1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kill this, PLEASE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44638, 14 Jul 2019.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Just remove the ...? from the link to make it work :winking:

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

First one for sure if you do anything other than gaming.

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

If what you do is mostly gaming, which seems to be the case, the 3600 will be a better fit.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Or order the mobo and CPU from CCL, they'll update it for you.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I may be looking to sell my old watercooling parts soon, so keep an eye on the marketplace :p

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Ack I threw a load away when I left my flat. I would have given it away just didn't have time. Full set of fittings in white (bits power) two rads etc. In fact no, make that three rads.

I just don't have the space now man. Shame, but, it has stopped me from serial fiddling (fnarr).

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Shouldn't do, just CPU, and RAM, some don't even need that! Any error codes?

8. adidan

PSU/mobo/cpu/gpu/ram.

That's it.

Some MSI boards with flashback only need a psu afaik.

9. adidan

Yeah not sure why some do and some don't.

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Premium features

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Its the problem with golden oldies, they lack little details like offsetting the fan mounts to fit rads...

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Yes, because I'm about to list more or less a full loop on the marketplace :p

If memory serves the Define C should be fairly straight forward :) Looking at photos the only pain will be pump placement.

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The XE version may or may not be too fat to fit in the front of the Define C (dunno how big the cut out in the PSU shroud is), but yes, in general you can stuff a 360 rad in the front of it.

Cheaper? If you want new this is basically the only game in town:
    https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/parts/

The performance difference isn't all that big between alu and copper, so well worth considering for for those on a budget.
    There is however a hidden cost: As you should never ever mix alu and copper in the same loop there is effectively zero compatibility with WC parts from other brands.

14. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

its totally dependent on your skills, willingness, and time

I can't say that X will fit Y out of the box but if the numbers match up you can make most things work, your thinking a 360 rad in a case that's got a OD of 440mm tall, case spec's say it can handle a front 360 with 144 thickness so add in fan fatness and do some math it will work, its just going to be tight

THEN add in fittings and tubing and bend radius of said tubing, even soft tubing has a substantial radius and you end up with not impossible but not exactly a drag n drop situation

as far as aluminum and copper... yes YOU should not do it, but its done all the time in AIO's (and cars and industrial) cause they have educated nerds not putting random crap though the loop, but for joe blow putting walmart distilled water though a loop with god knows what dyes and additives its not a very fun experience

Last edited: 10 Aug 2019
  15. adidan

The wraith is supposed to be not much to write home about, even a cheap aftermarket cooler looks like it lets a 3600 perform better.

I mean it will do the job (ish) but it'll be hot and noisy.

16. adidan

When they popped on the cooler from a 3600x on a 3600 they essentially ran the same. (Edit: and that cooler isn't as good as the same named cooler with the 2600x as they've removed the copper slugged vapour chamber).

The stealth is rated 65w tdp and so can throttle it but it will work. You can always try it and go with an AM later if you don't like it.

Edit: Personally, i'll be picking up a 3600 but won't be using the stealth but that's just me.

17. adidan

Well if you want quieter it'll certainly be better than the stock stealth and will keep it cool enough to let it stretch its legs.