1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Finally finished Fallout 4. Although I now have the DLC packs to play through.

I dunno, it's a competent enough game I guess. Certainly reeks of Bethesda - insane loading times, clipping issues galore, idiot NPCs blocking your way, ALL THE CRAFTING, etc.

But it just doesn't feel like a Fallout game any more. The last one that did was New Vegas - that game is covered in Black Isle Studios/Obsidian Entertainment fingerprints. Bethesda are never gonna let go of the Fallout IP, and after the horseshit they pulled with New Vegas it's unlikely that anyone involved with the early Fallout games will ever get chance to work on it again. The Fallout 76 debacle just makes the whole situation that much worse. The Fallout universe has so much potential, I'm just not sure Bethesda can do it justice any more. I'm not sure I want another Fallout game at this point.

2. creative

creative 500rwhp

America's Army.

surprisingly polished game to say its free and will keep my FPS itch scratched for a while. Just a shame its online only.

3. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

Fall Harbour is pretty good. But I know what you mean. I even quicksave before going into the lift, the loading time can get stuck otherwise. It's ridiculous with the loading time. And after I got all the companion perks, I go on my own, refreshing without having to quickly dive into the room and out before they trap you in the doorway. I like the weapon upgrade, shame I can't scrap the legendary weapons/armours.

4. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Witcher 3 again, just roaming around. The Kaer Morhen area might just be my favorite place in any game ever. Well, maybe tied with the entirety of Shadow of the Colossus.

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Minecraft. It really has seen a resurgence of late and one of the ex-Paizo guys has a realm server I've been playing around on. I'm merrily making a Pagoda on a mountain (OK, hill this time) as is tradition. I've built it in the worst place though, my strip-mines hardly have any iron let alone diamonds!

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Kerbal Space Program. So much fun... Still struggling to work out the most optimal trajectory to reach orbit efficiently - which of course also depends on the payload and amount of fuel your craft is carrying... Half tempted to just install MechJeb and be done with it.

Have a "science sandbox" game on the go right now - I've made it to Minmus but I still haven't landed on the Mun yet. Gravity of Minmus is tiny in comparison to the Mun, so much easier to land on and return from.

I haven't played Minecraft in ages... So much new stuff has been added in the mean time, it'd be totally bewildering to try and jump back in now.

7. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It's actually incredible how much is in vanilla now. As we're playing on Realms there aren't any mods and lots and lots of stuff from our old modded server days are just in the game now! There are SO MANY BIOMES. I'd say get on and check it out, bewilderment be damned!

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Mech Jeb is ok, certainly useful for 'launching to rendezvous' with x planet but it wont actually solve all your problems, if your rocket is poorly designed it can struggle to get them into orbit.
    In my experience, I tend to try and build rockets that go strait up with solid fuel boosters that run out on or just after the first blue line of the 'atmosphere bar', ditch the spent boosters and then kick in a gravity turn (if you use SAS - the 'T' Key, you then then select the Prograde market to the bottom left of the nav ball), it will keep you on a nice trajectory, assuming you have the fuel. I then aim for about 100k apoapsis orbit, kill the throttle and then coast to the top of that orbit, initiating another pro-grade burn to get the periapses to 100km as well. Anything above 70km should prevent you from falling back to Kerbin.

The Mun is surprisingly hard to land on, no atmosphere, quite high gravity, full of craters and hills, even if it is easy to get to. I prefer landing on Duna myself, much harder to get to but much easier to land on as para-shoots work a treat. Same goes for Eve, although you will need a good heat shield, unless you have enough fuel & delta v to really slow your decent. Eve has high gravity and a very thick atmosphere so it is very easy to burn up on entry! I have only brought back a handful of ships from Duna and none from Eve, it's pretty challenging!

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah it might be worth a look. Only times I've played Minecraft recently have been on the Switch really...

TBH when it comes to rocket design I'm probably trying to squeeze too much efficiency out of it. I can get to orbit just fine, I just want to make sure I get the best use out of every last ounce of v I'm carrying so that I've got plenty left for manoeuvres and injection orbits. I watched some Scott Manley tutorials when I first started playing which are still really helpful - although the game has changed a little since then, aerodynamics certainly play a much bigger part in the ascent stage now... It doesn't help that I'm playing in "science" mode and I'm struggling to get that next milestone of landing on the Mun - I need a lot more research points to start unlocking the really heavy rocketry stuff.

I've landed on the Mun several times now, but I just end up using too much fuel in my lander to achieve a free-return trajectory with a low enough periapsis to intersect Kerbin's atmosphere. Like you said, the Mun is a real PITA to land on... I don't really have the technology yet to try an Apollo-style mission with a separate lander and orbital craft - besides, I haven't quite mastered docking and the design of a mission like that is actually incredibly complex. I think I might try getting out to Duna or Eve and doing some orbital science experiments - hopefully I can build a craft with enough ∆v to make it there and back!

Hex likes this.
  10. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I make very dirty rockets, not much efficiency, lots of brute force. I tend to make them peel away like an onion, with accent stages full of high thrust engines and solid fuel boosters, then a stage for a 500k circle burn (to take advantage of the higher speed time warp). Then a nuclear engine stage for long distance travel, then back to dirty high ISP engines for the capture and decent burns.

Science mode is hard but rewarding - long distance journeys will be hard without bigger fuel tanks and engines, so I initially focused on unlocking enough science tech to make the yields bigger. It really takes off once you unlock the mobile processing lab.

I built an Apollo style rocket and lander, just as a nod to the 60th anniversary, very tight fuel margins on a lander can that small - but there are some better Apollo craft files on the work shop if your after inspiration, unlocked parts permitting ofc!

11. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Beat saber on the Oculus quest... Too much fun.

12. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

ion fury, plain stupid simple fun like was 20 years ago

tho i am having to take the odd break due to getting motion sickness which i never ever got before now on build engine games. maybe its my old monitor

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force...

Muchos hours wasted exploring the blocky rendition of Voyager reading lore and logs..

GeorgeK and Yaka like this.
  14. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Project Cars, £4 on CD Keys
    Far Cry 5

15. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Picked up Anno 1800 this weekend to play with a couple of friends at i65, and also started Mutant Year Zero as I got it free from Epic, really enjoying them both :D

16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

A way out. It's actually great fun.

17. creative

creative 500rwhp

Deliver us the Moon...

Not a difficult game by any stretch of the imagination but I am actually enjoying it! Moving around in space being weightless can be quite disorientating sometimes but good fun, as is driving off road across the luna surface in a buggy!

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Recently been playing some Oxygen Not Included again after my Anno save file went a bit weird which put me off for a bit.

19. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Rage 2, got bored of this at first but dunno why im still playing it not the greatest game in the world some bits are great other bits are meh

20. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Jumped back into Destiny 2 after getting Shadowkeep. I have also just got Baldurs Gate 1&2 on PS4, seems to be pretty well done but with being used to mouse control on PC original I have been struggling with the controls on it. Just tinkering with the tutorial so hopefully it will become clearer the more I play.