1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

The funny thing is Brexiters are either saying of course the NHS will be on the table or that they believe our MPs when they say the NHS isn't up for grabs, either of those don't exactly show them in a very good light.

The former says they knew the £350m to fund the NHS was BS and so the referendum was won on the basis of intentionally misleading people, the latter says they're the most gullible and naive people on the plant.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm wondering, in the event of a no deal sittuation, whether the NHS's time left will be measured in years, months, days or minutes.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

He only does the best words:

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

4. liratheal

You do have to admire world leaders that trump meets not being filmed or recorded saying "what a ***** trumpet".

It can't be easy to meet that pile of orange **** in a suit and not tell him to get on the bike back to idiotville.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

At various times our leaders have cosied up to Augusto Pinochet and Muammar Gaddafi to name but a few, as much as I dislike Trump he's a nothingment next to some of the people government leaders get to stand next to and smile.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

*cough*Al Saud Family*cough*

7. liratheal

True, true. But some of the current world leaders appear to be semi-reasonable human beings. I don't recall seeing the newly crown Japanese emperor playing Minigolf with a dictator, for example.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Different situation with Trump though than some random Dictator, much like post-Brexit Britain Japan can't afford the risk of angering Trump.
    Because with how poorly their economy is doing ending up on the wrong end of Trumpistan tariffs just isn't an option, so knuckle under it is.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I see Brexit papers are all about honouring the war generation, rightly so.

How about them honouring them and the reason why the EU was created, to avoid others having to go through the same horrors?

I wish my grandad was still around, he'd have a few words to say on it.

10. liratheal

Honestly I picked the Japanese guy because he was just the most recent one I could think of that wasn't the Irish guy with the unspellable name.

Of all the world leaders I've seen pictured with him, a lot have had that "this guy is a dumbass" look on their face if not at the start, by the end of the meeting. Which is why I find it somewhat impressive that they've not been caught calling him a fat mong or something.

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Looks like Ford maybe the latest company to announce it's moving operations out of the UK later today, something like 1,500 direct jobs and goodness knows how many dependents, i guess 54% knew what they were voting for though so there's always that.

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Context, reason, logic and truth from the Daily Heil, Torygraph, Express or Unmentionable?
    Satan will be on his knees begging us to export more heaters to hell before that happens.

13. liratheal

Wouldn't be surprised.

Pretty much all Ford stuff in the UK is engine design and building, I'd wager that moving Dunton to Germany wouldn't be a challenge. You've got Dunton Technical Centre, Dagenham Engines, Bridgend Engines, and Halewood Transmission. I'd expect an expansion of Aachen in Germany (Replacing Dunton), Bordeux (Replacing Halewood), and Merkenich (Also replacing Dunton) with the various body assembly plants being expanded to take up the engine building, and possibly some new sites around Europe to prevent single point of failure in engine and transmission building.

I wonder whether they'd move the Heritage centre, seeing as all the cars in it are maintained and road legal in the UK it might not be hard to migrate that to a European country. Although the cars are only shipped out for shows and the like, so I guess there's not much need for them to move it..

14. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

They were silent on that for the WWI Centennial, I doubt they'd suddenly drag themselves out of the gutter now.

15. RedFlames

...it;s not like Ford didn't warn them.

16. adidan

Although the leavers will try and hide it all under the umbrella of a general worldwide downturn in the car industry...

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That'll be the death of Bridgend. It will send an already fairly deprived area further into poverty; it's not just the direct loss of jobs, there will be a knock-on impact on suppliers, hauliers/couriers, the local economy, etc.

Quick look at the vote breakdown for the EU referendum results (marinara sauce) and EU election results (BBQ sauce) for Bridgend...

2016 EU Referendum:
    • Remain: 33,723 (45.3%)
    • Leave: 40,622 (54.6%)

2019 EU Elections:
    • The Brexit Party: 35.7%
    • Labour: 18.4%
    • Plaid Cymru: 11.8%

Nexxo likes this.
  18. RedFlames

They're also represented by Unite union... led by brexit rabid Len McLusky

19. adidan

I'm glad Bercow knows how democracy works.

He's highlighted the ridiculousness of Raab's idea if he becomes PM. He intended to end this sesssion of Parliament so we would just leave in October with MPs not sitting so they couldn't have a say.

Yeah Raab, solve a democratic problem by running away like a coward. Fool.

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder