1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sounds like mine that does lol.

She's getting her "look after me for 16 years" worth haha. I must retune every TV in her house every time I'm there. And update and tend to her tablet and open child proof bottles due to her arthritis.

2. Vault-Tec

People use those to get high. No s**t look on YT for "hippie crack"

3. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Aren't those CO2 canisters...?

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nitrous oxide. Smaller than carbon dioxide canisters, and used to charge squirty cream dispensers. And by that I mean "get loaded 'cos it's literally laughing gas."

5. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

NO2 can be used to inflate tyres...? Hmm

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Regular nitrogen is used on aircraft and racing car tyres.

Nitrous [N2O] in your tyes would probably not end well.
    Nitrogen dioxide [NO2] is what comes out the exhaust

7. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

That's what you use to kill your tyres from the OUTside...

8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I re-read @Byron C 's post, again... another fail on my part.

Byron C likes this.
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

What can I say, it's a talent...

Oh yes, well aware of that. Usually by discharging the contents of the cylinder into a balloon and inhaling from the balloon. I've seen loads of these canisters discarded on roads around Cardiff, often requiring me to swerve around them. Clearly didn't see this one in time...

I was going to complain about all these new-fangled drugs that "the kids" are into (bath salts? hippie crack? spice? wtf?), but in my youth kids used to sniff glue or inhale aerosols to get high - the trend of finding new ways to get off one's rocker isn't really that new... We just didn't have social media to share tips, I guess!

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

If it's prescriptions from the same chemist every time, you can ask them to put "fit non-childproof lids" on her file.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I wonder if that'd be a super hero or super villain power..

Captain Tyre Destroyer sounds kind of villainous to me.

12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

One more month of being on the limit, cash-wise. I guess it's a win in that I didn't have to use any CC's? But man, i'm looking forward to next month when the missus does a few KIT days and can contribute. July should mark the point where we really get a hold on our finances though and things start getting easier... Just gotta get there!

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Yeah, pretty similar. The fact I wake up an will get some new job to do sprung on me, or emails saying something has broken or she needs something doing.
    I'm stuck in a job that doesn't pay especially well because I have to be close for her random demands. I was going to take a job about 30 miles away (great pay prospects etc) but then she played the oh woe is me card and me being weak I folded. Give you an idea if you read the F1 thread I would have been in the room where the engineers got soaked in champagne but that will never happen.

I'm stuck as both my sisters announced that the when mum dies they are going to do their upmost to make sure I see nothing inheritance wise so I'm now joint owner on the house to ensure I have something.
    I've been her sole carer for the past 15 years lost most of my friends, given up on my dreams of starting a business and just generally losing interest in most things now.

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

This made me 'Ughhh' out load...

sounds like you're well and truly entitled, I find it so baffling siblings who declare their stake to wealth when their parents are still alive...

My partners mum does it when her dad is well and fighting fit!

actually gets in a mood when he spends any large sum of cash as its "her inheritance"

15. legoman

Yeah I don't get it at all, I was put on the deeds basically so I have a house when she does go, not that my sisters know that which is probably for the better.
    They used to do the thing of kicking off when she spent money, thankfully they don't come over anymore we just get the odd call telling us how great they are, usually when mum is in hospital.

They are both twisted individuals who bullied me when we were growing up to the point I have scars and life long injuries/health issues from them from where I was used to test out Karate moves.
    Problem was, and still is I'm the quiet one and an easy target. My therapist likened me to a human sponge I can absorb so much punishment both mental and physical (to the point she genuinely was worried about me having a nervous breakdown but don't show it till I literally run out. Unfortunately the I'm near saturation point with work, home and my own problems so may go dark for a while.

16. Vault-Tec

No mate things like bleach, toilet duck, disinfectant etc. Even toothpaste and ketchup need doing because of the foil things. Her way of doing it is just sticking a knife in them but then it doesn't come out very well.

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Waiting on an emergency sparky as my flat's electrics hae just shat themselves...

18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

So the boss told me and my production assistant/minion that the bonus related to the completion of the single biggest order in the company's history was going to be paid to us, even though the customer is yet to actually pay, because "you guys have done your part and it's not fair to keep you waiting".

Pay day today.

No bonus.

No communication in between to say why this has changed again.

We finished building the products nearly 2 months ago.

Must. Resist. Punching teeth out....

IanW and MLyons like this.
  19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You sure it wasn't some sort of exposure/appreciation deal? I know that's a popular means of payment these days, even though I've yet to find a store that takes payment in either of those. I'm sat on a goldmine of appreciation bonuses if it ever becomes legal tender.

20. legoman

Sounds very similar to my work with promised annual bonuses.

Boss tells you to evidence being the go to person for XYZ projects doing umpteen hours of overtime both paid and unpaid etc.
    You do all that an it comes back with an inflation matching pay rise while the one who was nearly fired for poor attendance and generally being useless gets a big pay rise, an award for his "work" and an invite to the high achievers event.

Logic!