1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2019 thread - Season Over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 25 Nov 2018.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Kind of agree, if Bottas signs for another team it will kick off the merry go round. Given hes hot an cold performance and infighting with his team mate I would go with RoGro being given his marching orders.

Have to say Sainz in 5th did well, also more importantly he wasn't lapped, Lando may have been higher but there were some issues with his engine or something like that?

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

RBR being so quick is good to see. They turned it around pretty quickly. Clearly, the engine work Honda is doing is working.
    Merc making a correct strategy call was also nice to see.
    Lewis and Max having a good battle, and for once, Max didn't cry about losing out at the end.
    Seb's late lunge on Leclerc was somewhat unexpected, but I could also see that being a situation of "standing team orders".

Besides that, I agree that the driver market centres around Bottas. It's the best seat in the house that may open up.
    The only ones I am not sure about is Haas.
    It seems that one second KMag is good, but harsh, and the next, Grosjean is slightly ahead, and complaining about something...
    They could just fire both, get Ocon in one seat, find another young driver (maybe Gasly, considering he's likely gone at the end of the season).

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Lando got f**ked over with a botched pit stop.

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

HAAS have an inconsistently performing car, with 2 of the most inconsistently performing drivers on the grid. Ocon would inject some much needed speed, but unless a year out has humbled him, pairing him with either current driver (or Gasly) would just cause the same headaches they already have - inter-team conflict.

They need to poach someone who has speed, but none of the attitude, like Hulk or Perez, who can give them a baseline to work from.

Bottas looks broken again. The fact that Max is only a couple of points away from him in the WDC is evident he isn't top-team material imo. Gasly too - I said last year his Bahrain performance was just a flash in the pan, this year it was Silverstone. Problem is, RBR burnt so many bridges that they have no one else available (Albon needs to finish his rookie season, Kvyat has been there and done that)... Unless they can convince double Formula E champ JEV to come back??

5. legoman

JEV could be possible, but then he is doing so well in FE would he want to? On the plus side FE is such close racing you really can see who is a good driver and its clear that he is.

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Except Hungaroring is from car viewpoint a Monaco version 2. Which is a track which fits RBR and is the worst possible track for Ferrari. I expect RBR to dissapear on Spa and Monza, and then come back at Singapore.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

JEV has already said that unless it's Merc, Ferrari or Red Bull and big money up front he's happy staying in FE. I don't really see it happening.

My predictions now:
    Occon to Merc
    Kvyatt to RB
    Ferrari stay the same.

Bottas managed to damage his front wing a little on Hamilton, then a lot on Leclerc, not a great advert. Plus Max is now right on his backside for points.

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I wonder about Perez. There is usually a rumour or two around him and it's been surprisingly quiet this season (Obliterating Stroll is hardly news worthy). I can't see RP moving forward and a move to Haas or Renault mightn't be a bad opportunity.

While Merc seem to have an impact on seats, it seems a straight choice between Ocon and Bottas. Haas will be the key, if they replace 1 or both drivers. Bottas/Ocon, Hulkenberg and I'm going to Perez to the list would be the drivers I would target.
    Importantly, would Grosjean or KMag get a seat at another team or will we see them in FE next year?

The Gasly situation could end up a straight Gasly-Kyvatt swap. 1 more season for another Junior to appear or Gasly to get his act together. I do wonder tho has Albon kept Kyvatt honest and ultimately both are facing the axe should the situation be different.
    Loosing Riccardo and Sainz has to rank a massive blunder and mismanagement of drivers both looking great drivers. At least with can be JEV and Buemi it can be argued hindsight is 2020.

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

OK, I'll play... just need a quick toke on this...

Ocon to Merc
    Gasley out
    KMag & RoGro out
    Kyvat tells Dr Evil to do one and goes to Haas with Bottas
    Albon to RBR
    Wehrlein and Buemi to TR
    Ricciardo to question his decision-making process
    Hulkenberg to continue the journeyman endurance challenge
    Perez to wonder what happened to his career
    Stroll to wonder why papa can't make it go faster
    Williams to consider becoming a racing team again

Damn, that's good sh!t

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I don't see Buemi returning to Red Bull owned team.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, that's what stands out in that list...

:lol:

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Ocon to Merc
    Gasly goes back to RBR a la Kvyat before joining the ex-RBR young driver club in Formula E
    Kvyat replaces Gasly for the rest of the year before being shat on... again.
    RoGro and K-Mag disappear, Steiner suddenly has a nice shiny new patio.
    Hulkenberg, Ricciardo and Perez question their life choices.
    Stroll keeps his seat for as long as daddy warbucks can keep the team afloat.
    Williams keep Kubica on as a mascot and Bottas finds himself back there thinking the last few years were a dream.

13. legoman

Yeah can see him with most other teams but not anything Rebull related

14. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Random crazy prediction:
    Perez Hulk reunion, at Haas. (after both Grosjean and Kmag given the boot)

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

16. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Drivers and teams will be pleased to have to do ANOTHER race then.

17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Next year McRenault (actually McChevy) will be doing the full Indycar season!

No word if Eyebrows will join them, but if he really wants the Indy 500 no doubt he will.

18. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Wonder if they'll underestimate the requirements and trundle around at the back

19. legoman

20. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest