1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

[​IMG]

When I can be bothered, probably tomorrow, I'm going to paint the wrist do-dad to be a radar type screen.

I still need to decide whether I want to actually build a small IF force and thus need to do a unifying base scheme, or whether to just do what I did with the Wyches and just do whatever the brush feels like doing..

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  2. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Go-go custard marines! Looking good there budski.

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

amazing as always Lira, nice to see you back to painting

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Isn't the series going to be based on the Eisenhorn books? so...

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

So, no idea. Not read them

6. liratheal

I'm still not sure what to make of contrast paints. I'm getting consistent results doing; light grey primer, black contrast in the splits and dark bits, yellow contrast in two layers, averland sunset thinned so it just barely covers the contrast pooling spots, and then detailing over the top - It seems mostly a brush-acceptable version of my airbrushed averland sunset/cassandra yellow.

I still have a few little things to do on the right hand one, and then some crime-hiding weathering, but these are my Primaris Lieutenant's before they go up for sale;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[ZiiP] NaloaC and adidan like this.
  7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Awesome work.

For some reason i game my GW models to my cuz in my teenage years.

Not had any, nor painted any since. Only got myself to blame.

8. liratheal

I did the same when I first gave up on this hobby. If I'd kept them I'd have hundreds of crappily (I airbrushed them some horrific green, no primer, just green. It was as awful as it sounds) painted models to strip and repaint. And a fairly (un)healthy amount of them being Catachan's. Easily the best Guardsmen.

9. adidan

Ha, sounds like my painting 'skills' back then.

I even sold a bunch of White Dwarf too, although i have a couple of magazines left. In a box with all my Fighting Fantasy books iirc.

Maybe at some point i'll look into it again, i do remember the painting being both frustrating yet therapeutic.

This thread makes it tempting though, some handy work about.

liratheal likes this.
  10. liratheal

That's definitely how I find painting. Nothing in painting annoys me more than missing with my brush, or touching something that looks dry but isn't (A small benefit of summer, I suppose, paint drying so fast) and smudging the last ten minutes.. Or not noticing and putting fingerprints in paint all over the model.

11. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

I physically can't bring myself to hobby anymore. The time I lived with my ex has affected my hobbying greatly. Because I've had to sell so much stuff I didn't want to part with to make rent, I'm now in that state where anything I buy stays in its shrinkwrap because it's more saleable that way. I know I'm in no fear of having to sell stuff because I have a full time job and no longer have to keep a roof over two people's heads and food in our bellies, but I can't conquer this psychological wall. .

12. liratheal

That sucks man. I have the opposite problem - I have to work hard not to start things and never completely finish them because I get sidetracked by something else. Partly why I've implemented a new rule - Whatever I'm painting has to be sold before I buy anything else.

In a related note, last few things done, crime-hiding complete, and two Lieutenants listed on ebay;
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

adidan and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Finally made up a proper little carry-case for when I'm on the road:

[​IMG]

adidan and liratheal like this.
  14. adidan

This pleases me and I cannot explain why.

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I'm often on the road 2-4 days a week. It kinds ruins my hobby progress (I am stealing that term from "The Independent Characters" podcast), as when I get home, or am home, I have a farm to maintain as well. So when I am on the road doing site visits, evenings spent in a hotel are usually boring evening doing a whole lot of nothing.

So, take the 5-man team of Primaris I've been working on for months now, I can now take them with me and all the paints I need to work on them.

Next in line in a test paint on an Inceptor and Aggressor primaris, then onto the Chaplain.

I also bought a Phobos Captain off the 'bay as my Chapter Master (Lias Issodon for the Raptors) as the model suits it perfectly.

I'm looking forward to what GW reveals on Saturday as it's looking like there will be a spate of new Primaris models (lieutenants included of course). From the blurred screenshots, there looks to be a lightweight dreadnought, a new Librarian and potentially some heavy weapons and new standalone scouts.

Also, Enforcers (NOT Arbites) are going up for pre-order for Necromunda, so there's another €90 being spent!

The new girlfriend has bought me the core manual for Kill Team, so I'm hoping to give that a go over the summer as well.

16. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

GW have been really killing it recently, the new enforcers are absolutely fantastic

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Agreed Gill! I've got every gang released so far, though I've not bought any of the FW stuff except for a weapon pack for both the Escher and Van Saar, also picked up a pair of Ambots.

Hoping to pre-order all the Enforcer stuff next week.

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

5-man Primaris team 90% done. Getting there.

[​IMG]

adidan and liratheal like this.
  19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

coming soon to every ork army -

[​IMG]

and the not-quote-grav-rhino... now GW are just trolling imo,