1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate (or Swift's Advocate) and suggest the 24 week limit should if anything be raised. There's a decent body of evidence that consciousness does not start until significantly after birth, and I'd argue that would be a better measure than mere autonomic autonomy, which as we've seen can be forced to occur at very early developmental stages, and could potentially be pushed back very close to insemination, if not at insemination as EVE technology develops.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Part of me is wondering whether all these people running just want to be seen running for leadership because it'll look good post-brexit and fits their narrativ so far, but are saying bum**** stupid things hoping that they won't have to shepard this ****show of a Brexit catastrophy and be unemployble in politics forever more.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It's only an assumption but i would guess the amount of terminations leading up to the 24 week time-line is damn low anyhow so what Hunt said seems more like a "look at me" stunt than anything sensible, maybe he felt the other candidate were outdoing him in the fruit-loop stakes.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

AFAIK 90% happen before 13 weeks, later ones are usually due to non-viability (horrid term really), threat to a mother's life and so on. I'm constantly amazed at how it's usually men who seem to be coming up with these ideas.

At this time, it's just one of the most disingenuous distraction points to throw out there.

We seem to be in a race to the bottom to lead a minority government during one of the most important times of our lives.

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Those campaigning for Brexit tried the same tactic, then promptly ran away when it turned out they'd need to actually implement anything. Not that any of them should be expected to learn from the past...

6. liratheal

Politicians don't learn anything that isn't taught with a hot poker, IME.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

No matter which one of the 10 gets the poison chalice, the other 9 will definitely complain post Brexit that the unlucky one did it all wrong and that their plan (none of which have actually been revealed in detail) would have resulted in Sunny uplands rather than a sh*t show.

MLyons and liratheal like this.
  8. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

10. liratheal

Looks pretty optimal to me.

11. adidan

Rory Stewart currently talking, refreshing to hear whether one agrees with him or not.

Not a fan of fairytales.

12. RedFlames

Him and Grieve, they might be sterotypical tories of old... but i'd take either of them over the current shower...

...but sadly not being totally 'i think i'm napoleon and can talk to thatcher's ashes' levels of batshit mental immediately rules out any chance of him winning.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

This is why my baseline opinion on abortion is that men don't get to have an opinion on the matter. It is women who get pregnant, women who have to carry the baby to term and women who have abortions. It is a women's issue; men get no say in this.

Some people argue that men are the fathers of the babies in question so should have a say. Well, sorry, but no. This may seem unfair, but such is nature. Men get to have all of the fun and none of the burden of reproduction, so women get to have all of the power.

edzieba, Goatee and yuusou like this.
  14. RedFlames

15. adidan

Comes to something when 'batshit crazy' is the least extreme of the selection.

16. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

He could probably just tell Mrs May to sword off as she's pretty powerless now, May spends her days playing connect four with civil servants these days.

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

At this rate Rory might as well just apply for the open job of Lib Dem leader instead.

18. RedFlames

I thought that was Grieve's plan.

19. adidan

Wonder how long it'll be before the Bluekippers ask Farage to rejoin the Tory party?

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Secretary of that di*k we stuck with the job of coming up with an actual plan for Brexit is way too long of a title for him to remember.