1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Thaifood

Thaifood Minimodder

just brought myself an acer helios 300 (2019) gaming laptop! i think it's a thing of beauty

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Misreading due to recently buying nice toys and having the 3000 series on your mind, no need to apologise :)

perplekks45 likes this.
  3. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

One of the first things I check when compiling my wish list... does 'board support 3x00 CPU's with BIOS flash...?
    Thankfully, RoG Strix B450-F can legally marry an R5-3600... as can an MSI X470 Gaming Pro; subject to stock availability when I get the folding.

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I miss the good ol' days when if your CPU had the same number of pins as the socket (or vice versa), it worked.

5. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Got a £150 Karcher K2 with patio cleaner on Amazon Prime Day via warehouse for £68 - and it was only missing the detergent. Looks like someone opened it, took the detergent, and returned it. That's fine, I wasn't even planning to use it.

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Catching up on some gaming;
    Handy thing about being so behind is the cheapness of them compared to their original prices
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

IanW and adidan like this.
  7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

This is a method I also advocate. :thumb::happy:

goldstar0011 likes this.
  8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

This is my PC upgrade strategy...

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

One spring broke, may as well refresh the lot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Jul 2019
  10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Nah, just do it in pairs, it saves the wallet and springs don't break that often so as to be a reliable indicator of the state of the others.

Guest-44638 likes this.
  11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, the disappointment won't sting quite so much. TBF, I haven't tried Infinite - the other two were so crushingly bland that I couldn't stomach a third helping.

12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Cant get away with it unfortunately, looks like it didn't take took kindly to the full loading I've had to give it the last few weeks. Both rears are were in bad condition plus the right shocks misting. Price given for a full kit and alignment is pretty good anyway.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I died a death inside and pretty much gave up with gaming at the end of dedicated servers, I'd sooner put my nuts in a food blender than suffer P2P gaming, so 6 or 7 quid for a couple of hours of single play will work for me.

14. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

[​IMG]

Huge Good Omens fan, had to pick this up - can't wait for it to arrive and see the knowing looks from fellow fans

Dr. Coin and goldstar0011 like this.
  15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Enjoyed the book, watched the trailer, didn't even start the series. :yawn:

16. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

I thoroughly enjoyed the series, the interaction between Sheen and Tennant is absolutely brilliant, Anathema could have been cast better, a bit less pretty maybe? I wasn't terribly sure about the Them, but on the whole, I enjoyed it. Josie Lawrence as Agnes Nutter was a brilliant choice for me though.

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I am not a fan of what they seem to be doing to most book adaptations for TV/cinema. To me it almost always seems to stray too far from the original and/or look trashy due to budget (especially true for TV productions).

BTT: A nice cappuccino at a bakery in the morning before it got too hot to breathe outside.

18. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

:grin:

Here's the real stuff...
    https://odonnellmoonshine.co.uk/product/odonnell-moonshine-roasted-apple-07cl/

Mixes really well with Virgil's Root Beer/Vanilla Cream Soda/Cherry Cream Soda. Local Co-op stock these where they have an assortment of American foods.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Infinite Warfare is so nearly good, except for all the celebrity characters lining up to die as heroically and stupidly a spossible. The sheer levels of stupidity on display in the game veers into parody a times, but it's still one of the better campaigns in Recent Call of Duty games.

On the other hand, Lewis Hamilton gets blasted to smithereens, which is quite something.

m0o0oeh likes this.
  20. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Every now and again I manage to stumble across something I was actually looking for on eBay:

Original Rampage (x48) board complete in box with all accessories (may be missing the little lcd boot add on). Everything bar a single SATA cable and I presume the i/o shield are BNIB (the i/o shield is sealed back in the original bag it came in so hard to tell).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also picked up a couple more dual GPU's for my growing collection:

[​IMG]

HD5970 and HD7990.

Former doesn't display anything so has to be sent back. About to test the latter so fingers crossed it actually works! Wouldn't mind doing a GTX690 / HD7990 shoot out tbh.

EDIT: IT WORKS!! Wooo!

:)

Last edited: 25 Jul 2019
    The_Crapman likes this.