1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Just about the most unhealthy food I've cooked recently: curry sauce - fine; rice - fine, but carb-heavy; chicken coated in panko breadcrumbs and fried in a lot of oil - yeah that's not so good...

However:

[​IMG]

Wakka, Vault-Tec and goldstar0011 like this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Even though I have IBS pretty bad right now and feel horrible there was a slice of victory. Basically the DPS have reviewed the evidence and I won. So I am getting my deposit back soon. Now it is time to engage the solicitors and take her to court.

[​IMG]

You can clearly see the disparity between the date I handed her the money and the date she paid it into the scheme. It's all been a bit odd really, as they never released that ^ letter to me ever. I should have been sent a copy of that as soon as it was paid in, but nothing was ever received, nor could I view it until today. I would imagine some one there realised they had cocked up as well as her, and didn't send the letter out as I would have noticed it.

Either way I only had until this October to start a legal dispute, so the timing ended up perfect. Had my landlady released my deposit without trying to greedily steal it from me as a last kick in the stomach none of this would ever have happened. My case workers would never have spotted the disparity, nor investigated it, nor ended her up in a world of trouble.

I guess this is what happens when you go around picking fights. Sometimes you get a bloody nose.

silk186, xaser04, perplekks45 and 4 others like this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm glad to see somebody getting somewhere with a crappy landlord. I'm sure you're probably pretty well acquainted with the rules regarding tenancy deposit protection schemes, but for everyone else's benefit: the ex-landlord could be ordered by a court to pay back between 1 and 3 times the original deposit amount if they breach the rules of the protection scheme. No idea why you didn't get a copy of that confirmation, the TDS or DPS are ****-hot on that sort of stuff because of the legal implications. I guess it'll all come out in the wash if it has to go to court...

That's an oddly specific amount for a deposit btw, was that the full amount of the deposit specified in your tenancy agreement? Usually it's in multiples of £10 or £5. Mine was a bloody ridiculous amount; the deposit was £100 on top of 1 month's rent and they wanted an extra £200 because we have cats. It ended up being just a hair under a grand. It's a bloody unfurnished property - any damage done by my cats will be to my stuff ffs.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  4. Vault-Tec

It was a months rent.

We paid a month up front too, so I got that at the end because I stopped the rent when there was 30 days left.

Nice little payday tbh. This deposit is going to my ma, though. She just had a £700 bill for upkeep of her house so me and my bro help her out. It's that or do the work ourselves and my bro has too much on his plate and I'm too ill. I just lose my temper and start throwing things.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Heh. My deposit was £1075. No kids, no smoking, no pets, no furniture. Not even a super nice area (as some of you can attest, having been there to pick stuff up).

It was nice getting it back, mind, but still. I'd have liked a smaller one.

6. Vault-Tec

Yeah she had over a grand out of us all told though and the place was unfurnished and massively unfinished. I had to finish building the kitchen that looked like she'd found it on a skip, decorate the living room partially and etc. And just when I had made it look at least something like a home the leaking began. Which she clearly didn't seem to care about.

Apparently it's still sitting empty, as Environmental Services have a block on the place until all of the work is done. Yet, due to her suing the bloke upstairs he won't give her access to the leak outside lol. She has a great way of making friends.

It's funny because I prefer to flee rather than fight. However, she pushed me just a tad too far and my nana's determination kicked into gear. At every stage I was offered a chance to drop it and walk away, or stay and fight and I chose the latter. Not because I wanted the money back because it wasn't even mine originally but just because I couldn't bear the thought of her taking advantage of some one else, which she clearly does do. Basically she is like one of these people on the TV. Buys dumpy old flats, rents them out and if you complain she simply ups the rent or kicks you out and then gets someone in who will put up with it and just keep paying the rent.

She just made so many mistakes though it's not even funny. Like not doing an inventory because she was too lazy, so I got to dump tons of furniture on her and again she has no recourse at all. That was a real bonus, as I had a whole 3 bedroom smelly old cottage's worth of crap in there my ex moved in.

And yet all of this time she was sitting in her 650k house in Chelsea. IDK man, something just seems massively out of balance.

7. liratheal

There'll always be shitty landlords unfortunately.

At least you're not still there!

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Now that you are settled and this is sorted out, the IBS will likely improve, it's often much worse when you are stressed.

