1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Sweet jesus. That's a lot of codices.

I think of Group 4 they're all 4th edition except top left Tyranids book, and the second in from the left Space Marine book. I think those might be 3rd?

I think Group 3, the hardbacks are all current or close to current, with the other five possibly being third or second editions.

Group 2 is rule books I think from 3rd through to 7th; 3rd, 6th, 5th, 4th, 7th is the order according to the picture.

Group 1 looks like second or third possibly? Not 100% sure, going to do some googling unless someone else pipes up first.

As for how to sell them, I'd say do edition groups because that's a pretty good run across most editions (not all of the Codices got edition updates) that there are rulebooks for, and I expect collectors are going to be the most interested.

Going to do a little googling.

Edit: Googling achieved. I've marked the editions on the books - There are some that say 8th as well. I don't know what version you have, a couple have had 8th edition revisions with the same cover art and some haven't, so might still be current books.

Personally, I'd bundle them in edition groups apart from the current ones (so 3rd, 4th, etc) and get rid of the majority that way. The price, I'm not sure of, I've not bought OOP stuff for a while.

The current stuff should move for half to two thirds of current retail price pretty quickly, but might be better to shift as individual items. Not 100% sure. group 1 Resized.jpg group 3 Resized.jpg group 4 Resized.jpg

Last edited: 12 May 2019
  2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Wow. That's some collection!
    Reminds me I regret getting rid of my rule books :(

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Same man, i miss Codex Cities of Death, and some of the Old Forgeworld books, and even the Catalogue, i used to enjoy flicking through the Scenery they used to sell wishing i could afford it

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Being Bandai, I'm hoping for a Gundam style kit... I think they said that it will be pre-painted though :(

5. lilgoth89

Pre painted in Model kit form usually means coloured Plastic in the Production Process ( much like the Blue / Red Spru's seen in some newer GW kits )
    its nothing you cant paint Over easily though

Also only 2 weeks before i can Read the Solar War book without being utterly Price gouged on the Bay ( seriously there are new unopened copys for £250 )

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

For some reason, I always loved reading through the 2nd edition Wargear book that came with the starter set.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm with you there! So much lore about the weapons came from that book! 2nd edition was pure insanity rules wise though! :p

Pete J likes this.
  8. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

3D printer folk, which models do you have / what do you recommend picking up?

Looking to use it for some 40k conversion pieces (not doing a warlord just yet..) and titanicus terrain anyone used one for this?

9. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

You'll have to excuse the photo quality! The 'Warhound' is at Titanicus scale printed on an Ender 3, the 'Tyranid' thing is 40k scale off an Anycubic Photon, the Photon has much better detail but working with the resin is a pita!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Ender 3 has been great for the stuff that I have printed off, I've not really tried anything smaller than the 'Warhound' but I have seen people on DnD forums printing minis and the detail looks acceptable. I'm sure there are probably better options in the fdm space now, but these are the 2 that I have and use on a regular basis.

10. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Wow that carnifex is incredible, I can't even see any of the print lines. Where do you get your print files for them?

11. Pretizx

Pretizx What's a Dremel?

Wow. awesome collection!!

12. 13eightyfour

The quality from the Photon is really impressive for the price, the only downside being that the resin can be messy but imo the washing/curing post printing is a minor inconvenience compared to sanding a print off the Ender 3.

The 2 prints above just came from Thingiverse, but most of the items that I print are modeled in Fusion360/Blender.

13. lilgoth89

Roughly how much did the Carnifex cost to Print ?

i am thinking of getting myself a Photon, but i know if i do i will print about 30,000 Carnifex XD
    but i was also thinking of many / MANY convesion gubbinz for all of my armies, things like Doors and hatches for Rhino's
    Also it would mean a Redesign on alot of the Models i currently print, as i could print the large Bodies with FDM and then thin side panels with the Resin ( so the bits you dont see are cheap, and the bits you do see are far better detailed )

14. lilgoth89

Also
    [​IMG]
    Thoughts ? i know its not the original Turret, but i quite like it

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Tbh i probably wouldn't have noticed had you not said.

16. lilgoth89

its the turret off the Vulcan, but with a new front end, ( that came off a tiger 2 model i have in my library ) with a pair of Vanquisher cannons off my Chimera Russ project
    the Barrel is held in my Magnets just in case the dual Battlecannon is ever actually worth taking

17. 13eightyfour

Once I'd managed to hollow the model in a sensible way the total cost of resin was about £2.50, the first one that I printed was solid but still only came in at about £4.00. Based on 1L of resin costing £45ish, my photon still has issues, but now that parts are more easily available it's not such a big issue, I've been tempted to jump up to a bigger printer but at the moment I just can't quite justify the massive jump in cost.

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That combo looks really cool @lilgoth89 feels very 'right' for the Impe.. Astra Militarum.

19. lilgoth89

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team