1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Not ruining, annoying.

It took less than a week to get our first scam phonecall. Automated female American 'from visa' about a '£600 payment' to 'Western Union'. 'Press 1 to cancel the payment'...

GTFOH.

Dunno why I answered tbh, the only people who phone our landline are scammers nowadays.

Oh and my mum. That's a tad less annoying.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Nice suggestion but it's already been dispatched, i figured having a bit more leeway maybe a good thing, i was going to get a £30-40 GPU but plumped for something with a little life in it.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Cat's been a bit poorly recently. Took him to the vet, possible hyperthyroidism. £178 later and a sample of his blood is whizzing its way off to the lab.

Good job I've got insurance, though the £75-plus-10% excess is likely to sting if he needs a radioactive iodine injection or surgery...

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Radioactive iodine you say ?

Your cat is Delusional, get him to the infirmary

finding i can look at fewer and fewer sites as everytime you load onto a site its
    BAM please accept our privicy requirements to view this page
    then before you can move the mouse

BAM we notice you are running an addblocker ( that is currently reporting 25 blocked ad's ) can you please consider turning it off so the ultra loud autoplay adverts can all play on top of one another

its like, dude i just wanted to read this news article... i guess i will try to find it elsewhere

3 websites later... i guess this news article isnt important enough for me to read

Bazz, The_Crapman, Dr. Coin and 2 others like this.
  5. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Standard treatment for thyroid issues, even in humans...

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yeah i know, i was making a Chernobyl reference

7. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

If you mean the TV series, it was lost on me (not watched it; no plans to).

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There's a fun twist to this, too: sites which cite sites which cite sites which cite sites which are the original source. It's particularly fun when someone sends a link in as a news tip, and the site says "according to Site X," so you click through - assuming they bothered to actually link - and find that Site X says "a report on Site Y", so you click through and Site Y says "in an interview with Site Z..."

Obviously, at each step you need to dismiss all the notifications you've mentioned.

CITE. THE. ORIGINAL. SOURCE. Furrfu.

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Don't forget "very loosely translated from site AA."

10. Gareth Halfacree

Or, eight sites deep, "according to DigiTimes..." <sighs, closes tab>

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

My Corsair CX650M is bloody loud all of a sudden. That's the 3rd CX series PSU with the same fan bearing issue I've had. I'm done with their low quality PSUs and just ordered an RM750X.

12. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Realising a job interview offer went into my spam box 8 days after the interview date???
    Bad day

13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Did it get really click/clack, like you'd stuck a peice of card in the fan? Happened to mine too. I replaced the stock fan with a be quiet silent wings, totally inaudible now.

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Trying to get Travel Insurance.

Loads of companies provide cover for skiing, snowboarding, even shark cage diving. Yet say the words downhill and mountain bike and you would think I had just donned a white robe and set fire to a cross.

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

You should see what they did to my.... :eyebrow:

adidan likes this.
  16. adidan

Seems bizarre, a lot of the Alpine resorts you ski down you can go down on mountain in the off season.

Edit: Now i've never used these so i can't vouch for them but they seem to be a ski based insurer that also caters for mountain bikers https://www.snowcard.co.uk/mountain-biking-travel-insurance

Looks like they're underwritten by a big firm, may be worth checking out?

fix-the-spade likes this.
  17. perplekks45

No, the fan sounded like the bearing is out of balance. A little like grinding gears. It has stopped now, so I cancelled the order for the RM series PSU. Maybe I should get a new fan as well. Anything I should know before replacing the stock fan?

18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That's who I've gone with, you were not the first person to bring them up and a few of my biking buddies have experience with them.

Insurers seem to consider 'mountain biking' as pootling along gravel or tarmac paths by lakes. As soon as the words lift assisted, downhill, enduro etc get involved their extreme sports alarm sets off.

adidan likes this.
  19. perplekks45

Well, things just got a lot worse. Got a call from the hospital my mum's in right now that she had an allergic reaction to some antibiotic today, is in intensive care now and if I didn't have a patient decree they probably wouldn't be able to save her. Luckily I have one here and am legally in a position to ask/tell them to do everything they can to help her. But how am I going to sleep tonight? Not at all, that's right.

Damn....

20. adidan

Jeez dude, sorry to hear, fingers crossed for you both.