1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

When in Rome the land of wurst & pretzels...
    [​IMG]
    And yes, that is the teeniest tiniest spring clamp you ever saw.

Bag weight is the only thing preventing me from stuffing a case with everything Knipex, Wera, Wiha, Gedore...

LennyRhys likes this.
  2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I bought Knipex pliers last year, to replace decades old cheap pliers and they do seem to be very good pliers. More recently I needed a long shaft pozidriv screwdriver for a couple of jobs. I thought it was time I tried Wera Kraftform, after every other brand I've tried proving disappointing. The laser etching of the tip really does work, the screwdriver just does not slip. All my screwdrivers will be replaced by Wera over the coming months.

3. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Wow ! That is a proper trippy carpet !

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Speaking of carpet....

So Thursday we had some really good news, my brother in laws wife had been granted her visa to come live in the UK. The bad news was that it had been granted 4 weeks ago but no one had informed her and if she hadn't come to the UK and got her documents by today it would expire and she may have to start the whole process again :jawdrop:. They thought they'd have 4 weeks to find a place to rent till they then found somewhere to but, but as not we volunteered our house as a stop-gap. As we're not really sure how long that will be for, we're moving into the bigger front bedroom so I can keep my desk and pc in there without cramping ourselves out of bedroom space. So furniture moving in a new room can only mean one thing. ROOOOOM PLAAAAANS!!!! :clap::rock: We've also not replaced the carpet we ripped out that was infested with carpet beetle when we moved in 2 years ago as I'd wanted to make sure those buggers were gone and the floorboards are a bit of a mess, loose bit and dodgy nail heads and all sorts of nasties waiting to rip off a toe.As such I'd need to look at what sort of rug sizes we'd need for temporary covering.

From sketches:
    [​IMG]

To plans:
    [​IMG]

And back to sketches:
    [​IMG]

Armed with a plethora of rug size combinations, we thought we'd first check the little carpet place round the corner, see if they had any rugs or off cuts that we could use as rugs. And boy did they ever! After a bit of searching we found one that was 0.9m*4.2m that could go the full length of the floor at the bottom of the bed, a 0.6m*2m to go down the side of the bed and a 2m*2.4m for the main space, 2 the same colour and one just slightly off, but perfect for a temporary fix, all for just £71! But my mrs seemed troubled, i could tell she was thinking dangerous thoughts. I had spotted a big peice about 4x4.5 that would be more than big enough for the whole floor for about £100.00, surely there must be others that would make it easier and less of a trip hazard, especially with me still being in a delicate state. So off she goes hunting some more and oh boy does she come up with the goods.
    [​IMG]

Check out the shag on that! :naughty: It was a shad over 4m long by about 2.8m i think. It'd leave a slight border around the floor space but for £50 it's an absolute bargain! It's has a bit of weird rippling in one of the corners which is why it was so cheap, but it'll be the corner under my desk and the ottoman so it doesn't mater one bit.
    [​IMG]

Only bas thing now is I have to leave her to all the humping and dumping and I feel really guilty, but can't for one second kid myself that I could lend a hand without rupturing something again.

LennyRhys, IanW and adidan like this.
  5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I've always wanted a set of those Knipex pincers but never had anything approaching a reason to buy them. I might get a set yet :hehe:

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Haha when I moved I went in to measure up and drew the room out on paper. Good thing, I think the removers would have been pissed if they had lugged my sofa or TV up there just to have to take it back down :D

7. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Well, the sh!te that I bought on ebay is going back to the seller today and I'll be getting a full refund.

I decided to take VT's advice and go straight to the source, and I bagged a pair of Air Max 98s for a shade under £87, down from £145. I'm super chuffed as I've wanted a pair of these gawjus trainers since... well... 1998. They are absolutely sublime on the feet, and they'll be my "dailies" when I'm not wearing my CATs to work.

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec likes this.
  8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

A print by Mark Gibbons that was commissioned for this years Metallica tour.

The Irish one was crap, so went with Marks instead as he is a favourite artist of mine.

[​IMG]

LennyRhys likes this.
  9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

All the things coffee!
    12 bricks of Segafredo espresso coffee
    [​IMG]

A new Gator canister to keep it nice and fresh
    [​IMG]

A distributor and tamper for a better pull. I currently just use the back of a 30 year old spoon. It can then go back to doing what it does best, being the most perfect size spoon for eating with.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a silicone matt to put all me bits on.
    [​IMG]

And some cheapo amazon nespresso pods for when I got back to work next week, cause I don't want to go back on nasty nescafe instant.
    [​IMG]

Vault-Tec, yuusou and adidan like this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Awesome those are luvverly. I nearly went for them myself recently but I have so many pairs now that it's a joke.

I had a pair I bought in march that I didn't even wear until about two weeks ago haha.

But aye, avoid eBay seriously. It's a cess pit for fakes :(

LennyRhys likes this.
  11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Most excellent seats to see Slipknot in January: Yay!
    "Demand driven prices": Boo

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Seats?! Seats?! Why the hell do you need seats at a Slipknot gig?!

I also bought tickets for Slipknot in January - their new album is bloody ace. I ain't bloody well sitting down tho! :grin:

goldstar0011 likes this.
  13. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I saw them at Leeds seated as that's all we could get, felt weird.

Tempted to see Rammstein seated though after seeing them standing, just for a different POV

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's an acceptable reason I suppose. That and the inability to actually be able to stand throughout the length of a gig, I suppose.

It'll be the first time I've ever seen Slipknot live, despite having listened to them off and on for nearly 20 years...

goldstar0011 and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'd much prefer to enjoy the music in my own space, rather than "enjoy" the bodily fluids of a thousand other greasy idiots, superfans and angsty teens over-compensating for god knows what.

I was one of those greasy idiot superfan angsty teens, but I'm in my 30s now, and want a place to sit my ass down and enjoy my beverage while I listen thankyouverymuch.

I've had seats for every big gig I've been to for at least the last 5 years, including Slipknot on their last tour. Only exceptions are the smaller venues where it's all general admission anyway.

Last edited: 29 Aug 2019
    goldstar0011 and liratheal like this.
  16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Maybe I've just been binge-watching too much Bob's Burgers since it got added to Amazon Prime Video, but I totally read that in Gene Belcher's voice.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

If you've been "enjoying" the bodily fluids of others then I think you and I go to very different gigs :grin:

I'm not gonna be: elbowing and shoving my way to the front so I can be crushed up against the barriers; tossing myself and others around (that's what she said) in the pit; getting blind drunk; etc. I have also been there and done that... But something about sitting down at a gig just feels wrong. I got a seated box ticket when I went to see Devin Townsend in the Royal Albert Hall a few years back and I kinda wish I'd got a standing ticket instead, I would've had a much better view. To be fair though that was a long show, IIRC it was about 3 hours excluding the intermission...

18. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Wow, bet that was awesome live!!

19. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

1080p, 15.6" IPS travel monitor. USB-C and HDMI inputs. Very high number of positive (global) reviews,

Looks pretty decent and only £94 from Ali-Express.

[​IMG]

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It was pretty damn good. First half was the entirety of the Z2 album and the second half was a fan-selected "by request" set list. Funeral, B@stard, and The Death of Music performed live was an absolutely incredible experience. Watching or listening to that performance of The Death of Music still sends shivers up my spine to this day.

The whole show is available on Blu-Ray.

Edit: Damn swear filter...

goldstar0011 likes this.