1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've been looking at wet palettes recently, let us know how that one is!

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I certainly will sir! It's my first one, so my opinions may be uneducated.

3. liratheal

Not like I'm coming from a wealth of knowledge about 'em either!

That one looks much nicer than the ones I've seen while trying to Google them in german though.

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

6. liratheal

15665637633167154629421865771744.jpg

I'd say never again, but we'd all know it was a lie.

That's the smallest eagle I've ever painted that looked vaguely like it was meant to.

7. lilgoth89

Ender 3, Prusia I3 and the Anycubic Photon are the 3 most popular printers atm

i keep ummming and arrring over the Photon myself, i dont know how well id be able to use it, with the toxic resins and the smells ,and all the IPA baths you need...

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I'm currently eyeballing an Ender 5 or Anycubic i3 Mega S. Both are around the €250 mark with spare nozzles.

I need a print area of 140x140x140 for the WarLayer STl files, which I received all 5GB worth of yesterday :O

9. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Part of me is very tempted to grab a photon and print a warlord titan.... as a means to recoup my cost

Also I made a start on painting a white scar
    [​IMG]

[ZiiP] NaloaC and liratheal like this.
  10. lilgoth89

you cant print a Warlord on a Photon, the parts are too big :/ unless you want to spend quite alot of time cutting them down to fit, then having the nightmare of getting smooth join lines when fixing it back together

11. liratheal

To celebrate the lack of failing at B1, I bought myself Abaddon. But now I can't decide whether to have the cape or not..

Edit: Decided against the cape. The FW Abaddon I always lusted after doesn't have one, and it's in three parts. If there's anything I hate it's joins in smooth surfaces.

It begins! Five or six hours later;

[​IMG]

Everything still comes to pieces. Bar the skull rack thing and the main body.

It's actually quite a process to assemble.. Left shin first, then the waist piece, right shin, torso back, torso front, hoses on the front torso, then the top knot. The hands are the only bit that can be attached to the main body without getting in the way.

Last edited: 28 Aug 2019
  12. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Bit of an odd one and appreciate may not be the right sub for this. Mods please feel free to delete or move as appropriate.

I was cleaning out my mum's attic yesterday and found some old white dwarf and various manuals and codex. Most of this must date to early 90s up to mid 200os. Earliest I found was numbered 122 and there must be a few hundred there (probably a complete run). Is there a demand/market for selling this kind of stuff? Next time I'm there I'll get a full break down of what was in the boxes. If it's a waste of time i'll charity shop/recycle them.
    Cheers in advance.

13. liratheal

Let us know what you've got, and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction!

I expect Facebook groups will be best for older stuff, but it does depend a little bit on the rarity of certain things.

Another five or six hours today;

[​IMG]

I got a little OTT and painted the head pads. Which, you'll see, can't really be seen once it's together..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit:

[​IMG]

So close I can taste it. Unlike previous pictures, this is all glued together bar the top knot now.

I love this model. I'd paint another one straight after this one. It's a PITA to put together the first time, but once you're familiar with it it's fine, but the detail. There's just the right amount. It feels as badass as Abaddon should, and it's infinitely better than the cruddy little metal one.

Last edited: 30 Aug 2019
    gilljoy and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  14. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

cheers. I Grabbed this books this afternoon and will catalog whats in it then. I'll pop a list up here when I'm done if thats ok. Would be grateful for any guidance/advice. Cheers

liratheal, gilljoy and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  15. lilgoth89

[​IMG]
    imma just... leave this here...305 Knights all in House Taranis Colours at WHW on Saturday

16. liratheal

That's beyond mental.

Every time I put brush to this model I find something else to paint. Current tally of things left is:

Base - Blend the bit of the base I added into the rest, also got to do the helmet skull thing on the dead marine. A little drybrushing on the rocks.
    Torch behind the left leg - I need to then decide if I want to do any OSL on that fire..
    Sword - I tried something, it didn't pan out how I wanted it to. Scrubbed clean and carried on.
    Bullet tips - Gw has a couple of them tipped red.
    Trophy rack - Got a couple more black bits to pick out, mostly on the SM helmet, also the service studs on the other skulls.
    Clear coat - Not sure here. The stuff I've been using thus far isn't brilliant (Pigmentless Duplicolour universal primer), and might necessitate an expensive can of Army Painter clear..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone spot anything else I've missed?

17. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Still not enuf dakka...

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Not sure why but i sold mine a while ago, earlier than yours but auctioning only got a couple of quid each iirc.

A big batch, someone may buy a bundle.

#thingsiregret

19. lilgoth89

According to a FB post Total house assets present.
    305 knights. Breakdown.
    197 knights and 108 Armigers.
    By class.
    6 Acastus
    29 Cerastus
    23 Dominus
    139 Questoris
    108 Armigers.
    Total value £25623.00
    Total points cost. 105,000 pts
    Total power level cost. 5082 PL
    All figures are based on the mean average of cost,points,power levels etc.

Note to mention some of the people brought their Titans to the meetup as well

i REALLY want to see a match of Titanicus with all the Knights, and Titans all marching together it would be GLORIOUS

i keep meaning to get back into Playing 40k, but with my anxiety levels all over the shop, i dont tend to leave the house, and my local Games Workshop ( Sutton Coldfield ) Closed up shop
    Plus with all the 3d printed junk i have, GW would not be impressed

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I would throw in to consider Kill Team as a re-entry. I intend on using that as a 'gateway' into the local gaming group I found about 30 minutes from me. I just have to finish my Reivers.