1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I may be blonde but my boobs are way too small. :hehe:

adidan likes this.
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The build is fairly recent (mid march) and there are no other symptoms that would suggest a dead/dying CMOS battery.

I have a couple of ideas but I'll probably have to spend a few hours swapping things out to confirm.

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I get that, currently 13st 4 so my lowest in years, noticing around my less overhanging gut which is nice. Docs using the usual BMI rubbish say I'm overweight but to look at me I'm normal, my main problem is I have very muscular legs and shoulders.

That also throws in an added bonus fun round of, no trousers fit me. waist is a 34, but my thighs mean you have to go to a 36 if you want to actually be able to either get them on, or walk for that matter.

4. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Stopped breathing last night. One of the trip switches went out during the storm and stopped my CPAP machine from working.

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Considering a cheap UPS for it?

6. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Will be looking into it, but it's something of a freak occurrence, hasn't happened since I've had the machine, but it doesn't make it any less scary when it does happen.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Formatting a 64gb memory stick to exFAT as it was the only option, then spending an hour transferring 60gb of files to it before finding out that doesn't work.

Had to download a software app to format it FAT32 then do the painfully slow transfer again. I hope it works this time.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Speaking as a Linux user, screw exFAT. It only exists 'cos Microsoft couldn't block royalty-free FAT32 implementations so invented a new format it *could* control.

That said, at least Linux can actually use it these days - though the feature's not typically installed by default. sudo apt install exfat-fuse - winning.

9. Vault-Tec

AOEMI? Something like that. Hoping it works this time, though wasn't sure what size the partition needed to be so I set the default 32k.

Ah well, it's not costing anything lol.

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

File systems are one of my biggest pet peeves in the IT world. Microsoft and Apple primarily.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

EXT4 all the things, except the things you Btrfs. Or ZFS, but that needs ALL THE RAM if'n you want deduplication. Everything else can go hang.

Oh, except maybe that filesystem Seagate did to improve the performance of shingle drives. That was pretty neat.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It bugs me that any party believes (falsely) that their FS is better enough that it deserves to be closed source. I don't accept that if someone dedicated time to it at both Apple and Microsoft they couldn't make it run on an open source FS.

13. Vault-Tec

Didn't work. Unless I am missing something obvious it won't either..

I'm trying to create a USB stick for my PS classic with the games on it I actually like. Of which there are none in stock guise. What's odd is that I downloaded a 64gb image and a 32gb image and neither fit on the corresponding sized sticks. Both are about 1.7gb too large. I have tried removing a couple of games and still nothing.

14. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

A/C in the office is out as whoever installed it were gibbons wearing cowboy hats (so sayeth the engineer who came out to look at it.) Rain is persisting it down outside and there aren't enough windows to keep a breeze going around so I'm perspiring at a rate of knots.

15. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Even with exfat-fuse and exfat-utils, gparted won't touch exfat with anything except a scrub due to licenses.

16. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Time to turn in my geek/nerd badge... of the last nine posts, before this one, I only fully understood one & just about understood 2 more. :(

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Power outages.

18. Vault-Tec

Success*

* With the 32gb Cruzer and the games are still nothing I wanted.

Sigh.

Time to start nerding and figure out how to build my own.....

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Having to use a membrane keyboard as my mech is too heavy to have on my lap. I thought it'd fine, won't really be that different will it. It's an X4 sidewinder so not a boggo basic office one. Nope. Wrong. Incorrect. :nono:

Also realising how nice my ips monitor is now I'm on a 10+ year old led TV and I just can't get the colour/contrast/brightness right. Makes it so difficult to see enemies at a distance, especially in a cover shooter.

20. Vault-Tec

My legs are the same. I need 4" too much in the waist so they go over my legs. I mostly buy cargos now.