1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I just run a VPS on Leaseweb and prefer doing the setup myself. In the 2 years I've used them I doubt I've had even an hour of downtime.

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Got a pair of VaporMax Plus on ebay for £57 inc. delivery. The poor soul who bought them at the street price of £170 broke his/her ankle and barely had a chance to wear them.

[​IMG]

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Apparently my £9 decade-old Pantone Huey ain't going to cut it, so considerably-more-than-£9 later here I am. Fingers crossed this one plays better!

4. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

More mistakes were made. Sorry I can't adjust the res of the images, on work computer.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Nice for you but, beats me why said "poor soul" didn't just keep them to use later, when the ankle is healed.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Maybe he needs the money to pay for medical bills?

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Possibly a rip-off merchant? Or have I just become too cynical.

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Stolen.

9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I mean, style is subjective and all, but they look like they were carved out of soap and used on a wet floor to create the soles...

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I never buy trainers from eBay any more. They're all fake, but JD won't tell you they are and Nike refused to get involved.

Lesson learned. I always get mine from Nike directly now. You put in your shoe size, sort the price from high to low and yeah...

Seriously that's a cock a me me story and I guarantee they are fakes. The box will be wrong and made out of some cheap cardboard. There's a mountain of them on FB market place.

Having said that I did buy some fake Yeezy from China for £24 and tbh I can't fault them at all. I call them my cheezys. That said I knew what I was getting into.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There's a mondegreen I've not seen before. "Cockamamie."

spolsh likes this.
  12. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I think conspiracy theories can only go so far - there are plenty genuine trainers on ebay, and you'll get them if you know where to look and what to avoid (been buying them for almost 20 years now, so I've picked up a thing or two along the way).

I don't see much point adding fuel to the conspiracy fire, so I guess I'll keep enjoying great ebay bargains while the conspiracy theorists hide under their tinfoil hats! :worried:

13. Vault-Tec

ILST. How to spell cockamamie hahaha

14. Vault-Tec

Those are fakes. I can assure you that no one would sell a set of trainers costing £150 for that price. It simply doesn't happen. I thought it could twice and each time I got fakes. Adidas confirmed it the first time, Nike refused to. They simply said they do not sell on eBay.

It's already been pointed out that the story is improbable, but no surprise people are coming up with these stories. These are the most expensive and popular shoes right now, you can't get them for 1/3 of the price. Not even on eBay. I used to work for Cecil Gee BITD and I can't tell you how many fake items I've bought on eBay. Thankfully I have the skills to spot them so I always got my money back but now I just go to the outlets in Gunwharf knowing I am getting genuine items.

There's no such thing as a free lunch, if it's too good to be true etc. I can assure you that it's close to impossible to get the latest high end trainers for £50 odd unless they're last season's. Let's see the box they come in when they arrive.

I've got three pairs of Nike that were £150 RRP and they come in quite elaborate boxes.

LennyRhys likes this.
  15. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Well if that's the case he'll have his ebay account either suspended or terminated. I'll do my due diligence and if the trainers are fakes, I'll be getting my money back without any quibble. I very much doubt they'll arrive in any box as they are technically used, but there are other things I can check to establish whether or not they're counterfeit.

Looks like I need to give up buying trainers on ebay altogether!

16. Vault-Tec

I would in all honesty. Unless of course you know and accept they are not genuine. I've bought a couple of pairs of fakes but they were £20 from China and I knew what I was getting into. I did get stung a couple of years ago on a £50 set of Huarache and Nike refused to comment basically. They literally just told me not to buy their stuff from eBay. IIRC there was a big crackdown on eBay by the big Manus (Boss and Adidas were at least two) and this is where the stories are coming from now. People have either been ripped off themselves and are trying to pass them on or they're buying them from China and selling for profit.

As I say, Facebook is rife with them around here. I wanted a second pair of Adidas springblades and an all red pair came up. Asked him to give me an original receipt and he blocked me. Obviously I made him uncomfortable.

I had fake Torsions too but Adidas confirmed that.

Another tell tale sign is they'll be a little bit small, that's because Chinese people are much smaller than we are. Like, I've never had a genuine pair of Nike in a size 9 that didn't fit me like a glove.

If PayPal were how they used to be I'd buy them with reckless abandon but sadly now they demand proof from the Manu. So I'd have had to pay to send them back and instead I just threw them in the bin and started buying from Nike directly. It's simply too risky on eBay given the amount of fake stuff these days.

LennyRhys likes this.
  17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

A tube of Black 2.0, the world's mattest, flattest black paint.

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This has to be shopped right. If not I need a link to the stuff

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Stuart Semple's black 2.0?

I love that stuff. I used it on my DOOM desk light and it's wonderful stuff.

I also like that it's all because Vantablack is so absurdly expensive, and the site has/had a whine about the guy who owns it/the formula for Vantablack.

And @MLyons it's not shopped - The stuff is the blackest black times infinity that you as a mere mortal can buy.

If it is the one I have, it's this stuff; http://stuartsemple.com/project/black-v1-0-beta-worlds-mattest-flattest-black-art-material/

The URL hasn't been updated, but that is black 2.0

20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

It's not so spectacular in real life; I bought some after having seen such photos, I had to see it for myself.