1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It might be bigger than the elise... still can't fold myself into one.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

An S2 Evora? Are you over 6'6" and 16st? Because a colleague of mine that could sit comfortably in mine.

If so, I'd suggest anything this side of a Phantom would be a bit cramped!

Unless you're talking about the "rear seat" of course, which is a different matter entirely.Or an S1 Evora, which had significantly higher/wider sills and less interior space.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I'm a sub 6ft shortarse and it was the front passenger seat of a GT430 [it was 2017 model/reg whatever it was] I believe.

4. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Heh. I am 6'6, I guess that rules the Evora out for me!

OT: I was struck by the inspiration fairy, so now have thoughts bubbling away for another lightsaber, but this time with 100% more custom.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Don't be alarmed, I'm a kiwi.

Fingers66 and adidan like this.
  7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Acrylic and dremel ordered. Just need to get some modding cubes from Parvum/@imersa which I'll sort at lunch or tonight and some M3 bolts. Once the acrylic arrives I might start the project log

IanW, perplekks45 and Arboreal like this.
  8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I have used and like Westfield Fasteners for decent fixings, but never did get round to changing my Parvum M3 bolts to stainless steel

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Cheers for the link. I'll probably go with the black hex bolts. I'm hoping to make them invisible anyway but that plan will be in the project log.

10. Arboreal

Nice, Full Ninja!
    I'm quite partial to stainless hex button head bolts for visible fixings.
    I've even experimented with heating them to change their colour for something different

11. MLyons

If i do it correctly when assembled you won't be able to see the bolts. heating isn't something I'd thought of. How did that turn out?

12. Arboreal

I had some unpredictable results with brown/beige and purple colouration but couldn't get that amazing blue you see on motorcycle exhausts. Different composition stainless I guess...

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I thought that was titanium that coloured like that?

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Arboreal likes this.
  15. Arboreal

That's interesting, the chart says 'heated for an hour'. I was just messing with a propane torch for a few minutes...

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Finally caved and clicked on one of those "Apply for an Amazon Mastercard" adverts. Took about three minutes to fill in the form, and I've now got a £30 gift card applied to my account for my troubles. Noice.

IanW, adidan and Vault-Tec like this.
  17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Did you get the gift card without having to make any purchases to qualify?

18. Gareth Halfacree

Yup: apparently I qualified for "instant spend" (no idea what the requirements are), so I got the £30 gift card applied immediately and can spend up to £500 on the card itself before it physically arrives (but only at Amazon.) If I didnt qualify, the gift card would have been applied when the card arrived and I activated it. In neither case do you have to make a purchase.

*However*, there is a sneaky little trick involved: as soon as the card is active ("instant spend" or activated) it becomes the default payment method for your Amazon account - including for anyone who shares your account. You can override it, naturally, but don't let it catch you out!

There's also 1.5% cash back on Amazon spends and 0.75% on third-party spends, given as a £10 gift card balance when you hit 1,000 reward points (around £667 spent at Amazon.) Three months zero percent interest on purchases after activation, but a hefty 21%-ish APR makes it ill-suited to anyone who doesn't pay the balance off in full each month.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2019
    Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

That sounds like such a horrendous ball ache, for next to no reward :sigh:

I have a mate who achieves amazing things with credit cards and cashback etc, but for me it's too much hassle. I was so pleased when contactless phone payments and PayPal checkout became a thing :blush:

20. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder