1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It seems people have found random solutions to the problem, it doesn't sound like there is a one sensible and rational solution.

Glad it's working again though. :)

lancer778544 likes this.
  2. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Just spent the better part of 3 hours trying to resolve the "Unidentified Network" error on both mine and my wife's machines.

Both were working fine on Monday yet decided to just stop working tonight, right when we both wanted a quick blast of Div 2.

I tried all of the guides I could easily find on my phone (wifi decided to **** up as well) and nothing worked (resetting TCP/IT, DNS flush, IP renew etc). I swapped cables, ports and even the router itself and still no joy. We are running on homeplugs so I thought it might have something to do with it, but even a direct connection gave the same error.

Eventually I switched back to the previous router and it started working as if nothing had ******* happened...

I am now not tired and need to be up at 5 for work.

ARGH! :grr::grr::grr::grr:

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Stupid right eye is going out again. Ever since the worst stroke it's been unreliable. Wants to go dim again.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

My story takes place while I was en route to work this morning:-

I was almost punted into the central reservation of the dual carriageway by a Polish van driver who didn't think to signal or use his mirrors before drifting into lane 2, where I was already fully alongside him with nowhere else to go! :wallbash:

Luckily, the reservation is wider than normal by there, so I missed the centre barrier by mere inches, and also managed to not spin out.

The driver behind me who witnessed this and I agreed (by sign language) on our opinion of the van driver's parentage. Only car damage was a scrape on nearside wing mirror.

TL;DR - Still waiting for heart rate to stabilise. :sigh:

5. veato

veato I should be working

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I get round the "professional camera" nonsense most of the time with my EOS M, looks like a compact but its not, its a sneaky thing.

The hydration thing is basically buy drinks from them there at the extortionate amounts they will change

Hex and liratheal like this.
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I mean, if you were in a hospital it would have been an opportune time to "donate" a kidney to a wealthy person.

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Her: "He's really misbehaved, screamed constantly, refused to nap, I put him down in the shop and he went to grab all the cards and when I picked him up he screamed and went all stiff so I had to buy him a helium balloon" - "Then he wouldn't have his lunch and tried chucking it on the floor so he's only had some chocolate buttons"

Me: "He kicked up, you rewarded his behaviour by buying him something and substituting food for chocolate?.... wouldn't it have made sense either you or your mum to take him outside the shop?"

Her: "mum said she felt tired and wouldn't be able to handle him"

Me: "could you not give your mum the money to buy the card"

Her: "I couldn't ask her to do that... She gets confused"

Me: "What a load of complete and utter ****, she spends all her time shopping its called being bone-idle and stop rewarding his bad behaviour!"

Her: *hangs-up*

In hindsight I was pretty blunt but if I did the same thing she'd string me up by the balls

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Does seem a little blunt, but also from stuff you've posted recently sounds like it's hardly the first time you've had issues with situations involving the mother-in-law :(

10. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

T-cut and some gaffer tape... it'll be fiiiiiine....

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  12. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

No body work damage I can see surprisingly so no need for t-cut, not quite sure the gaffer tape will cut it this time. On the plus side the bumper is very solid.

13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

New screen and a new upright... that isn't gonna be a pretty bank/card statement.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It won't be if you bought one of Apple's monitor stands...

15. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I know what I'd rather spend a grand on... o_O

16. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Got home and fell asleep on the sofa. This is going to mess up going to sleep and me waking up again :(

17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I don't know what I would spend a grand on at the moment but, I know damn well it wouldn't be a flash monitor stand.

18. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

My post was referencing @BA_13 ... but personally, it'd be a better 'bare bones' for this heifer, to get more out of my Vega 56

Byron C likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That went way over my head; you said "screen", which in my head instantly turned into "monitor". Context is everything, kids :thumb:

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Yeah, doing that more an more now, did it last night came home, laid on my bed for what I thought was a moment, nope three hours, bare in mind I got home at about 7PM an had been at work since 6AM an had to be back in today for 6, I'm running on caffine.