1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I think it looks best on things that aren't purely flat. I've not experimented with it myself, but I'm also thinking a coat of matt lacquer might make it even more interesting, on porous surfaces it can dry a little chalky.

2. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Metalocalypse quote in there Lira?

liratheal likes this.
  3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Indeed. If there's a time to slip that one into conversation it's talking about black 2.0!

m0o0oeh likes this.
  4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Any sort of overcoat would probably ruin it, or at least just turn it into regular black paint. These sort of ultra-absorbant pigments work on the surface structure they produce (which is why Vantablack is so bonkers expensive, it's more a vapour deposition coating process than it is a 'paint'). The Stuart Semple black paints don;t have the ordered CN nanostrucutre of Vantablack, and instead just use enormous amouints of fine pigment flakes to create a similar but less efficient microstructure, combined with an acrylic binder that evaporates just enough the expose the flakes but not too much that they fall right off (but this is why the paint is easy to scratch: not much binder remains to hold it on).
    There's also now a Black 3.0, perfect for painting your spaceship interior before firing it into the nearest star.

liratheal likes this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Update on the blackout blinds. They came about three days back. All I had to do was put the built in blinds up, use two of the suction cups for the top then hold it straight and roll the built in blinds back down. They leak a little light here and there, but overall they are fantastic and will be easy to remove for winter without causing any damage.

Whilst cooking my dinner tonight everything on the tray stuck. Every lemon sole goujon and every bloody chip. I wondered why I've been putting up with it for so long, then got this.

[​IMG]

I got two of these because I am now eating half sized meals. This means my two day spaggy bolly is now 4 day spaggy bolly with nowhere to put it. I have one, so I will put two in the freezer.

[​IMG]

Wanted this as my all day everywhere drinking vessel.

[​IMG]

And picked this up for £14.99 for when I am done with FO3.

[​IMG]

And of course coils.

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Quite like the look of that. Been after a new water bottle, all the ones i've had end up smelling rank after a while no matter how much i clean them.

Mind you got a dishwasher now, that may help. Prefer the idea of metal over plastic though.

Not played the RM version, just the original. Worried about going back to it as i loved it, there were times it was tugging at my emotions something rotten - not many games have done that to me.

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Well you don't want to be getting pregnant now, do you!:hehe:

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've never played the original. Simple fact was when the PS3 launched I was on my knees financially so I could barely afford to eat one meal a day. So yeah, really been wanting it for ages.

Just finished Point Lookout so I've only got Anchorage and the stupid aliens dlc to go and then just mopping up the bobbleheads I'm missing and The Keller Family unmarked quest and then I'm done with FO3. 41 hours so far....

Days gone just didn't really do it for me.

adidan likes this.
  9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Aside from the graphics, frame rate and a slightly different (better) control scheme they're the same game, all the other changes from the PS3 version are extremely minor. It certainly isn't like Metro 2033/redux, where the second half of the game plays very differently.

adidan likes this.
  10. creative

creative 500rwhp

A new car.

About time I got something again but it needed to be something suitable for the missus as well so we went and got one of these...

[​IMG]

a 2019 gen 4 mazda 3 G25 GT with all the fruit.

a really nice little car to drive with only 2 things I dont like. Radar cruise control is bloody dangerous and i-stop.....

now to find a ute shell....

Vault-Tec and yuusou like this.
  11. adidan

Ok i'm officially losing my mind.

I could swear i had a/some post(s) replying to @Vault-Tec about the Last of Us in this thread and they've been removed.

Have i really had that much fresh air i'm hallucinating posts now?!?!?

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You did...

But maybe you're thinking of this thread?

adidan likes this.
  13. adidan

Thank you, you have just saved my sanity.

I even looked through my recent activity.

Seriously, let this be a warning to all - too much fresh air is not good for you.

:lol::lol::lol:

Vault-Tec, perplekks45 and IanW like this.
  14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I can't find my birth certificate. So I went online and ordered a new copy. It will be sent to me by post. It was so easy.... that just blew my mind. An easy, 100% online process for an official document from the German government. What the ... ?

15. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

As decribed in the Life Sucks thread, I had a disciplinary, so going to do some Funko-based retail therapy, with the possibility of buying a Switch if they have the 2019 model in Smyths.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2019
    perplekks45 likes this.
  16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I had that... they sent it to me, complete with a 10 euro bill.
    I would be happy to pay the 10 euro bill, but they don't do online payments or paypal, so I had to get someone IN GERMANY to go there, pay them for that, simply because payments from Namibia to germany cannot be done for amounts that small via the bank

17. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

So yeah, I splurged on a Switch last night. Not the 2019 model as no-one in South Wales will be getting them until they shift their current stock of the current Switches. Picked up a copy of Pokemon: Eevee, and got a £30 voucher for the e-store too.

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I don't normally review full-size desktops, so this group test has required a little outlay:

[​IMG]

Cheap microfibre cloth pack
    'cos some of these systems are proper fingerprint magnets and one's got a very dusty acrylic side-panel, and I ain't done the photography yet.

[​IMG]

Tape measure
    . I have no idea where mine's gone, but I'm buggered if I can find it.

[​IMG]

Luggage scale
    , because I'm damned if I'm going to be standing on bathroom scales holding PC boxes like a loon.

[​IMG]

Luggage straps
    , because I need some way of fastening the PC cases I'm weighing to the luggage scales. Rainbow, 'cos they might as well be pretty, right?

[​IMG]

Eco-friendly(ish) paper packing tape
    , for when the bleedin' things have to go back.

Rock 'n' roll, baby.

19. adidan

You double check the weights on the box and manufacturer's specs or do they not think to give you handy things like that?

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Only a minority of box builders give you a proper net weight; most will, at best, estimate for shipping purposes. The boxes, meanwhile, only list the weight for the empty cases sans components. Result: luggage scales and funky rainbow straps.