1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

America are preoccupied trying to stop Bolton going all Leroy Jenkins on Venezuela... and stoping Trump launching nukes with his 'order coke' button.

Plus america have had no real sucess in programming the maybot either.

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

3. RedFlames

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

There's also Plaid Cymru in Wales.

5. RedFlames

6. RedFlames

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yup and they pay for our Security Services to monitor them on a daily basis.

We've been using their kit for years, we've also been watching them for years - it's not quite the same situation as the elsewhere.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well according to Bloomberg, Vodafone have uncovered secret hidden back-doors in Huawei kit:

Scary stuff, huh?

Well actually... it turns out it was a diagnostic Telnet service that was never exposed to external networks:

I mean, it's not great having debug systems enabled in production kit, but this is hardly evidence of a concerted spying effort by Huawei or the Chinese government. After all, this is the same Bloomberg that accused SuperMicro motherboards of having secret unknown chips surreptitiously installed in them... which turned out to be completely false.

edzieba likes this.
  9. adidan

So can I believe Willamson would do it? Yes.
    Can I believe he could have done it but by mistake? Yes
    Can I believe he's been stitched up? Yes.

Do I think it should be dropped like the PM wants? Not on your nelly.

Official Secrets Act, shouldn't be ignored as something trivial.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

All this on the day Bombardier announces it's plan to sell (or close if nobody buys it) it's wing factory in Northern Ireland. It's not because of Brexit, we're moving our factories entirely into the United States and European Union purely for logistical reasons, honest guv.

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I have to say i do find it surprising that polling shows so much support for The Brexit Party, i understand people not believing what they were told and getting drawn in by the whole Brexit will be great stick and the Euroskeptic politicians rhetoric and hyperbole before the referendum but now?

It seems remarkable that the people who say they're going to vote for The Brexit Party haven't compared and contrasted what they were told and what's happened some 3 years later and thought "you know what i think they've mislead me".

12. adidan

Try talking to my mum, it's like talking to an anti-vaxer or flat-earther.

Arboreal likes this.
  13. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

You must have the patience of a saint, i know from past history it's not something I'd be able to cope with.

So who want's to take a stab at what the local election results tell us...Conservatives lose 409 seats, Labour lost 60 seats, UKIP lose 8, while LibDems gain 286, Greens gain 34 and others gained 92.

Either the losers are doing a really bad job on local issues or people voted on national issues, Brexit maybe, maybe people have changed their minds and voted for remain parties.

14. adidan

Some Labour, i shall call him 'person', said they were hit up north because they back a second referendum. Others say it was because they didn't explicitly back a second referendum.

Tories reckon it's because of Brexit not being delivered, but look over there Labour did bad too.

They should both look up, the LibDems and Greens did the best, what does that surely tell them?

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Nothing, because there's no telling a politician anything that doesn't agree with their existing views.

adidan likes this.
  16. adidan

Very true

17. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Listening to the news it seems it's telling them people just want them to get on a deliver Brexit, how they've taken that away from the results so far is baffling, every party that supports leaving the EU lost seat and every party that doesn't gained seat and somehow that doesn't mean people have changed their minds. o_O

18. loftie

loftie Multimodder

:D

edzieba and adidan like this.
  19. adidan

Tories still blindly saying 'people want Brexit done'. Ok, so why did leave voting Chelmsford vote in the LibDems, for example?

The trouble is in the EU elections, what with TIG and so on there will be a choice on who to vote for for the Remain camp. The Brexit Party is the sole destination for the Leave camp.

Edit: What is hilarious is now JRM now has a LibDem councillor representing him :)

20. RedFlames

...like how the GE was a message to deliver brexit... by removing the govt's majority and thus ability to deliver brexit effectively [or at all thus far].