1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Backing up a Blu Ray.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vault-Tec, 19 Jul 2019.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Hi guys and girls. Recently I bought a very expensive Blu Ray movie (£65!) and thus am terrified of playing the actual disc. It has now sold out, so to all intents and purposes it is irreplaceable. They only made about 200 total.

Can any one point me in the right direction as in software? something I can extract the contents with so I can re-encode it to make it playable on other devices also?

Obs I understand one needs a blu ray drive, but it's worth it to make sure I don't lose it.

Cheers.

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

MadGinga, adidan and Dr. Coin like this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Awesome thank you. Will order a drive later :)

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Of course you can also create an ISO image but you would need a Blu Ray writer to recreate it (more expensive than a reader).

5. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

MakeMKV is great for content. If you want disk menus and other features other software will be required. I use the MakeMKV and handbrake for my Plex library.

6. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Ditto, I keep the mkv file as an archived backup after creating an MP4 for my NAS. I must have over 200 DVD's in the loft gathering dust.