1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ⭐ Triton! Dual loop Core P5 build!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by BU5H W00K1E, 26 Mar 2019.

1. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

I've had this Core P5 sitting around for months and really wanted to get started on it and take a break from my other case.

This was a quick sketch up for placement layout before I started the mod!
    [​IMG]

From there I got to work measuring and cutting plexi to fill in the back of the case as I'm trying to make the cables run the cleanest I can. After that I mounted the rad brackets and pumps(forgot to get action shots).
    [​IMG]

From there I taped down the templates for drilling the holes to mount both 150mm res into place

[​IMG][​IMG]

I put some hardware down on the case to see how it was going to look.
    [​IMG]

Next step will be to create a Psu cover that also covers the very front of the vertical gpu mounts!

MLyons likes this.
  2. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Hopefully will have an update Wednesday as long as my materials arrive today!

MLyons likes this.
  3. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Well its been a while since the last update! The plexi I ordered came in damaged again! So i reordered some. Then disaster struck! When drilling holes for the pass though fittings I cracked the plexi glass for the bottom and had to order more.
    [​IMG]

Some other things did arrive! Fittings along with fans and fan grills!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hopefully once my new plexi sheet arrives(this time though a different carrier for shipping) I can get back to the grind on this build!

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Hole saw? That's pretty heavy-handed. You would be better off drilling a smaller start hole and routing/filing the rest out.
    If you do insist on a hole saw, It would be safer in a drill press with the part clamped and something hard like particle board behind to stop the chipping. Very light pressure, and toss some water on the cut to keep the plastic cool.

5. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Ya was using a hole saw and it got caught. Order plexiglass drill bits and those tapered bits can’t recall the name

6. Cheapskate

You don't really need the fancy bits either. Just take it a lot slower. The hard sacrifice material will protect against cracking when the bit starts to come through the underside.

7. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Looks like your drilling over an edge.

8. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Had a few days off of work and I wanted to fix the back plate problem with the plexi cracking. So when digging around my scrap pile of metal I found some 2X2 sections of aluminum sheet about 1/8 thick so I cut it down to size and drill the holes and installed it!
    [​IMG]
    Not wanting to just throw away the cracked plexi glass I ended up coming up with an idea of putting it under the aluminum and testing it with a light to see how it would glow around the edges.
    [​IMG]
    After that I cut the PSU cover and cut out the hole for the screen and did a test fit with the new panels.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The panels and the rest of the case need to be wire wheeled down to bare metal and cleaned up a bit. Going to be throwing some paint down on test panels my next day off so I can get the style paint job I'm wanting.

9. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Been at work open to close the past couple days, and leave for training Wednesday morning so hopefully will have sometime between now and before I leave to get the hole drilled for the loops before delivering my case to my friend for some paint!

10. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Got the case painted and put back together!, also installed the parts for the loops and installed fittings!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

First time using a spray gun and automotive paint and it turned out pretty good. Going to order some hardline tubing and soft tubing for the rear of the case tonight.

Cheapskate likes this.
  11. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

It’s the same size it’s not as wide tho because I’m not using the plexi panel on the outside

12. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Been a working on running tubes for the past couple nights between working and getting ready to overhaul the new car once it arrives.
    So i finished the front hardline tubing part of the case.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

They aren't perfect by any means but by this being the 2nd hardline build I've done I would say its not bad, biggest problem I had was having the holes to close together on some parts.

After that I did the back routing for the tubes which drove me nuts as it required me to look at the front and back again to make sure I had the right holes.
    [​IMG]
    The clear tube is the GPU line and the black tube is the CPU line.
    Now it's a waiting game on AMD to release the new hardware and blocks to be release for their new gpus unless I go Nvidia or use the Seven. Also have to figure out how to mount this pc as It was gonna be wall mounted but with the weight of this thing already and it's still missing a few things I wouldn't want it on a wall.

13. Cheapskate

You work like me: All fluff on the outside / box of dirty secrets in the back. :lol:

14. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Ya I don’t put much effort in the rear for cable management. As long as it’s good in the front kind of like a mullet

15. Landux

Landux What's a Dremel?

What a job with the tubing!!!
    I'll go crazy only thinking about so many loops! :jawdrop:
    Nice job, I'll follow it!

16. Theophilus_Field

Theophilus_Field If all else fails... use the surfacing tools

^ Exactly This ^

At my old job I did a ludicrous amount of work with acrylic and those tips are spot on.
    Also, if you use a sharpening stone to blunt the cutting edges of the drill bit slightly, it reduces the chances of the bit snagging and makes it a much smoother process.

17. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

been out of work with a bad knee injury and will hopefully be back soon so i can keep this build going!

18. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Well been back to work for a week or so and I'm getting this thing finished soon!!!
    Currently have her sitting on air for testing to make sure nothing is going wrong and she is moving!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (yes i finally painted my green half peeling wall)

But a giant thanks to Performance PCs! They gave me a nice discount code which helped a lot in buying the remaining bits to for the watercooling! Hopefully friday or saturday it'll be running on full dual loop goodness!

19. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Also giant thanks to Ensourced for the amazing custom cables! I've used them in 3 builds so far and couldn't be any happier!

20. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

After installing all the blocks I decided to go soft tubing for them because I just couldn't get the hardline bends right. But she is finished!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]