1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

And it will make...... F**k all difference. God bless stupid laws just for the sake of it, because everything has to be messed around with.

I think I can turn my account business without a VAT number, so I may try that tomorrow.

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Kitty the opossum is back. I think it never left. Gonna try trapping it again tomorrow night.

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Baby had a cardiology appointment at the hospital Friday morning - Turns out the German doctor we saw a few weeks back for a TB check (one of the nurses that worked in NICU had TB - so every baby she came into contact with is now on a 6 month course of antibiotics...) does in fact have phenomenal hearing and did correctly pick up a heart murmur.

He has a small hole between the 2 collection chambers, not enough to cause concern now, but is due to be looked at again in a year. If it continues to grow with him, they will look at the possibility of key hole surgery... Cue mummy worrying about every hiccup, cough and squeak that comes out of him for the foreseeable future...

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Damn dude, must be a worry.

That said, my mate had major heart issues when born and several surgeries as a baby and he's built like a brick shat house now.

Babies are resiliant things. :thumb:

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Internet wasn't working on pc when I got to the office so I gave it a restart. Windows update and its still not even a quarter done

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

To buy it? Drop me a PM if you're stuch, it's still available from other places.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

VPN's literally all I can say

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I thought it was done on address instead of account location

9. legoman

True, we have to use a VPN to connect to a server in our own office as its a privileged access jobbie.
    VPN fell over as did its backup but they told us we cant log in directly to the server because security.... So I cant actually do anything as the tools I use are on said server.

10. MLyons

Maybe they use cloudflare :hehe:

11. legoman

Cloudflare is more stable trust me

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

13. legoman

Our VPN's been down since about 11AM yesterday, even their previous outage makes them a gleaming pillar of reliability compared to the throw a double six to start then get disconnected after 30 seconds.

14. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I'm covering a different job at a different desk (which is a big clue to the office) yet people are asking for stuff to do with my my main job that is being covered by the team and not thinking I'm serious when I say no to those requests, yet I'm sayng yes to requests about the other job.........

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Dented alloy. The one I mentioned a few weeks back? Naaaaaaaa!

The Mrs spotted it a few days ago, I had a 'tyre pressure warning' yesterday that couldn't point to a single alloy. On checking it seemed it wasn't the new dented one but the tyre on the opposite side which in some ways is a relief, the tyres are on their way to the grave so as long as they don't go flat a slow puncture doesn't bother me at this stage. I took the car to the garage last time for the rear alloy and they assured me it was safe to drive and sealed it up with some bead sealer. Since then the pressure has remained entirely the same, no issues (Result!)

This time the car has a very slight vibration on the left side, my partner complained of it prior to noticing the dent. I took the car to my dad so he could drive me around while I experienced it and vise versa. I noticed it slightly but my dad couldn't.

Now I'm stuck....

I sold the remaining BMW alloys I had last year following a dent and needing to replace the alloys for a trip the very next day, I took it on the chin for the sake of my child seeing distant family, but in hindsight the trip and expense was wasted. I ended up with a set of baseline alloys that are such an obscure foreign brand there's no way in hell I'd be able to source replacements (google has 1 result of them even existing). I wasted £579 on alloys that are made from absolute horse **** for the sake of seeing family that spent the entire time in the pub while we skulked around their flat. If we didn't go and I bought the single alloy of eBay I'd be spending £80 on a further replacement now....

I don't drive fast, I don't drive unsafe but if you think you're avoiding potholes on roads local to me you're a dreamer. I can't even recall hitting one hard or fast... its like they're made from tin foil.

There's no way I can afford a new set of alloys without finance, I can't get finances because of my current financial obligations (despite being able to afford it) and so I'm going to probably shell out money on tyres to go on dodgy alloys.

At the end of the day they need to be changed if I ever hope of selling the car.....

wicked.

Last edited: 4 Jul 2019
  16. adidan

The favourite car we've ever owned was the one we had in NZ. It was a bit battered, a Mazda estate, but reliably trudged on for the whole time we were there.

I think the main reason I loved it was because I didn't have to worry about keeping it in great condition and didn't worry if it got banged up.

As soon as you give one iota of a care about a car it becomes expensive. The one we have ain't nothing special but has cost enough over the past couple of years.

I miss that Mazda.

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

It’s not so much about keeping it in great condition, if I didn’t owe anything on it then I’d rag it out until it went to car heaven. when it comes to dying or selling it’s going to be for peanuts... I’d just rather not have to explain it to a potential buyer.

If I can whack some tyres on these alloys safely I shall!

****ing cars.

18. adidan

I get you.

Yeah finance and cars can both do one.

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Despite a clean reinstall of Raspbian and Pihole I cannot get cloudflared's DoH daemon to provide me anything but 'segmentation fault'.

Irksome.

20. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Did you download and install the correct architecture (armv6)?