1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Huawei, time to change?

Discussion in 'General' started by legoman, 7 Jun 2019.

1. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Dad tried seeing how much he could get for his Huawei (can't remember what the model is now, but I think it's just over a year old) and all the phone shops would offer for it was £20.

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Yeah I've jumped ship now. Only one place would take it offered £30 which is a bit crap considering similar handsets are going for around £150 on the same site. Its pretty clear they have killed the prices as they know they wont be able to re sell them so you get the handsets scrap value.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I should pop a Wanted thread over on the Marketplace, see if anyone's got a Huawei newer than my P9 that they'd part with for cheap...

4. mcknzAlex

mcknzAlex What's a Dremel?

I just switch from iPhone to Huawei smartphone a couple of weeks before and now I am worried that the device with malfunction sooner or later. :duh:

5. legoman

Wouldnt so much be malfunction as in apps "may" not work, as mentioned the current handsets are all certified so theory its fine unless software devs start blocking them from future updates.

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

So, It has been announced, that The US and China are resuming talks, Which does also mean a lift (although it's still not come into affect) on Huawei and Google.

Sam

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mean... yes?

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Is it me or do Trumps speaches sound like they come out of a Janet and John book?

edit: for those not aware of said books, they were a series of books in the 80's aimed at pre-school kids to help them learn to read

9. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I was using them in the 70's...

10. Gareth Halfacree

You're both a few decades out: they started as Alice and Jerry in the 1930s, then were Anglicised (from the Australian originals) to Janet and John in 1949.

The More You Know!™

Blademrk likes this.
  11. legoman

If you read that quote an it didnt state it was him you could be forgiven for thinking the person who said it didn't list English as their first, second or third language.

MLyons likes this.
  12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

A person with a gift for learning languages, would likely have put it more eloquently...

MLyons likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

My uncle still has the cd of Terry Wogan and chums doing the naughty Janet And John. It's hilarious :)