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Watching Farage complaining about Labour actively campaigning on local issues, in the Peterborough by-election, where his candidate was beaten by Labour. :grin::grin::grin:

10. Vault-Tec

Nah it won't man. It has no rhyme or reason just like my mental state and anxiety. I should have absolutely nothing to worry about right now. I have savings, my housing is very secure and I don't have to do anything at all. But sadly it's not as simple as that. God, I wish it were....

Back in the days before I was on Pregabalin (an anti anxiety relaxant) when my IBS was bad I would spend all day on the toilet. Thankfully due to it working with the nervous system I no longer get that chronic diarrhoea. However what I do get is stomach cramps, abdominal cramps, terrible constipation and bloating. And it all seems to roll with my moods. And nothing seems to stop my moods. We've calmed it down an awful lot (I no longer smash things, punch the walls or head butt things) but still it rolls along. It's very, very predictable tbh almost to the point of it being a joke. Like, mum will say "I am worried about you because you are so happy" basically meaning the crash is coming. And it does, every single time, like clockwork. It goes happy/almost manic to anxiety to depression and IBS. In that order, every time.

Thankfully I was manic whilst the move was going on, and actually got stuck right in. Sadly I then crashed, and had a week in bed at ma's clutching my stomach. I used to be able to push through the IBS and just carry on as normal, but now it has me bedridden.

I'd say by now that I am about as good as I am ever going to get from therapy and meds. The meds are spot on, yet still every day is different.

11. liratheal

[​IMG]

So, despite being irritated for four hours by selfish jerkoffs, my Bosch EV1 connector arrived so I could test the DRL theory.

Turns out I didn't make any catastrophic **** ups with amperage and voltage math and fuse picking.

Now to wait for the LED bulbs so I can populate both sides..

Edit: oh my god I love Happy! This show is fantastic.

Last edited: 7 Jun 2019
    The_Crapman, Hex and MLyons like this.
  12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

mmmm. pipe.

Not that awesome, but i sorted our utilities for the next year, saved £120 switching to EDF rather than renewing with EON. I'm useful!

13. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I'm in Jermyn Street, London queueing for a Waterstones book signing event.
    Just met @silk186 to give him a case I've dragged across London, great to meet you mate!
    Back to the big event, I'm waiting to meet one of my musical heroes Geddy Lee from Rush, who's here signing copies of his Bass guitar book. I'm no 282 of a possible 600 people who have tickets to this unique event.
    Bit nervous, it can be dangerous to meet your heroes...

Vault-Tec, silk186 and perplekks45 like this.
  14. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Messed around with my 1080ti.

Ordered up one of the Kraken G12 brackets and then found my spare aio won't fit in the roof of the 275r. Initially a bit annoyed I decided to see what the card would do after a repaste, thorough clean and a custom fan curve...

Turns out just over 2ghz on the core and at least 500mhz on the memory (~2020/11500mhz effective) @ 71c full load (Superposition 1080p Extreme loop). Not bad for a founders edition that was previously would thermal throttle down to under 1800mhz on the core.

15. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Dog-sitting the goodest boye, Jed.
    [​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I've been contemplating going the Kraken route with my 1080Ti. Now I'm more focused on a new CPU, but for longevity's sake I might come back to that idea.

Let me know if you do fit the AIO at some point, please.

17. silk186

silk186 Derp

Likewise, I'm stocked that I will be able to move from a massiveish ATX to a massive ITX case for a lot less than I expected. As a bonus, I'm saving the environment and I got to meet @Arboreal .

18. liratheal

I wasn't prepared for Happy! to get better.

It got better.

This is Trevor Phillips the TV series and I love it.

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Actually, this is Happy the TV series, based on the comic book. :p

20. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Home from London with the enormous Geddy Lee Book duly signed.
    We queued for an hour and 40 minutes and then we're given a book with a post it note with your name on if you wanted it personalised, the staff handed the book over when you reached the front of the queue and someone else took your phone and took photos for you while you had your moment with the man and a quick chat.
    He was very personable and commented on my unusual name, remembering that there was a a Harry Potter character with the same name. No handshakes, but a smile and a fist bump and you're done. It's almost surreal meeting someone I've followed for 35 years and never in a million years thought I'd get to meet.
    Managed not to talk rubbish or trip over my own tongue...
    Bubble not burst, and a happy Rush and bass guitar fan!

IanW, Wakka, perplekks45 and 2 others like this.