1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Destiny: New Light and Shadowkeep are being pushed back to an October 1st 2019 release.

I'm actually completely fine with this, they're delaying it because they don't think it's ready enough and tbh just about everything in the world is launching in September so not having it compete with my Borderlands 3 time will be nice.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48032

• The World First for the new Raid Garden of Salvation will begin on Saturday, October the 5th 2019. It’s a weekend Raid race and Contest will be active
    • We’re extending Moments of Triumph through to September the 17th 2019 – you’ll have three more weeks to complete this year’s challenges and unlock all of the in-game and Bungie rewards
    • We’re going to run an additional Iron Banner the week of September the 17th 2019 as well
    • Cross Save will come online later this month, so you’ll have time to sort out your Friend Lists well ahead of Shadowkeep

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Is anyone grinding out the Solstice Armour?

I have got to the Legendary Armour on my Titan, and now working on my Warlock but oh my is it a grind!

It's fun though because I have not seen the Destiny 2 playerbase on all planets actually working towards something that will benefit others as well, instead of just themselves, normally you see people running to a Public Event and just complete it quickly because they just want to get the materials etc where as now they are actually working on making them herioc, I have seen people typing in the chat that there is a "HVT" where they are so people can run over and shoot it so it counts for everyone.

As for Shadowkeep I am glad they have delayed it, but let's hope it's not full of bugs still because that would be bad for Bungie!

Hex likes this.
  3. Hex

I was grinding for Solstice armour on my Hunter but honestly doing 10 strikes from the playlist is my stumbling block. I don't do strikes usually. They take so long and I get bored and people always leave and soloing them is a chore. Yesterday I wasted 45 minutes because we started The Corrupted, one guy immediately left (I should have too and probably will if I get that strike again) me & the other guy ploughed through until he died one too many times and quit and I waited for someone else to join, but nope... so attempted to solo the main boss and I just can't. I'm not good enough. I don't have Malfeasance yet because that strike breaks me. So I just switched Destiny off and did something else. Made me sad because I had enjoyed the grind until I got to Strike Playlists (yeah, I actually like Gambit & PvP /shrug )

Oh and PSA: Don't 'store' the Lord of Wolves or LaserTag emblems you may have just got. They don't get stored, they get deleted. Should be fixed in a patch later on. RIP my LoW emblem...

4. Hex

Is this somewhere other than PC cos it is so far from my experience! I've just missed 3 HVTs in a row because I was sat waiting for them and someone spawned in and power weaponed them before I could get to where they were. I've never known so many public events abandoned either. Usually everyone makes them heroic (OK, not the ether drain thing because...) but this week I've watched people run right past them and ignore all the PEs. I'm so frustrated with this grind. It's being made way harder by people AFKing and leaving :(

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

You are on my friends list, I will be on from 2pm today so if you decide later that you want to do the strikes drop me a message and I will join you.

I have done my Warlock and Titan now, both have there Legendary Armour but only just started on my Hunter so I think I have done the strikes but I can always run through them with you.

The Blue armour is the mind killer though:
    50 EAZ chest's
    100 EAZ Mini-Bosses (easy in a team of 3 and you farm the right version of EAZ)
    1500 orbs collected not made but collected
    75 kills with solar, arc or void weapons in the crucible and you have to actually kill them iirc not just shoot them, and you can only use one damage type which is dependent on your class, so for the Titan it is Arc (Thunderlord, Misfit or EP SMG are what I used), Solar for the Warlock (Prometheus Lense and the Avalanche LMG are what I used), Void for the Hunter so I will use Hardlight and the Hammerhead
    25 Patrols on a specific planet again dependent on class, Titan it's IO, Warlock it's Titan and Hunter I believe it's EDZ

For my hunter the killer is going to be the void grenade kills, but you can just load up the Last Wish raid and get some raid banners, go to Shiro Chi or what ever her name is and just kill the mobs there, it would have been nice to use Orpheus Rig boots but the void grenade kills task is on the blue boots so yeah they thought of that, although today is the Void Burn so when running around doing stuff I will be throwing grenades constantly.

***Edit***

Just thought if anyone else is doing this grind and wants someone to run it with you can add me on Battlenet for now, until it moves to Steam on 1st October

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/4/4611686018467237847/Techno2k8

Last edited: 5 Aug 2019
    Hex likes this.
  6. Hex

Cheers! I've done the 10 strikes on my Hunter now. It was mainly awful due to getting The Corrupted almost every time and that strike being awful to solo when people leave because they've died too many times. I did get Warden twice in a row though which was nice because you can kill him before he's even got a chance to see you :D

It's such a shame nobody seems to be helpful on PC (at least not for me), on Xbox people always helped each other and emoted after strikes/PEs. PC is a bit more me-me-me. At least I can play on Xbox again soon with my proper characters!

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I am tempted to get an Xbox One X because of the whole character save thing, but I would have to buy Forsaken and the Annual pass again, which after buying it for the PC and PS4 I don't know if I can really be bothered.

On the PC, as long as I am not doing anything specific I am happy to help people run stuff.

I managed to get the malfeasance quest done, last week it was a real chore!

So you get to the Strike and find everything has Void shields pretty much, then you get through most of it and find you are going a different way to normal and you have a different end boss, but it helps having another person with you.

Then the bit that just drained me was the Gambit afterwards, you have to win 10 games and deposit 500 motes, but if you deposit say 20 in your first game and don't deposit anymore or loose any, then in your next game you only collect 10 and loose them, your progress reset's to 0 because, it has a 2x penality on loosing motes, I lost a total of 100 when I did that part so yeah it's a pain.

Then after you have done that you have the final annoying part which is to kill 25 players, either them invading you or you invading them, and you have to also kill 4 players in a single invasion or have a team mate kill 4 players in a single invasion 3 times.

