awesome they were, the story was pointessely degraded for the benefit of neverending battle scenes... anyway, I'm out of topic, but as a great fan of GOT, and even after having a good laugh with the previous posts, I can't avoid thinking that GOT is the greatest show ever... but as said the great wiseman Obi-wan Kenobi : many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view...:grin:

5. VipersGratitude

Possibly... but it doesn't really fit with the Prince who was Promised/Azor Ahai prophesy. Another alternative is that she'll use it to kill Crypt Zombie Caitlyn/Ned

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Any feedback on Episode 3? HOOOOOLY SMOKES!!

7. David

HO-LEE-SHEET!

Last edited: 30 Apr 2019
    LennyRhys and MLyons like this.
  8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Yeah, I think they had this massive epic battle planned, then they realised they couldn't afford the effects budget so they set the gamma correction to Y=5.

Plus all the stupid things they do, it wasn't quite The Last Jedi levels of stupid, but not far off as yet another thing happened that anyone who's even read the wiki notes could have figured out would happen.
    Of course, let's send horsemen who rely on speed and fear head on into the undead horde that know neither pain nor fear. Whilst we're at it let's hide all the civilians in the catacombs filled dead bodies so they're safe from the God like Necromancer who can raise the dead from hundreds of metres away, no need to pre-emptively carry the bodies outside and burn them. We'll stand on open ground too, that'll look cool and really serve to give us a tactical advantage against the undead Dragon.

Then Arya ninja from nowhere (she can teleport now? That... wouldn't actually be a surprise if she could.) saves the day. That, pleased me quite a lot actually, the master assassin does some God tier assassin-ing. Just a shame the whole battle before it suffered from the usual TV/movie climactic battle problem of massed tactical suicide to look cool.

Aaaand breathe.

Now, bets taken on how Cersei gets eviscerated.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2019
    LennyRhys likes this.
  9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Bran on the other hand had a lovely evening in the garden with his friends, then had a mid after noon trip thinking he was flying with crows over some BBQ, comes back an all his mates have got bored an left (died)

LennyRhys likes this.
  10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

As something of an unwilling passenger on the GoT train;

Not many characters died all things considered. I knew wheels wasn't about to cop it, but I had kind of expected Danny to lose another dragon or two. And for someone to kill Auntie-****er again. Same for the imbeciles in the crypt full of corpses while fighting a necromancer.

I've mostly been rooting for ice-Darth Maul thus far, so I'm kind of hoping the mop-up of deaths isn't done by Preggobinty and her rotting pile of muscle.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm the same: not a fan at all, but the wife loves it. I have different nicknames for the characters to you, though:

Dwarf Victor Meldrew (you listen to that voice and tell me that's not who Dinklage is channelling.)
    Prince Charming (which stuck since the first series when he literally looked like Prince Charming from Shrek, though not so much nowadays.)
    Albino Darth Maul (so close.)
    "**** off."
    Stoned Bran.
    Roboclegane.
    Bottle-Job.
    Yerknownothinjensnew.
    George R. R. Martin
    Bald Guy Who Stopped Being of Any Use Whatsoever Around the Third Series But Is, For Some Reason, Not Dead Yet.
    Horny Viking.
    The Short One.
    The Tall One.
    Foreign Dude Who Talks With Heavy Accent.
    Foreign Dudette Who For Some Reason Doesn't Talk With Heavy Accent.
    Blue-Balls McGinger.
    Shitty Pirate.
    Wobbly Sausage.

I think that's most of 'em.

12. liratheal

Ha.

I hadn't considered that - And I'm a big fan of Victor "I don't bloody believe it!" Meldrew.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Oh, forgot one:

One-Half of Robson & Jerome

LennyRhys likes this.
  14. David

I'm thinking:

Cersei and her Golden army/Ironborn navy dominate the survivors of the long night until the citizens of Kings landing, and Westeros as a whole, rise up and cliché them to death.

It's just hard to imagine a satisfying end to the series after the climax of episode 3.

15. VipersGratitude

I am whelmed. The episode had some absolutely breathtaking cinematography, but Arya?
    Melisandre's motivation has been defined by prophesy since her first scene. The prophesies she made this episode came true but the Prince that was Promised, which the show has been building up for years, meant nothing? I also didn't like the fact that the army of the dead was just so overwhelming that it left only one outcome for victory, which took away from the tension somewhat.

EDIT: Just had another thought - In the show, when we first meet Melisandre in Season Two, she was on the salty beach burning effigies of the seven beneath the red comet. In this episode, she lights the burning swords of the Dothraki and urges Arya in to killing the Night King and ending the darkness. Melisandre was the princess that was promised. The power was inside her all along!

Last edited: 30 Apr 2019
    LennyRhys and kim like this.
  16. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

The episode was too dark - had to crank gamma to 2 just to see anything, the battle tactics were rage inducing, none of the main characters died, even though the army was decimated and yet they will somehow pull enough men out their a** to fight Cercei. At least the score was decent

17. legoman

Gamma setting Y=5 or something, I saw a great meme about an alternate lighting team for the episode, the lord of light, Melisandre etc all listed.

I doubt we will see a clean up operation at Winterfell, I mean they have the entire army of the dead plus their own dead army to bury. It'll just be one or two bodies thrown given ceremonial burials an the rest magically vanish, ignoring it would literally take months or maybe years to sort that mess out.

Anyway last few episodes should be in the daylight bar some poorly lit indoor scenes.

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Fire cleanses all, big fires, big fires started and stoked by dragons

19. legoman

And so, global warming began

20. liratheal

Or, hear me out, they just leave the massive piles of rotting/rotten flesh out as walls to demoralise and slow down the Preggobint army.

From a purely mental health aspect, marching north into the ball-freezing cold to fight the people with dragons is surely terrifying enough, but having to trek through the literal mountains of dead that they already defeated would be pretty harsh too.

Honestly, my move would be to dig in at Winterfel or however it's spelt. Make her armies see what yours is capable of (even though it was a tiny girl with a knife that did the winning bit). Plus there's not much cleanup that way.