1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The psu fan is only voltage controlled with a strange 2 pin connector. Some macgyvering required.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

@perplekks45 Just read this on my to log off for the night, not good news. Hang in there, we'll be thinking of you.

perplekks45 likes this.
  3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Thanks for the pictures, might try it soon. If I have detailed questions, I'll shoot you a PM.

4. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Got fired for some bulls*** reason at work a couple days ago. I got fired on the 12th of this month. They said they felt I'm not a good fit for their company. Bull frigging s***. I have been there for a year and a month..... Oh well I managed to land a job shortly after I got let go. Money is money after all. Just have to manage my budget a bit differently now.

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

MyHermes and Parcel2Go - AKA Dumb & Dumber of the courier world...

A set of brakes sent to Portugal 29th May, address query raised but no notification given (even though you provide both a mobile number and email address at booking...). A month later and I get a PayPal dispute from buyer saying they haven't been delivered - go check tracking, all kinds of entries that mean nothing, last one dated 23rd June saying "on it's way back to retailer". Multiple "chats" to Parcel2Go support, get told it's stuck in MyHermes system and could take anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks to be returned. Another 2 weeks later, now over 7 weeks since I dropped the parcel off, still no updates. Try to go direct to MyHermes - "this parcel number is associated with a 3rd party, please contact them directly".

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Got around their ticket system by using a different parcel number then highlighting the actual issue in the message. See if they actually know where the bloody box is and how long it's going to take to get back to me...

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I'd have put a delta in there to be honest. Need to make sure everythings cool...

The_Crapman likes this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The bloods are back: cat's definitely got hyperthyroidism. Radioiodine injection: £2,200, plus £22 a day for him to stay until he's not glowing in the dark any more 'cos there's no chuffin' way we can adhere to the "keep him in a separate room away from children for a month" rules in this tiny house.

I really, *really* hope the insurance coughs up.

8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

So; not a lotta change from two-and-a-half large, then?

Wait; a MONTH...??

9. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

With humans it is the same. They encourage that the person who has reviced treatment have a separate bedroom and bathroom. If you work at a nuclear power plant you have to take time off so you don't set off radiation alarms.

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It's not been on in a while, so I can pull it open if need be. Need to build it a small enclosure to retain the cables and stop the cats trying to chomp on them.

It'd certainly be cool, especially since it's only used to power 2 fans nowadays. Although those 2 fans live either side of the bed and the psu under, so wouldn't be particularly conducive to sleep.

11. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Never had that problem w/ my lil' furball...

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Thinking of you dude. Hope things improve.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Android emulators don't play with Hyper-V installed, but I need Hyper-v to keep Ford stuff and Java stuff away from my main install.

I thought I'd lucked out with Android-x86 and some Hyper-V trickery, but so far the going is slow and rather frustrating.

I also can't make it play ball using Android Studio or even Visual Studio, although both purportedly use Hyper-V under the surface as the means of emulating. Also not convinced that's the right way to go about a permanent Android emu..

Edit: Apparently the trick to making android-x86 work on hyper-v was grumbling about it on the internet.

Edit2: The mouse tracking is horrendous, and the app I wanted this all for doesn't seem to respond to keyboard input. No bother, the app is only a game and the game is dying anyway.

Last edited: 19 Jul 2019
  14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Left my phone on a train on the way back from holiday last night, lovely week ending on a :( Damn slippery short pockets!

15. GeordieStew

GeordieStew Minimodder

I was out for coffee with colleagues on Wednesday. Got back home, no house key. No spare. Damn slippery short pockets. Fortunately it was on the sofa in the coffee shop.

16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Realised as I walked out of the station but was too late by then, and this was almost midnight last night, so my fiancée found some numbers to call and a contact form thingy when we got in and is going to contact them today so fingers crossed.
    Of course I've no way of finding out if she's successful till I get home as I can't access my email either thanks to two factor authentication haha.

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

(Mandatory) Fun Day at work :rollingeyes:

MLyons likes this.
  18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Thanks, mate. I'll speak to the neuro surgeons today, so fingers crossed they have good news. My mum's still kept in the ICU, but she's stable.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  19. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Getting paranoid that this PC upgrade I have planned is going to go anything BUT smoothly, at the acquisition stage... I just want the bits bought and delivered faster than possible.

I'm usually quite patient, but this is testing my limits.

20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

D'you know what you're doing?

You're over-thinking it.

Don't think I'm being a d!ck, I totally understand. Recently I wanted to paint a bike frame. I spent a month over thinking it to the point of brain implosion. I bought a stand to hold it whilst I painted it. A tent in case it rained and even a second paint kit @ £35 just in case I f***ed up.

Wanna buy a tent/rain shelter or a paint kit dude? Never even opened : D

In the end I bashed it out in about 6 hours total.

I think auties suffer from doubt to the point of exhaustion. Try to relax (I know, it's worthless me saying that because I know there's 0 chance of that actually happening.

Guest-44638 likes this.