1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

A cup of tea wouldn't go amiss, getting a bit parky outside your gaff.

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Yeah, they're lovely and relaxing for the first 30 seconds and then I'm done.

They do serve a purpose for when you're filthy from a day of hard labour, though.

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Was moving stuff around the loft tonight, trying to make some space amongst all the 'puter stuff, gave my Synology NAS (main one, 4 bay job) a whack with my elbow and 30 minutes later, it wouldn't wake from sleep upon access.

Wouldn't shutdown holding the power button, started to get worried...

Removed power cable, gave it a dedust whilst I had it out, plugged in and restarted...odd, can't access it on the network (static IP).

Check via router, hmmm, it's using DHCP, logged onto the web page, "Welcome to your new NAS, DSM not installed, click next to install DSM"... oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Continued here: https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.p...our-life-awesome.177220/page-922#post-4649738

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

The bike frame sold last night. It went for full asking price, so I didn't make too much of a loss (and I got a good couple thousand miles on it), but it's still sad that I am now without PC and bike. Now I just gotta get it stripped down, cleaned and shipped so I can get the other parts listed and sold...

Still, just means I can go through all the fun of building another in a year or 2 when we're all settled and I actually have time to make use of it properly.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Seat post on the bike kept sinking last couple of rides, turns out the carbon has a split in it so yesterday it slipped an dug in, bye bye fancy carbon seatpost! Only issue now is an argument in my head on what to replace it with.
    Either way it needs to be pronto, forgot I have a 75 mile event Sunday.

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Was 3-1 up in a game last night on FM19. My team are relegation candidates and we're currently up for promotion. I didn't finish the game before going to bed and the power cut out this morning meaning I'm gong to need another miracle tonight :(

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

/south Park "mmmm yummy yummy crap"

I must congratulate this bird on stealth. I must also commend it for aim, because I have absolutely none on the leg of my joggers.

[​IMG]

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I had a similar close call on my bike the other week. Driving under a railway bridge and I felt something hit my shoulder. Patted myself down at the next set of lights and sure enough, a giant bird turd. Helmet completely blocked my view of the mess, couldn't see a damn thing. Bloody lucky though because I was riding with my visor half open at the time!

9. Vault-Tec

It must be so much fun being a bird.

maxlxyd likes this.
  10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Must be preferable to another tyre screw though.

MLyons and Vault-Tec like this.
  11. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

At first I thought you had ROG shoes...

adidan likes this.
  12. Vault-Tec

I do. They're the shiznit.

13. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

UPS website, had to disable my pi-hole temporarily to be able to book and pay for a courier collection.

This was after a load of faffing around trying to book, all of which failed. After investigating, I found that UPS use some particularly nasty and insideous trackers on their website that are apparently mandatory to be able to complete a booking. Google iesnares for a bad taste of just one such tracker.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

True. I'll take birdshit on my jacket - or even helmet - in preference to yet another ****ing puncture.

15. legoman

Woke up dizzy, still getting on an off spats of that plus blurring in my left eye. Got stuck behind a mobile smoke screen old van coming to work couldnt hit the vent button quick enough, thats given me a nice headache plus I my right thumb is twitching an I'm generally in a bad mood today.
    Oh an had an idiot try an run a rebuild on a laptop I needed, because he didnt know how to change the BIOS to UEFI he just closed it an left it, didnt mentioned its been binned out of AD etc either so that was nice.

16. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Chrome seems to have changed the way the rendering engine works in the newest update breaking some stuff. Can't find anyone else talking about the issue and nothing from google. Fun times.

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Not sure if I'm being irrational here so happy to be corrected, feel like I am.

Partners birthday on the weekend, therefore I ploughed ahead with the garden and its pretty much 95% there besides a few plants and compost. My dad helped me quite a bit by providing tools and helping me collect decking boards and materials in his car despite having a garden overhaul himself on. Without help, garden wouldn't be anywhere near complete.

This Friday they've cancelled their plans to look after my son so we can go out for a pre birthday drink as just a couple, and Monday my mum will have him all day like she does every week to help with childcare costs.

On the weekend to coincide with her birthday and garden completion she wants a BBQ, She's invited her parents & grandparents who donated the patio slabs they've removed from there garden. My parents? nope... not a mention... but this is to 'thank' people for the help.

Her mum never has my son ever because 'he's too tiring and need a nap after' which means occasionally we pounce out to see her on the weekends, while during the week she's off galavanting to shows and racing and all this crap with no issue. The only hold she has over her is occasionally showering her with some gift or money when she feels her parenting has lacked (like it has) she had the audacity to tell us the other day she wouldn't be buying anything else for my son because she was afraid it was making us look bad.... WTF and while we were given patio slabs from her grandparents it was only to save them paying to dump them, when I turned up to collect them it was like I was constantly in the way of their social events despite clearing it with them prior.

I didn't bring it up because to me I thought she'd twig on that it was pretty much a kick in the face to thank people for their help at a BBQ and then not invite the only people who actually provide help while the weekend is intact book ended with them going out of their way to help her have a good relaxing birthday...

I'm probably being irrational and I should let her have her birthday her way but its still my efforts into that garden and I know where the help came from

18. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Invite your parents yourself, its your BBQ/house as well?

19. legoman

Yeah, we've had some faults popping up our end with Intranet stuff. My response currently is, "Don't use Chrome". Technically true as the Intranets is designed around IE11 but yeah some fun bugs have been cropping up, mainly with Devs who downloaded it.

20. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I'd have it out with my Mrs and ask if we have them all together or seperate, explain why it's important for you too