1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Most GP practices usually have ONE good one, just a case of working out who they are... even if they are the best of a bad bunch - beats having to changed practices.

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Very true but, I know from my own experience how difficult that can be.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Shower repair failure, part to step -2, had a massive melt down end of yesterday.

Seems trivial on the surface but these house issues I can't fix are damaging my self esteem.

Mrs doesn't realise the "just get someone in" means a big bill as she doesn't realise the extent of the work and she's in no poistiotn to chip in to pay it

Pretizx likes this.
  4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

current mood -

[​IMG]

Pete J, Hex, perplekks45 and 3 others like this.
  5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Got stung by a horsefly today. In the face. F*** those flying a**holes!

6. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

This might help, if you need it.

perplekks45 likes this.
  7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Bit fed up of letting the world go by to be honest

I’ve gained back 7 pounds I’d previously lost just having no self control, I don’t know why I do it... I’m not fat but I’m out of shape by a mile

I just have no go in me... I have all this drive and ambition but nowt in me to go... I have this constant fear I’ll end up and old man still in the same spot having achieved nothing, bitter about the world. I just would like to wake up hungry for more than slouching in front of peppa pig waiting for bed time

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Thanks. I'll make an appointment with my GP today. Light swelling of the left half of my face, nothing major but annoying.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yanked this out of my back tyre. Didn't go all the way through, but it's pretty damn close. Either way that's another plug...

[​IMG]

They are not, they were fitted in February...

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Do you take a shortcut to work through a scrap metal yard or something?

MLyons likes this.
  11. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

You mean the East Midlands?

12. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Leicester wants a word with you two... o_O

13. bolous

bolous What's a Dremel?

my cholesterol... i should eat only salads fish and fruits:duh:

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Random bout of depressions swept in like a storm at sea.
    Not sure what's triggered it but I just don't want to see people. Just reminds me how wholly inadequate and socially awkward I am.
    Going to slap the happy mask on for work to avoid questions and sickness issues.

I'm at that point I can't focus oj things my mind darts between things I have a total feeling of failure. I'm irritable an can't stand anyone near me but the same time I want someone to hold me let me cry an tell me its all ok before I fall further down the hole an get to the really bad stuff

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I take about 5 or 6 different routes in to work and I tend to go a different route every day - same thing with going home, and I'll drive home a different way than I went in. Clearly it makes feck all difference.

This looks like the top off a nitrous oxide canister - I've seen quite a few of these canisters discarded on the roads around where I live, so I must have missed one and driven over it.

[​IMG]

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You seem to have the worst tyre luck on these forums, sir, so I guess there's that.

17. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Find someone and talk to them, I've just come out of a ridculious anxiety and derpession out burst over the weekend and I wish I had dealt with the build up a lot better.
    I understand the failure feeling far too much these days, pick a task or objective etc that you're sure you can succeed in, no matter if small or big and focus on it, take the win and revel in it.

I'm no expert, just offering some advice of my own experiences.

You got this buddy, small steps, small wins :thumb:

Guest-44638 and DeadP1xels like this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I feel you man. I used to feel obliged to fix and paint mum's house but I just can't do it any more. It just makes me very ill. I did feel bad but I did it for ten years so that was enough.

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

People who offer help then do a runner when you actually take them up on the offer...

Also... **** hospitals

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I get what you mean, just where I've shut myself off a lot in the past I've pretty much ran out of friends now, so options are somewhat limited. Plus half the time I cant even convert what I'm feeling into words.

That reminds me, the mother sprung on me she "Desperately needs petrol" is on the point I cant drive it to get petrol now as it'll likely conk out. She cant use a pump apparently she cant grip it, that along with MOT, service, tax and wash the dam thing. That and also I stupidly agreed to get a shed for her, guess whos putting that up, only a 3X4 plastic Keter thing but its that, demolish the old wooden one and then put up (when she orders it) an 8X10 greenhouse which I need to book time off to do.

Oddly i'm not booking time off.

Oh an I have to fix her slow PC again tonight as windows did an upload and now everything's changed again.

Sorry rant over