The real kicker though is that you need to kill the 25 players before it will count you killing 4 in a single invasion, I did it twice before killing the 25 players and it didn't count, then once I had those 25 kills I invaded again and got the 4 kills and it counted, it's a shame you were not in that game and on that step because I invaded everytime I could and killed all 4 of them each time, and 1 time I killed 1 just as they spawned with the Titan hammers that explode and 2 of his team mates spawned just as he died which caused them to die so I got 7 kills on a single invasion, I got some funny messages after that.

This was one of my games yesterday whilst doing the Warlock Blue Armour

[​IMG]

I still need to go through the mission that is only available every 3 weeks or so on the Dreaming city for the Wishender Bow, Thorn Quest, Rose Quest, Jotunn, the Sniper that looks like a sword and also the Acrius Shotgun I need to finish that off as well.

8. Hex

If you wait until October I'm fairly sure there's going to be a Shadowkeep bundle that's got everything. I don't have Forsaken/Annual Pass on Xbox which is why I don't play it there any more. It's a shame because my PC Hunter (main) has a weird face and I hate it. So, the helmet stays on.

I have almost all the Exotic quests that aren't (easily) soloable sat waiting for the final part because even overpowered I can't finish them alone and I don't play well with others, so they're just rotting away! I'll forever have Rose and not Thorn! I still don't have any of the seals because of a few of these, but also Wayfarer is locked behind 2 RNG drops and they just do not drop for me... So I gave up even trying for things like that. I mainly just get on, play crucible and gambit and do some PEs.

9. Hex

10. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I had D2 on release and played up to the end of Curse of Osiris (IIRC that's what it was called.) Have recently re-installed it but not sure what I have to do now.

Do I have to buy Forsaken to continue? The bundle is 34.99! I'm not sure I want to pay that..

11. Hex

I wouldn't buy anything until Shadowkeep if I was you. There will be different bundles then as DLC will no longer work the same way. If you've just reinstalled it, I'd say play the content you have, check out how different it is, do some Solstice grind ( you can't get all the Triumphs without Forsaken and the Annual Pass, but I think you can still do some of it). Then decide if you want Shadowkeep on October the 1st.

--

I double checked the editions and stuff and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep comes with Curse of Osiris and Warmind (not that useful for you as you have those), but this is handy "Destiny 2: Shadowkeep does not require ownership of any previous Destiny 2 expansions to purchase or play." The annual pass was hit'n'miss honestly. It introduced some cool things, but the Black Armory was a nightmare at first as I, and many others, were too low level and got completely locked out of new content. As a result I didn't really do any of it and didn't start playing properly again until Season of Opulence. Forsaken is really good, I loved the story (even though it's so sad).

Honestly, if you're just getting back in, I would play what you have and see how it feels, but be aware it's all changing again in October! Don't get Forsaken yet. If you like it and want the pre-order stuff, grab Shadowkeep before October the 1st 2019. If you're still not sure, just wait until October and try it. With Destiny 2: New Light coming out, you can play with friends who don't own the paid game (also those who played on a different system with cross-saves). Forsaken will no doubt be cheaper later and you won't need it to play Shadowkeep. You won't need Shadowkeep either really, going forward all new areas from DLC will be available to everyone you just won't be able to do DLC specific activities like the raid/story quests, etc. But you'll get a taste of it so you can decide which DLC you want to buy and which you'll skip.

Digi likes this.
  12. Digi

Appreciate the run down. I'll have a look and wait on purchases until later.

Hex likes this.
  13. Hex

I'll put a post up in a bit with all the details, but don't spend too much time trying to max out gear if you do get on. On October the 1st EVERYONE will be put to 750 Power (Light for you D1 folks). That's New Light people, veterans, all the gear in your pockets, at the postmaster and in your vaults! So infusing stuff just for the sake of it isn't worth it right now - save your glimmer/materials!

Digi likes this.
  14. Digi

I had heard about this from a friend. It's making all the gear obsolete. I think i'll just do some PvP and muck about and play other things until October then. :thumb:

15. Hex

That's more the Armour 2.0 thing than bumping up the Power. It's not really obsolete either as it depends how you play as to whether you'll switch to Armour 2.0 immediately. I'll probably keep a lot of the stuff I maxed out for a while, at least on my main, I got the rolls I wanted so it's not going to suddenly be useless. Unless I luck out and get a 2.0 drop with the right elements/stats on it I won't switch for a bit.

Digi likes this.
  16. Hex

I still really want to write up a quick TL;DR of Luke's Smith's Director's Cut but before I do that, here's the Shadowkeep trailer from Gamescom yesterday!

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So I ended up getting an Xbox One X, and Forsaken with the Annual pass.

Waiting now for Cross Save.

On the PC though I finally managed to the Thorn and I have started on the Lumina/Rose quest.

I also got another part of the Acrius quest done, now got the raid element of it do but don't know if I will ever bother with it, and I also finally managed to get the 45 triumphs for the Bad Ju Ju catalyst.

Still got other stuff that I want to do, and I am hoping that quests etc carry over with Cross Save, I think I saw that it doesn't but will be interesting to see if it does or not.

18. Hex

Cross Save is live now! I had the issue where activating one account de-activated the others. Was very frustrating, but I finally found a browser I'd never used for Bungie and it worked!

https://www.bungie.net/cross-save

Once you've activated all your accounts you choose one to be your main and that's the account that you use everywhere. The other accounts don't get deleted, but you can't use them unless you de-activate cross-play. You can de-activate at any time, but you can't re-activate it again for 90 days.

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

About to make my Upload Bandwidth scream Upload Screams.PNG :hehe:

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Just over 3 hours till Shadowkeep, got munchies at ready and have the day off work tomorrow so late night and then early rise in the morning to play it.