1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I got super lucky - My lady is as punctual as me, so we don't really have those discussions :p But yeah. I'm always doing that thought process of "what could go wrong, how, and how do I get around it" too. Eh. At least I'm rarely late to places.

adidan likes this.
  2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Put up some shelving and tidied up the garage some more. Now have a lovely work area. More to do next job is get the bikes on the wall, some flooring down then more clearing.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The Last Of Us Remastered.

I don't think I've ever played a game that brought tears to my eyes within ten minutes.

It's genius.

adidan likes this.
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It's a heart wrencher all right.

5. adidan

Oh she's super organised but doesn't factor in things that could happen - usually a "why would that happen?" response with a quizzical look as to why i think it could :hehe:

liratheal likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

I dropped the controller in my lap, put both hands on my head in despair and tears started coming even though I was telling myself "it's not real, it's not real".

Damn. Why can't they make games like this any more? It's not even the first time you realise how f****D you are either.

Amazing. I played it until my controller went dead, just charging it now. Even the small things like how you have to shake the controller to charge the flashlight and how the click comes from the controller when you turn it on and off. Finally a reason for me to love my neglected PS4.

I can see what the fuss was about. This game is incredible. Just after sadness and desperation kick in you're loling at the wise cracks of the girl.

It's just mind bendingly good.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Dude, it's only six years old - five for the remaster - and they're literally making a game exactly like it right now.

Also, if you like your games with plot - not Plot, thank you, H-game fans - have a try at a few of the less actiony titles: Gone Home, Tacoma, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Firewatch, Life is Strange (so, so good...)

Vault-Tec likes this.
  8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

The Asrock 775 Dual Vsata board that Hermes lost was randomly delivered to my collection point today... despite them telling the ebay seller they lost it and closed the case!

In additional news the 6800Ultra I bought around 5 years ago but couldn't test (AGP) works!!!! :D:D:D:D

EDIT: Additional news 2... Suprisingly a Pentium 4 (D) at 3ghz isn't utterly terrible when combined with a cheap SSD in Windows XP... who knew?!

Last edited: 17 Aug 2019
    Arboreal likes this.
  9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

If you like playing around with older hw:
    https://hwbot.org/competition/team_cup_2019_ddr2/
    Might interest you.

Also viva date confirmed, can't work out if I want to put that in this thread or the ruining one...

10. Vault-Tec

I'm getting confused with the launch of the PS3...

I tried fire watch but I got lost.

This game has everything though that I like. Zombies, violence, surprises (both bad and good) and the graphics are stunning. It even has the wise cracking daughter I always wanted lol.

Just so brilliantly written and executed.

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Hearing was fixed Friday and we think we've worked out what is causing it. Going back in 2 weeks to have the other one done as well.

IanW and adidan like this.
  12. adidan

Awesome.

Now:

FETCH!

Good Doge.

MLyons likes this.
  13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Chimken nugger wedged in there?

IanW, Shirty and adidan like this.
  14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

wax buildup caused by using in ear earphones at work all day everyday. I've now switched to over ears

Last edited: 19 Aug 2019
  15. adidan

Where there's blame there's a claim. ;)

Vault-Tec likes this.
  16. Vault-Tec

Now you'll be prone to ear lining infections and spots in your ears.

If you wear cans a lot I would suggest cleaning your ears every time you have a shower or bath (it softens the wax) and then use some rubbing alcohol on the outside area of your ears to prevent spots. The spots can be really painful and cause more infections.

17. MLyons

how exactly are you suggesting cleaning them? cotton bud? makes it worse

18. Vault-Tec

Not for me it hasn't dude. I used to get at least three infections a year and had to spray this stuff that reeked of vinegar in my ear and feel unbalanced all the time. Not had one since I started cleaning every day.

19. MLyons

cotton buds push the wax further down and makes the issue even worse.

20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Not only that, you will irritate the ear canal, increasing wax production and there is high risk of damaging the eardrum.