1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Sounds like me with Surviving Mars...

Mr Happy likes this.
  2. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Had Borderlands 2 for a while, started it up once but something turned me off, or may just have had another game in my head at the time but I bought the handsome collection for a tenner a few days ago and have been having a whale of a time with it since then.

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Risk of Rain 2. I am completely addicted. I keep getting on for a "quick game" and the next thing you know it's been almost 2hrs and I figure I may as well try going for 20 levels... The transition to 3D has been way better for this game than I expected!

Mr Happy likes this.
  4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Had a brief go at Eve Online (using Steam Proton to play it on Linux,) and the most fun I had was in the character creator. Uninstalled, and looked for something to scratch the space itch - basically, what I want is Diablo in Space: lots of looty-shooty fun, preferably single-player, customise your ship with salvaged weapons, that sort of thing.

What I've ended up with is Everspace, which is Simplified Rogue in Space - close enough. 's getting on a bit now, so it was under £10 for the deluxe version and expansion pack combined. Got it on PC rather than Switch 'cos A) it has a native Linux version and 2) I can do that sort of thing now I've upgraded.

It's a bit repetitive, as you might expect from what is effectively an ARPG, but I'm having fun. Not that I really have time to game, which is why I ended up playing it last night from about 2330 to 0200. Whoops.

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  6. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Eve takes a little bit to get into, but it is worth persevering.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2019
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nah. Not my cup of hot chocolate at all.

8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Anno 1800 Open Beta this weekend, managed to play a couple of hours. Skipped 2205 as it seemed to move away from the traditionsl Anno style, this looks like it headed back in that direction, whilst still adding lots of mew things and ideas. Hope to play some more this afternoon but think I'm sold (I was before I'd even played it really )

9. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

I have so many games bought and un-played but just got a massive buzz from loading up Skyrim for the first time in about 2 years (Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin!). So much time with the Witcher series and other games that feels great to come back to another classic.

Yes, I know it's dull but when I have such little free time, I really can't abide average games. Moar graphics though please! Still never finished it either.

adidan likes this.
  10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Half Life 1 still have servers for those maps, particularly Crossfire that I play most nights.

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

How dare you!

Makes me think I should load Skyrim back up and see what 200+ new mods I can download. :)

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Reinstall Morrowind, mod the cr*p out of it to drag it a bit closer to the modern era, then you'll see why Skyrim is dull:naughty:

disclaimer:
    I shall not be held responsible for the thousands of hours you will lose, or the flame wars you will have with Daggerfall fanboys

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I would love to but even all the new graphics overhaul mods still don't do it for me i'm afraid :(

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Freelancer? There hasn't really been a decent, driven space sim in ages IMO. ED is just a bit too aimless, it desperately needs a main story arc!

As for me I just started playing Borderlands 2 again, and on my I forgot how much fun it is! I have over 100 hours and I've not actually completed it, so maybe this time I will! The UHD textures make it look very modern and I get a solid 144fps!

15. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Forza horizon 4.

Started with a 14 day free trial and then bought an Xbox 3 month pass for a quid. Probably finish it in that time. Really enjoying it.

Bought a Driving force GT wheel to play it but my lad nicked it, prefer using keys to be honest, yes you heard right keys for a driving game

16. TechnoMod87

TechnoMod87 What's a Dremel?

I downloaded the legend of aria today :worried::worried:

17. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Grabbed Steep for free on Uplay and installed it on the media PC, lacks enough grunt to run it well but it's playable on the lowest settings which will do for now, brings back memories of the SSX games.
    Not much time to play it atm but I look forward to doing so in the future.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The Surge

Futuristic version of Dark Souls (which I've not played but watched my brother do so).

Spent weekend before last and this Sunday playing it. A game for those who have time on their hands - which I don't anymore. Going to stop and move onto something else.

19. Pretizx

Pretizx What's a Dremel?

dark soul 3!
    great games and great ambientation!

20. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Finally playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It's actually the first game to make my good old R9 290x sad, it just can't quite cut it in full glory.

I might go back and play Witcher 3 again after that - I loved the first two, but 3 just didn't click with me for some reason!