1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

GL... rest well.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I know you mean well, but cystic fibrosis is something that drags out over a long period. He'd been in and out of hospitals throughout all of his 31 years, and every time they've had to call 999 his family have had to prepare themselves for the fact that this time might be the time he doesn't come home.

Thanks both and yeah: @Vault-Tec, look after yourself, man.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I was thinking in terms of being hooked up to life support but fair point.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ah ok, I see what you meant...

5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

So I went to bed this morning @ circa 02:00, it had been running for approx. 34 hours and was in the 90% percentage-wise, got up this morning and Windows 10 had "automatically restarted" to install an update around 06:00 this morning, I have no idea if it finished and the WD diagnostic tool does not keep logs. My gut feeling is that it had not finished.

I gave up and reinstalled it in my Synology and have started another extended test in DSM, this time I will leave it running - for weeks if necessary.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This ^

This is why I moved to Linux for everything but gaming back in 2006!

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

@Byron C my condolences.

@Vault-Tec take time for yourself as you need it. When it comes to health the most important person in your life is you.

Myself, I'm bloody annoyed with the headache, backache, blocked nose, ears and throat I'm experiencing right now. I just feel awful. Minor problem compared to others here, I know. I'll take a nice hot bath soon then crash on the couch or in bed.

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Take it easy fella!

2 things life ruining today. Gone to see the consultant about the hernias, he thinks I'm still in pain because they were so bad before being repaired so there'll be a heap load of scar tissue pulling and snagging which would pain. BUT there is some bulging on the right where most of the pain is, which could mean that that one hasn't been fixed and will require further surgery. Now have to have a scan. I'd rather my balls went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson than have another op, but there we go.

Secondly, @adidan very kindly let me have his old P183 for postage, with an aim for a bit of :dremel:, but the case is in absolutely mint condition and I really don't want to break it apart.:waah:

Last edited: 16 May 2019
    adidan likes this.
  9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I feel rough as ****

I hate calling in sick unless I’m full germ sprinkler sneezing everywhere (which I am not) vomiting (also not) or so unproductive I’ll achieve nothing turning up.

I had to stop on the way home from work for a break because I felt so drained from the day I felt like I could easily sleep, I feel better now I’m home but I have so much I want to be doing but barely feel well enough to roll my ass off the sofa

Bluerghhhhh!!

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Germ sprinkler is a good term, woke up feeling a bit bleugh went to work which was like a doctors waiting room full of the sick in varying states of sickness ranging from mild sniffles to full one hacking up their guts.
    Come home throats on fire an phlegm

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

RIP

15. adidan

After having the kitchen/hall/utility floor and tiles removed, damp dealt with and damp proof put down and screed over the flooring went in today.

Looking good. Except they were one pack short of the waterproof flooring we're putting down and the downstairs toilet needs taking off. Our builder didn't remove it to take of the tile underneath it when he did the rest. No frickin surprise.

Wonder when we'll blumming well move in... Doing my nut in now.

16. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

This has the potential to; I got my new GPU for OCUK & either side of buying mine, the price was - and is, currently - ~£250 - any justification for me asking for the difference back as I'm sure it was only £280 for a few days?

EDIT:
    £30 winging it's way back to me...

Last edited by a moderator: 17 May 2019
  17. adidan

I think the only way that's happen is if you send it back under Consumer Contracts Regulations and buy it again. You'd have to pay for return postage though and it has to be within 14 days of receiving it AFAIK.

OCUK Ts&Cs

18. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Today i should of been studying for the last two practicals of my course, instead i’ve been to and from the hospital like a muppet because my partners waters broke 5 weeks early, organizing kids, budgeting, and doing loads of stressful stuff which could of had my full attention and been absolutely fine if they went a week later. I’ve got my partners mum giving me free unneeded advice. It’s just one of them things where life throws everything at you and you either cry like a baby or take it in your stride and bledy well get on with it. Which i’m going to start doing obviously after writing this post lol

adidan likes this.
  19. adidan

I like to stride along sobbing. Who says men can't multitask?

20. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

5 month old puppy had to be euthanised this morning at 6.45am after multiple seizures last night - those were likely caused by the 6 heart defects he had when he was born that were misdiagnosed as an "innocent" puppy murmur that will self-correct within 6 months - he had an atrial septal defect, ventricular septal defect, stenotic pulmonary artery, narrow mitral valve (left side between top/bottom chambers), narrow tricuspid valve (right side between top/bottom chambers) and an extraneous membrance present in the right atria as well. Poor fella was doomed from birth and we're £2.5k poorer with no dog to show for it ....... also it's 4 months since the dog he replaced died of heart issues as well.

Life can really kick you in the biscuits sometimes :waah::waah::waah::waah: