1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ⭐ "Something wooden" watercooled a little now

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by P43YM, 30 Jun 2019.

?

Oil or Stain+Oil?

1. Oil

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Stain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kim

kim hardware addict

impressive work...boldness, and skills...:wallbash:

2. P43YM

P43YM What's a Dremel?

3. arduum

arduum Minimodder

4. P43YM

P43YM What's a Dremel?

One of my favorite hobbies is trying to find good aliexpress products for a low price. The days of real garbage products in China are gone, now there are a lot of good things. So ... I bought a couple of things. And I spent $ 42.32 and for this money it's some kind of miracle or joke I don’t know how they do it, it seems to me that only materials should cost more than that. Even if they look strange and not very cool, I think a little work on them I will do something good.
    I bought a nickel-plated CPU waterblock for $14 (it’s even comes with Rgb backlight and that stupid remote control, lol), for $ 13.32 a copper universal water block for the GPU (of course, I’ll have to make something for memory and VRM and make it all look good) and for 15 bucks I bought a pump. Pipes and fittings will also be delivered soon.
    I think it will be a lot of fun working with this even if It fail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

That tiny impeller assembly. :worried:
    Also, Pink and green...Yep, it's Chinese. :lol:
    The blocks look like direct knockoffs of existing blocks. They have potential.

6. P43YM

P43YM What's a Dremel?

Yeah, looks awful. But I will modify it anyway. And about the impeller ... I don’t know, the magnet is quite heavy, i need to test it properly when the fittings arrive.

Since I don’t have much money for gpu and cpu, so it’s unlikely that they will be hot powerhungry monsters, so my chances of cooling them normally with it are pretty high.

And the computer itself is not the goal, the goal is to have a good time building it and solving problems. The more interesting problems there are in the process, the more fun it will be for me :grin:

7. P43YM

P43YM What's a Dremel?

The second package from China arrived. Fittings for $ 0.89 apiece, a silicone cord for $ 3 and a few PETG tubes. I don’t know, but it looks very good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Look up the SC600 pump. It's ugly but you could build a housing. I've had two in service for about 2 years. I even had one apart and it has ceramic bearing and shaft. Very good strong pump.

9. P43YM

P43YM What's a Dremel?

Thank. Yes, I saw it on aliexpress. I think I'll start with this pink pump, and then I'll see what happens.
    I'm now waiting for a couple more little things from China (delivery time is very long) and I will continue to assemble the case

Last edited: 15 Sep 2019