1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The windows login screen is mocking me, displaying a snowy mountain top scene while I'm being cooked by half a dozen fan heaters, used by ****tards incapable of wearing anything warmer than a hanky.

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

We've got windows open and fans on over here.

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Ours just has Ant and Dec being annoying on it. Office though is humid, windows are locked shut for our safety allegedly, OK we are two floors up and the windows are enormous.
    Just confuses me some of the windows clearly have locks and hinges but you can't open them because of health an safety.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Tooth/jawache...

Thank science for strong painkillers...

5. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Discovering that my body is pretty much intent on killing me - I'm a type 2 diabetic with sleep apnea, and happen to have non-alcoholic fatty cirrhosis of the liver, my kidneys could be up the spout as a result of my diabetes and as a result may need a biopsy. After the amount of pain I was in after my liver biopsy a few months back, I think you can guess my response to that particular request.

I'm not a drinker, nor am I excessively big, although I do fall under the category of morbidly obese. Just having a moment of absolute despair.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Did a short-term contract in the 2017-18 financial year which was PAYE. HMRC, as is their wont, assumed both that the contract would renew in 2018-19 and that I'd have to pay tax on it. It didn't, 'cos it was a short-term contract. Accountant said to get my taxes in prior to the upcoming payment-on-account, and it could be recalculated and would likely drop. So I did.

It's dropped: by £100. I mean, on the one hand I'm still successfully pulling down the dolla-dolla, so yay; on t'other hand, it would have been nice to have owed less tax.

And on the gripping hand: if I did so well last year, where the hell has all that money gone?!

7. RedFlames

Didn't you have a crap-ton of big house/car-related bills last year? Plus the new XPS shiny.

...or was that sarcasm, finding it hard to tell atm.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I had a few, aye. The XPS was the financial year before, tho'; it was the desktop upgrade this time around (which was considerably cheaper.) Both of those were business expenses, too, so they come straight off the bottom line - which is why I pushed the desktop upgrade into the 2018-19 financial year instead of waiting for Ryzen 3 to become available.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I mean.. you also own a miniature human. Or is it two?

I'm given to understand those things suck up money like I do chocolate.

10. Gareth Halfacree

I do, and they do. Also a cat, getting on in years, which costs me approaching £40 a month in pet insurance. Just insurance, that doesn't cover the cost of food and the like on top. Can't reinsure him somewhere cheaper, 'cos he's too old.

I'll miss him when he's gone, but by 'eck my bank balance will be better for it.

11. RedFlames

...until you get another one.

Guest-44638 and liratheal like this.
  12. liratheal

Pets. Not even once.

Edit: there was a tractor pull event near here (next village over) and the after party is absurdly loud. I've just been treated to; backstreet boys, bloodhound gang, venga boys, and now something I recognise and can't identify.

Do tractor people all over the world like really old pop music, or is that a German thing?

Last edited: 19 Jun 2019
  13. mcknzAlex

mcknzAlex What's a Dremel?

I'm having a bad cold, how am I supposed to meet the deadline if I am sick?

14. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I thought it was supposed to be all David Hasselhoff!

15. liratheal

I have heard him on the radio - more than once!

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Ain't no party like a young farmers party :rock:

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Ultimate low maintenance pet, its even bluetooth enabled!

[​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I keep getting missed calls during working hours from either no caller ID or a number that when I try return the call doesn't pick up.

This has happened for the last few days now and they never leave a message which is getting increasingly frustrating.

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I have lots of those, when I do get them it's either 'BT' and i have an internet problem ro some other scammer.

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I did think of that, this looks like a legit mobile number though. Usually scammers have some faux business number so that when you do call back it doesn't go anywhere.

This just rings to answer phone, I tried ringing it back yesterday 2-3 times, rang it from my partners phone and I've tried ringing it withholding my number and no answer....

If it was a one off I'd not be bothered but because they keep ringing and they don't appear to answer when I ring back its making my partner suspicious of who it might be. I'm stressed enough with work and what's happening in my personal life so along with the withheld number and the fact I never receive calls its making me pretty obsessed and anxious, I can't add unnecessary paranoia, low self esteem and hangups to this mix. I can't be someones emotional scaffolding at the moment...

Calls + Paranoid Partner + Stressed out me = Lethal combination