1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Steam sales:
    80% off Game XYZ
    but the DLC to complete the game costs more than a brand spanking new full price AAA shiny.

cjmUK likes this.
  2. oscy

oscy Modder

Activision:
    Recent Call of Duty: £40, 25% off
    Call of Duty from 2013: £40, 25% off

I can see a flash-meme starting...

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If you want a laugh, head to the Amazon Daily Deals page and sort by "Discount - High to Low." Shedloads of low-quality jewellery with inflated RRPs at "90% off!" Makes the Steam Sales look like the world's most transparent pricing structure.

Yaka likes this.
  4. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I sat down and looked at some deals, that is essentially the strategy now - build a good base game, then make a killing on DLC packs at "20% off". Train Sim World, Planet Coaster, Two Point Hospital, Skylines, Civ VI all using this strategy, and those are just titles I was interested in. Kingdom Come Deliverence, which I own on GOG, is one of the worst: loads of DLC including what is considered the best content patch released, and hardly a discount to be had.

It's like buying a printer, they make next to nothing selling the hardware but make a killing on the ink for years.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'm looking at picking up the Royal(?) edition that has all the dlc iirc. 30 quid aint bad for that now, mind you I won't have time till later in the year so hopefully there'll be an autumn sale. :happy:

6. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

The Royal edition is the base game with all the gameplay DLC for £30 odd, which seems like an okay deal I guess. Basically the price of a standard game. For those hardy souls who forked out full price just for the base game however there is no hugely discounted DLC package sadly. Even with the slight steam discount for the DLC you are talking another £25 or so to get all the gameplay content. Edit: I just saw they have a Royal DLC bundle for £12.74 - hopefully they will do the same for GOG.

I notice Elite Dangerous Horizons is now at 75% off at the Frontier main site as well as Steam. I swore I would not pay another £40 just for Horizons, sure enough it is now £6.

I feel for those who bought the lifetime pass. Not sure any huge saving will be had there, although they got other items as well like extra ships and decals.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2019
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Not specifically a gaming bargain, but you can get £10 off a £25 spend on Amazon by installing the browser add-on, if you've not installed it before. Still remains valid if you remove the add-on after claiming, too. Prime subscribers only, sadly.

N17 dizzi and Mr Happy like this.
  8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

If you have amazon prime then this month it is actually worth going to twitch.tv as the free games are all awesome...

Yooka Laylee
    The Escapists
    For the King

All free (plus Cultist Simulator as well)

N17 dizzi and silk186 like this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This month's "Humble Monthly" leads with Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

N17 dizzi likes this.
  10. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Thanks, claimed!

11. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

Age of Wonders 3 is free on steam if you install before 15 July.

N17 dizzi likes this.
  12. Gareth Halfacree

TheC64 Mini down to £30 at Smyths. Emulation (hacked-around VICE on a cheapy Arm board) is a bit wonky, the keyboard's fake, and the joystick is woeful, but you can easily load your own games on it at least - and I think it supports (some) gamepads now.

Amazon, meanwhile, is taking pre-orders for the full-size version at £110, with working keyboard and a proper microswitched joystick. No word on whether the SBC's a bit gruntier and the emulation less dodgy, tho'.

N17 dizzi likes this.
  13. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Hyper Light Drifter and Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden currently free on the Epic Games store

N17 dizzi and perplekks45 like this.
  14. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Free Games on Twitch Prime:

Pumped BMX Pro
    Wonder Boy
    Mable & The Wood
    Automachef

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dirt Rally (Steam) Free @ Humble Bundle when you subscribe to the newsletter

VipersGratitude and goldstar0011 like this.
  16. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Last edited: 31 Aug 2019
  17. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

The End is Nigh and Abzu are free on Epic Games at the moment.

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

There's 50% off Kingdom Come Deliverance and 25% off the Royal Edition and the DLCs at Steam at the moment (A bit odd because you can buy the base game and the Royal Edition DLC bundle for a bit less than the Royal Edition if i'm working it out correctly)

19. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Endless Space Collection (Steam) Free @ Humble Bundle when you subscribe to the newsletter

Anfield and GeorgeK like this.
  20. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder